Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 03:41 PM

63 posts, read 149,940 times

Advertisements

I am going to be moving there in about a month, and am getting concerned about the bad reviews I've read. I visited there twice, once during the week, then once on the weekend, so I could get a good idea of who lives there. I didn't notice anything sketchy and I met a nice woman who moved in last fall, who really likes it there.

Does anyone know of this place and can reassure me that I'm making a smart decision?

-Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 04:49 PM

357 posts, read 783,545 times
I have never lived there, but I know someone that has (so I cant speak from personal experience). She had a lot of trouble with roaches and bugs in her apartment so make sure they fumigate the hell out of the place b/f you move in. Apparently the maintenace staff is not very quick to act on claims, so make sure you stay on top of your problems and push them. Also make sure they change out the locks. She had somone accidently open the door to her apartment. So two people in the same complex had the same locks and keys.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:14 PM

68 posts, read 203,490 times
Lisa, reading this may help make up your mind.
Gulfstream Isles Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Fort Myers apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com
Sometimes it is worth going there on a Saturday morning and if you notice someone who looks helpful explain that you are seeing if this development is for you. We have done this and you would be surprised how renters love to talk.
Does not always work though. We rented at a development that sounded great but we did not like it at all.
'One man's meat is another man's poison' I guess.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:58 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
I know a couple of ppl that live there..one loves it, the other hates it.

The one who loves it lives in the newer buildings...the ones over behind Sams and by the ballfield. The other lives in the older ones over by Barkley Drive. Neither one has an issue with bugs...and both say that the turn over rate on maintence ppl is high, as is the office staff..but that they do respond quickly to concerns.

The who loves it says her building is quiet and the few times that there were parties, the staff handled it quickly. The other says his building parties all the time and doesnt call because it won't do any good. He's to blame for not calling and complaining. The city of Fort Myers has a noise ordinance and will enforce it if you call them.

Both pay a decent rent for a 2 bedroom ( 1100 sft)....the one who loves it says she doesn't hear a thing from her shared walls..( the new buildings are concrete) the one who hates it complains about noise from the shared walls all the time.

If you choose them, ask to be in the newer buildings.

YOu can't beat the location..it's close to just about everything.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:54 AM

Tomno- Thank you for the information. Good to know about the bugs and the locks!

Zebra- That's exactly what I read and why I'm so skeptical. Some of the reviews are great, but then some are bad so I don't know what to believe, really. I did speak to a woman who's lived there since September and she hasn't had any issues. So I'm hoping I have the same experience.

Kim- We are actually in the newer building, in the 1100sq foot apartment, so hopefully we'll like it, too. We did hear that the older buildings aren't as great, so maybe that's where the complaints are coming from.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie1984 View Post
Tomno- Thank you for the information. Good to know about the bugs and the locks!

Zebra- That's exactly what I read and why I'm so skeptical. Some of the reviews are great, but then some are bad so I don't know what to believe, really. I did speak to a woman who's lived there since September and she hasn't had any issues. So I'm hoping I have the same experience.

Kim- We are actually in the newer building, in the 1100sq foot apartment, so hopefully we'll like it, too. We did hear that the older buildings aren't as great, so maybe that's where the complaints are coming from.

The older buildings are where the noise is coming from..the one of my friends who loves it, is facing the ball field..and she says its quiet there.

I find alot of those sites are full of angry ppl who got kicked out of apartments for various reasons and are just trying to stir up trouble. ::shrug:::

Old 04-12-2011, 10:50 AM

I agree. I feel the majority of the time people only go on there to complain. My apartment is right by the ballfields also! Tell her she'll have a new neighbor in a month!

Old 04-12-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie1984 View Post
I agree. I feel the majority of the time people only go on there to complain. My apartment is right by the ballfields also! Tell her she'll have a new neighbor in a month!

I will...lol I think you'll like it...come back with an update..and if you need any info on the area..pm me..I've lived here a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area