Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 01:55 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,541,995 times

Advertisements

We have a condo to furnish in about a month. I know there are probably better and/or cheaper places to shop. But because of the on-line selection, the financing deals and the current offer of a flat screen TV with a bedroom or living package, I figured I would order from Rooms To Go. We will need both a living room and a bedroom set and will want TV's for both rooms anyway.

While the "TV" is not free, the difference in price of the package with or without the TV makes the cost of the TV less then 1/2 of what we could purchase them from anywhere (online or in a brick and mortar store). So needing (wanting) the TV's, it is a worthwhile deal.

The only problem is, as stated in the fine print, the TV's are delivered separately by Best Buy. No problem except I inquired as to when. I was told that after finalizing my purchase and setting up a furniture delivery date, Best Buy would contact us for the TV delivery within 14 weeks. 14 WEEKS!! That is over three months we would potentially be awaiting TV's to watch.

Anyway, since Rooms To Go is active in this area, has anyone on this thread purchased one of the packages with the TV from Rooms To Go? If so, what was your experience please??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 02:02 PM

OK, sorry. I just called the local store and was told 14 days, not 14 weeks.

Still would like to hear from anyone who ordered one of these packages. Thanks.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:16 PM

206 posts, read 449,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
OK, sorry. I just called the local store and was told 14 days, not 14 weeks.

Still would like to hear from anyone who ordered one of these packages. Thanks.
We just got a livingroom package with the TV. They call you within 14 days after the furniture delivery, which for us the furniture delivery was within a week. The furniture came in 2 deliveries and they don't give you a time frame just a day, so u have to plan on not leaving that day.
Some furniture takes a lot longer to get. Some items may not be available for as long as 2 - 3 months.
The TV was delivered by Fed Ex and we had to leave a note for them to call someone to let them in and they did whick was great.
The TV was easy to hook up too.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:16 PM

282 posts, read 1,008,636 times
We got a TV with furniture but they didn't deliver it until after all of the furniture is delivered, so if you have one piece not delivered they will not send the tv out until the final piece is delivered. Now, once our last piece arrived we got the tv in about 10 days.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:46 AM

455 posts, read 978,714 times
I was looking at prices of flat screens before Christmas. I was able to get a great one for my daughter's bedroom at Amazon for less than Black Friday prices. It was also delivered in only about 4 days.

DH is a carpenter/furniture maker and we don't really have much regard for Rooms to Go's stuff. Shoddy construction, etc. It might be ok for older people in a snowbird condo where it doesn't get much use. You get what you pay for.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstommy View Post
i was looking at prices of flat screens before christmas. I was able to get a great one for my daughter's bedroom at amazon for less than black friday prices. It was also delivered in only about 4 days.

Dh is a carpenter/furniture maker and we don't really have much regard for rooms to go's stuff. Shoddy construction, etc. It might be ok for older people in a snowbird condo where it doesn't get much use. You get what you pay for.
"dh"?

Old 01-25-2010, 10:23 AM

455 posts, read 978,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
"dh"?
what is DH is some posts....not a plant qustion....lol - House Plants Forum - GardenWeb

DH
On on-line discussion groups, abbreviation for "dear hubby." Less common: "dear husband," "dearest h*," "darling h*."

Often inexplicably used with an insult, usually cutesy: "my DH is a nice man, but ugly as a shaved kitten." Tends to be near emoticons, LOL and its various permutations, capitalisation-free text, and spelling errors.

Last edited by MrsTommy; 01-25-2010 at 10:40 AM..

Old 01-25-2010, 10:45 AM

Oh. I'm not a "texting" type person, so I don't know (and don't expect) a lot of those type shortcuts. Thought it was a furniture store I did not know about...... Thanks for the clarification.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:57 PM

206 posts, read 449,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTommy View Post
I was looking at prices of flat screens before Christmas. I was able to get a great one for my daughter's bedroom at Amazon for less than Black Friday prices. It was also delivered in only about 4 days.

DH is a carpenter/furniture maker and we don't really have much regard for Rooms to Go's stuff. Shoddy construction, etc. It might be ok for older people in a snowbird condo where it doesn't get much use. You get what you pay for.
I got a couch, 2 chairs, and an ottoman. Not the best quality, but unless you have kids I think it will hold up OK.

The coffee table and end tables seem quite substantial and we got a lovely rattan small dinette set that seems of good quality. Nothing wrong with the lamps either.

My dh has done a lot of carpentry too and he thought it was a great deal.

Again, you do get what you pay for of course, but it isn't junk.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby24 View Post
I got a couch, 2 chairs, and an ottoman. Not the best quality, but unless you have kids I think it will hold up OK.

The coffee table and end tables seem quite substantial and we got a lovely rattan small dinette set that seems of good quality. Nothing wrong with the lamps either.

My dh has done a lot of carpentry too and he thought it was a great deal.

Again, you do get what you pay for of course, but it isn't junk.

Sounds like the same set sitting in my "cart": Abaco 5 Pc Diningroom plus the Abaco Server. Glass top table.....

Our kids are grown (and on their own) and no grand children (yet), so as long as it fits, looks ok and is confortable, we are not expecting aireloom pieces.

We furnished our SC townhouse with "Roomstore" furniture which is probably about the same quality. We are satisfied with that purchase.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area