Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 04:35 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times

Advertisements

Thanks, Wells. That motivated me to find the info. It's very good news.

Increased hiring — led by the hospitality industry — pushed Lee County’s unemployment rate to its lowest point in almost two years in February.

Unemployment also fell in Collier and Charlotte counties.

Lee’s unemployment rate fell to 11.7 percent, down from a revised rate of 12.7 percent in January and 12.7 percent a year ago, according to Florida’s Agency for Workforce Innovation.

Lee added 1,800 jobs.

Lee’s rate was last below 12 percent in May 2009.

Yes, it's hospitality but that's swFlorida. We never had high-paying manufacturing jobs or anything like that to begin with. And yes, the rate is still very high. But it is a start. It very well could be an indication that we have turned a corner and that is huge.

Hiring rallies in Southwest Florida | The News-Press | news-press.com

Old 03-26-2011, 07:11 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I know, I know there is no business here because the crazy rules forbidding trailers in your driveway!:smack :
You're not going to get out of it like that.
Major foot in mouth syndrome.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:27 PM

357 posts, read 783,479 times
SWFL is what it is... a touristy vacation destination. if people wanted more industry, then miami and fort lauderdale are not too far.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:12 PM

15 posts, read 19,672 times
I just bought a house in CC and I find that overall CC is very good. The numbers for foreclosures,short sales FSBO,etc. can easily be meant to be anything or nothing. For example I talked to the manager of a car dealership and I asked him how many cars he had in stock and he said 100. The next day I asked the same question and got the same answer(100). The next day same thing. This went on for 2 weeks, and then I that if you still have 100 cars you must not be selling anything. He said it's not the same 100 cars,they make new ones to replenish the stock. So the number does not always tell the truth or can be manipulated to whatever the wants. CC is recovering,and maybe quicker than you realize.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:41 PM

I tip my bonnet to the last two posts.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
You're not going to get out of it like that.
Major foot in mouth syndrome.
Are you kidding? That was a great line and well-deserved. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

And you still have conveniently not answered my question.

What crazy rules are stopping business, equal?

Don't spit out the party line without backing it up.

So, here's your words right back atcha, grammatically corrected.

You can't weasel your way out of the question.
You must have a major foot-in-mouth syndrome!

Old 03-28-2011, 07:57 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmypackers View Post
I just bought a house in CC and I find that overall CC is very good. The numbers for foreclosures,short sales FSBO,etc. can easily be meant to be anything or nothing. For example I talked to the manager of a car dealership and I asked him how many cars he had in stock and he said 100. The next day I asked the same question and got the same answer(100). The next day same thing. This went on for 2 weeks, and then I that if you still have 100 cars you must not be selling anything. He said it's not the same 100 cars,they make new ones to replenish the stock. So the number does not always tell the truth or can be manipulated to whatever the wants. CC is recovering,and maybe quicker than you realize.
I have never heard of a car dealership that get replacement cars for everyone they sell everyday. usually they get deliveries once or twice a week at the most. This story sounds just a little fishy to me.
But that just me

Old 03-28-2011, 10:17 AM

222 posts, read 473,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
I have never heard of a car dealership that get replacement cars for everyone they sell everyday. usually they get deliveries once or twice a week at the most. This story sounds just a little fishy to me.
But that just me
I think that it was just a story to illustrate a point

Old 03-28-2011, 10:26 AM

45 posts, read 93,458 times
I talked to my realtor yesterday, having a hard time selling my house in PA even as a short sale. My realtor has to get out of the business because she is not selling enough to pay for her realtor fees. She said housing will continue to fall in prices and does not see it getting better for a few years. Jobs are declining. The unemployment statistics do not give a true picture of how many people are out of work. Things will not get better until we have more jobs in USA. That is the bottom line.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:36 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,091,114 times
This is swfl not pennsylvania. There have been 32000 homes sold in this county in the last 2 yrs and that number doesn't include condos or vacant land. Swfl has been recovering despite all the things you mentioned and will only get better when the things you mentioned happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area