Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2011, 12:43 PM

68 posts, read 193,240 times

Advertisements

So we live in cape coral and have been to the yacht club beach and like the quiet times there but the water isnt so great, and it does get busy as well.

where else would be good for us and the little ones
need a quieter area for the kids to play

without the expensive ferries as well...

thanks
josh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 03:26 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,875,677 times
Bowditch beach is totally peaceful even on busy weekend days.....nice calm water and great for kids....trouble is,you have to pay to park and it's a bit of a walk......guess that's why it's peaceful,but no better place to pack a lunch and bring the kids.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:29 PM

146 posts, read 375,521 times
Fort Myers Beach or Sanibel - unfortunately you'll have bridge tolls & parking fees both places. Couple of bucks an hour for parking, another couple for the CC bridge, and 6 bucks to get onto Sanibel. (You must be newcomers to CC?)

Old 03-18-2011, 02:21 PM

68 posts, read 193,240 times
not new comer but
new permanent residence
ft myers and sanibel i knew of just thought there were more local spots or less known etc. thanks

Old 03-18-2011, 06:09 PM

325 posts, read 1,020,635 times
Default I like Bonita Beach

I realize that Bonita Beach is a distance for you but the beach is not that crowded even in season on gorgeous days I felt fortunate to find a parking space each time. It costs $2.00 an hour. If you feel it is too crowded right by parking, all you have to do is walk about a block or so down the beach and it is empty. They have vendors, restaurants and boat and such rentals available too. When our family comes to visit, that is where we are going. I hear Barefoot Beach is beautiful too, I believe $6.00 parking.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:45 PM

376 posts, read 911,161 times
I've probably mentioned this before but here goes ~ many families pay the $6 toll to Sanibel then park on one of the causeway beaches all day long. It is quite a deal when you consider the last pull off area before the C span has rest rooms on both sides plus there are grills and picnic tables. There might also be an outside shower.

It is common to see large family groups there with beach umbrellas, tents, floats, fishing gear, kayaks, and all sorts of beach gear, cooking on the grill, splashing in the surf and having a wonderful time.

The sunset from the right side, headed to Sanibel, is incredible.

Parking right by the beach is very convenient.

All that for $6 a day is great!

Old 03-18-2011, 10:38 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,343,504 times
Lover's Key State Park, great secluded beach for families. Also try Captiva beach. Great water and sand like Lighthouse beach in Sanibel minus the crowds.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:44 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinda View Post
I realize that Bonita Beach is a distance for you but the beach is not that crowded even in season on gorgeous days I felt fortunate to find a parking space each time. It costs $2.00 an hour. If you feel it is too crowded right by parking, all you have to do is walk about a block or so down the beach and it is empty. They have vendors, restaurants and boat and such rentals available too. When our family comes to visit, that is where we are going. I hear Barefoot Beach is beautiful too, I believe $6.00 parking.
It depends on what section of the Cape someone lives on, because it's such a large city. However, I lived very close to Barefoot Beach and it took me 45 minutes to drive up Bonita Beach Road to route 41 to Ft Myers, take a left on College and cross the Cape Coral Bridge and go north on Del Prado for a few miles. Sometimes I'd drive to Colonial and then go south on Del Prado. (I used to go to a doctor near Coralwood) Of course the time of day, the traffic and the season makes a big difference.

Barefoot Beach is very nice and there are bathrooms, changing rooms and showers. I always liked it better than Bonita Beach because it's quiet, very clean, and not too crowded, but the entrance fee is $6.

However, at $3.50 a gallon, a road trip to Bonita or Sanibel might be quite costly when you add on an entrance fee or a bridge toll.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:25 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
It depends on what section of the Cape someone lives on, because it's such a large city. However, I lived very close to Barefoot Beach and it took me 45 minutes to drive up Bonita Beach Road to route 41 to Ft Myers, take a left on College and cross the Cape Coral Bridge and go north on Del Prado for a few miles. Sometimes I'd drive to Colonial and then go south on Del Prado. (I used to go to a doctor near Coralwood) Of course the time of day, the traffic and the season makes a big difference.

Barefoot Beach is very nice and there are bathrooms, changing rooms and showers. I always liked it better than Bonita Beach because it's quiet, very clean, and not too crowded, but the entrance fee is $6.

However, at $3.50 a gallon, a road trip to Bonita or Sanibel might be quite costly when you add on an entrance fee or a bridge toll.
I think it is now $8.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:49 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,094,009 times
a little bit farther but siesta key in sarasota is a great beach, no tolls and as I remeber parking was free. The absolute best sand I have ever seen., No shells like sanibel has, so if you have kids that like to find stuff I would recommend bowmans beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area