Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2011, 06:13 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,784 times

Advertisements

Well that is not going to happen here for a while.
People have been trying to make it seem like it's getting better, and posting all kinds of bilge, the facts on the ground are a different story.

Kinda funny when they say it's the second best place to retire, and it's number 73 in poverty out of the whole nation, I am waiting to see but it is ugly out there

"Cape poverty on the rise"
National study places city 73rd among metro areas

November 5, 2011

The Brookings Institute is reporting that concentrated poverty is on the rise in Cape Coral, one of 100 metro areas studied by the Washington D.C. based think-tank.

Cape poverty on the rise - cape-coral-daily-breeze.com | News, sports, community info. - Cape Coral Daily Breeze

Old 11-06-2011, 07:13 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
So about 89% of folks are working in SW Florida. That is not counting the many retired folks on pensions and social security. Yes things are bad but the influx of baby boomers can still have a positive effect on home prices and their spending can help to increase employment. And prices in this area are rising despite what other areas of the country may be doing.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:51 AM

782 posts, read 1,087,209 times
Poverty is rising in many areas. But, here, it will be offset by a rising tide of retired folks coming with cash in hand.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:41 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,091,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
Well that is not going to happen here for a while.
People have been trying to make it seem like it's getting better, and posting all kinds of bilge, the facts on the ground are a different story.

Kinda funny when they say it's the second best place to retire, and it's number 73 in poverty out of the whole nation, I am waiting to see but it is ugly out there

"Cape poverty on the rise"
National study places city 73rd among metro areas

November 5, 2011

The Brookings Institute is reporting that concentrated poverty is on the rise in Cape Coral, one of 100 metro areas studied by the Washington D.C. based think-tank.

Cape poverty on the rise - cape-coral-daily-breeze.com | News, sports, community info. - Cape Coral Daily Breeze
you said 73 in poverty out of the whole nation.... once again you take an article and twist it to say something that it isn't... the article said 73 out of 100 studied. Do you think there might be a difference???

good thing that cape coral was also studied to be the most affordable place to live.. also why it was voted 2nd best to retire.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:31 PM

782 posts, read 1,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
A recent study show otherwise. Most people that retire will stay put and keep the homes they have. Some will stay and downsize. Some will move to be closer to family. Some will move to warmer climate. But most plan to stay where they are and where the family and friends are, that has always been the problem with some of the people that move to FL. They come and then they have no family no friends, they are too set in their ways to make new one's and many leave and go back were they came from.
We will see how it will turn out.
But as I said before Don't count them chickens till they hatch.
A recent study huh? You have a link?

At least half of all the folks I know that are over 50 plan to head south, away from the snow. Even if just 1/4 of all boomers move south - that would be quiet an influencing trend.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
A recent study huh? You have a link?

At least half of all the folks I know that are over 50 plan to head south, away from the snow. Even if just 1/4 of all boomers move south - that would be quiet an influencing trend.
I posted the article some pages back. All you have to do is look for it.
And yes poverty is on the rise everywhere, and no CC is not going to benefit from it.
There are many better places for people with money to retire too, and there they will go. Cape Coral is not cutting it. That is the facts.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:33 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
I think it is time to end this thread. Equal can start a new one: "Why I hate Cape Coral but still live here".

Old 11-07-2011, 08:37 PM

964 posts, read 2,064,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I think it is time to end this thread. Equal can start a new one: "Why I hate Cape Coral but still live here".
Double like!

Old 11-07-2011, 09:01 PM

616 posts, read 1,564,475 times
In Lee County, from the second to the third quarter, the value of real estate owned by banks fell from $34.1 million to $32.9 million and the amount of non-accruing debt - on which borrowers have stopped paying - fell from $32.9 million to $30.9 million.

SW Fla. banks continue slow recovery | The News-Press | news-press.com

Old 11-08-2011, 09:03 AM

Mortgage payments show surprising rise in delinquencies

"The rate at which mortgage holders were late with their payments by 60 days or more rose in the June-to-September period for the first time since the last three months of 2009, according to TransUnion."

Mortgage delinquencies rise unexpectedly in Q3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area