Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 11:22 PM

305 posts, read 770,279 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Our family will be coming to Fort Myers next Saturday, the 18th, to check out the area as a possible place to relocate in the future. My mom is also considering moving there and will be joining us (actually, we'll be joining her, as she's renting a condo by the beach). We'd love it if someone could steer us toward some neighborhoods that will convince us that SWF is the place for us.

Here are some of our criteria (though I know that finding all of them in one neighborhood is probably not realistic):

Established, non-cookie cutter and leafy/treesy
Larger lots
Waterfront (gulf access)
Private and very quiet
Good schools
Walkable, bikable, and safe
Convenient location fairly close to hospitals and downtown
Between $300-700k (we're open to totally redoing an older property if it's in an ideal location)
Free of chinese drywall!

I know, you're all rolling your eyes, lol! I am a realtor in Denver, and I know my wish list is pretty idealistic, but I can always dream. : )

If there are any realtors lurking around the forum who could possibly spend 2 or 3 hours with us showing us around and answering our questions about the area we'd be thrilled. We'd also like to see some active listings to get a sense of what's out there. We're not ready to buy on this trip, but if you take the time to help us out we will definitely give you our business in the future if we decide to take the Florida plunge.

Thanks so much in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 12:00 AM

518 posts, read 1,231,330 times
I live part time outside of Fairplay Colorado in a ranch section and part time in Cape Coral Florida. I think you can find everything you are looking for except the large lot. Even in this bad market down here a large gulf access lot with great gulf access and great location will still set you back a lot. Good luck!

Old 12-11-2010, 12:20 AM

Thanks, Fiege! : )

Old 12-11-2010, 05:20 AM

222 posts, read 473,020 times
I've sent you a PM.

Regards

Old 12-11-2010, 08:13 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,984 times
I would look SE and SW Cape Coral near the river. You will get all you are looking for except large lot and maybe great schools (you need to read up on the schools in SW Florida)

Old 12-11-2010, 08:26 AM

616 posts, read 1,564,353 times
Lee County Schools are getting better - at least the high schools. 93% have earned A or B rating. http://communications.leeschools.net...des%202010.pdf

Old 12-11-2010, 08:47 AM

964 posts, read 2,064,231 times
Drive around this area. I think you will like what you see. There are other places, too, but this area is one I am most familiar with.
Attached Thumbnails
Coming to Fort Myers Next Week--Would Love to Talk to a Realtor!-yacht-club.jpg  

Old 12-11-2010, 05:37 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Look in Sanibel. Read up about School Choice on our sticky in the forum.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:01 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shukertj View Post
Hi All,

Our family will be coming to Fort Myers next Saturday, the 18th, to check out the area as a possible place to relocate in the future. My mom is also considering moving there and will be joining us (actually, we'll be joining her, as she's renting a condo by the beach). We'd love it if someone could steer us toward some neighborhoods that will convince us that SWF is the place for us.

Here are some of our criteria (though I know that finding all of them in one neighborhood is probably not realistic):

Established, non-cookie cutter and leafy/treesy
Larger lots
Waterfront (gulf access)
Private and very quiet
Good schools
Walkable, bikable, and safe
Convenient location fairly close to hospitals and downtown
Between $300-700k (we're open to totally redoing an older property if it's in an ideal location)
Free of chinese drywall!

I know, you're all rolling your eyes, lol! I am a realtor in Denver, and I know my wish list is pretty idealistic, but I can always dream. : )

If there are any realtors lurking around the forum who could possibly spend 2 or 3 hours with us showing us around and answering our questions about the area we'd be thrilled. We'd also like to see some active listings to get a sense of what's out there. We're not ready to buy on this trip, but if you take the time to help us out we will definitely give you our business in the future if we decide to take the Florida plunge.

Thanks so much in advance!
You should begin by doing major research online, before ever contacting a Agent, you can get tons of info for free online.
All you have to do is invest some time and the reward will be great for you.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:56 PM

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions and realtor recommendations. I'm looking forward to checking out your neck of the woods! ; )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area