Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 12:55 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,532,935 times

Advertisements

I guess for the past few years I've been a Fall/Spring bird for a month at a time. Real snowbirds pay me too much to stay at my place.....but soon I'll be there full time.....

Frank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 07:24 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,271 times
There is nowhere near the amount of sonw peoples here this year than there were last year.
Not even close

Old 02-09-2011, 08:15 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
That's not good. I was down last March and I couldn't believe how dead it was. It was the quietest I had ever seen, even pre-boom.

Does everyone else think that there are less snowbirds this year, compared to last?

Old 02-09-2011, 08:59 PM

616 posts, read 1,564,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
That's not good. I was down last March and I couldn't believe how dead it was. It was the quietest I had ever seen, even pre-boom.

Does everyone else think that there are less snowbirds this year, compared to last?
I can't compare from last year, but I do know that yesterday at Biddles / Carrabas on 41 was packed! They were parking on the grass between the parking lot and 41. Tonight we went to Jason's Deli on Santa Barbara and they were not packed, but had a good showing. Parking lot there was about half full. Last couple of Fridays, we have gone to Ruby Tuesdays and there's always been a line out the door.

I leave for work around 8am and takes me a good 30 to 50 mins to get Three Oaks Parkway from the SE Cape.

Like I said - can't compare to last year, but it's pretty busy around where I go.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahltkd View Post
I can't compare from last year, but I do know that yesterday at Biddles / Carrabas on 41 was packed! They were parking on the grass between the parking lot and 41. Tonight we went to Jason's Deli on Santa Barbara and they were not packed, but had a good showing. Parking lot there was about half full. Last couple of Fridays, we have gone to Ruby Tuesdays and there's always been a line out the door.

I leave for work around 8am and takes me a good 30 to 50 mins to get Three Oaks Parkway from the SE Cape.

Like I said - can't compare to last year, but it's pretty busy around where I go.
True season, you cannot get near a restaurant from early bird special time until well after 8, seven days a week.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:19 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
They are not called snowbirds any longer.

They are now called SUNNY-BIRDS.

They are coming to the sunshine so they are now sunny-birds.

Wish I was right behind them on my way out of the global cooling we are having up here.

2 degrees here by morning. No wonder they are leaving in droves.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:36 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,090,600 times
i posed the question to my dad and he says .. Does not appear to be as busy this year as last. The only thing that I see a little difference is that every house on the street is occupied and they are all year round residences. About 50% owner occupied the rest are renters.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkev View Post
i posed the question to my dad and he says .. Does not appear to be as busy this year as last. The only thing that I see a little difference is that every house on the street is occupied and they are all year round residences. About 50% owner occupied the rest are renters.
Well that's weird. Of course, different street. Last year, my MIL rented on Bayshore. About half the houses were occupied. It looked like snowbird homes but they didn't show up. Of course, she was renting from someone that ultimately lost their house, so who knows. But I thought Cape Coral and Fort Myers were dead last year in March.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:58 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,999,466 times
I don't know about the overall numbers, but the ones that ARE here are spending money. My friends who own retail shops are doing much better than in past recent years and traffic through our model homes has been up. All the local restaurants are packed.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:59 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,543,117 times
I experienced my first Florida grid lock today. Although, if I had thought about it in advance, it was totally predictable. I headed off Marco Island just before noon on this rainy day. With the bridge construction, regular lunch time traffic and all the people not at the beach but shopping, it took quite a while to cross the bridge. Kind of like home (the Jersey shore) on a rainy day in the summertime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area