Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:34 AM

493 posts, read 1,386,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyCF View Post
+1 Small meat departments at Walmart, would like to see a bigger selection, better quality and not see ground beef in a tube.
Agreed, that is a problem with most WalMarts, kind of a disconnect from the normal old fashion grocery store to save money and reduce labor cost. Up in Michigan we have Meijer which has butcher services for all meat/fish/poultry and custom cut services as well. Does Publix have this option?

Last edited by Foxrivman1; 04-14-2011 at 07:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 09:25 AM

646 posts, read 1,642,101 times
Publix does have that. My husband is a cook and prefers publix meat selection.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:24 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
I use to work in the seafood/meat department at Publix and yes, they will custom cut.

Believe it or not, ten years ago there were butchers at Walmart. You may not have seen them but they were there. In 2000, I worked at the pharmacy on Six Mile Cypress after just having our daughter. I was hired the same day as a butcher that was coming from Winn Dixie.

Now everything is pre-packaged and sent from Bentonville. It's scary to think that meat sits on trucks for as long as it does. Publix has a rule that the meat can't be on the truck for a certain time or it is tossed. However, recently the meat at Walmart has been the best quality out of the five stores that I frequent. It still can't beat Fresh Market or Earth Fare but that's not in the cards for me at this time.

I use self-checkouts a lot, I'll admit. They have them at the Super Centers at the Walmarts up here, as well as other grocery stores. However, I do realize that they are taking away a job or jobs from someone else and for that I am quite sad.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:58 AM

Default Self Checkouts

Hik, there are several WalMarts by us that have taken out the self check regsiters due to high theft rates. People would check 1 out of 2 items then pay for what was checked only. Sick but true, in most cases the cashier in charge was not able to see what had happened. This was a new Supercenter. It lasted about 3-4 months then they were pulled out and replaced with real people. Well, at least when they had all the registers on!

Old 04-16-2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrivman1 View Post
Hik, there are several WalMarts by us that have taken out the self check regsiters due to high theft rates. People would check 1 out of 2 items then pay for what was checked only. Sick but true, in most cases the cashier in charge was not able to see what had happened. This was a new Supercenter. It lasted about 3-4 months then they were pulled out and replaced with real people. Well, at least when they had all the registers on!
Wow. They don't have that kind of problem around here. Amazing.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:41 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,018,824 times
I'd like to see Wal Mart managers actually pay attention to how their employees are dressed. They do not look professional and therefore, in my opinion, do not act professional. I hate Wal Mart. You have to hunt their employees down, and when you do find one, they barely speak english and can't understand a word you're saying.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:29 AM

Default WalMart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
I'd like to see Wal Mart managers actually pay attention to how their employees are dressed. They do not look professional and therefore, in my opinion, do not act professional. I hate Wal Mart. You have to hunt their employees down, and when you do find one, they barely speak english and can't understand a word you're saying.
Since the primary question was about specific locations, which WalMart are you referring to in your post for Cape Coral area?

Old 04-16-2011, 10:39 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,018,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrivman1 View Post
Since the primary question was about specific locations, which WalMart are you referring to in your post for Cape Coral area?
Since you're being picky...head to the Super Center on Del Prado. Sadly this is an issue at all WM locations..not just Cape Coral

Old 04-16-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Since you're being picky...head to the Super Center on Del Prado. Sadly this is an issue at all WM locations..not just Cape Coral
Kim in FL, the new dress code for WalMart is dark brown Kacki's and Dark Blue navy colored blouses for women and navy colored polos or equivalent for men.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Do you mean in Florida? SwFlorida? Lee County?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area