Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 04:06 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times

Advertisements

In a different thread,

Quote:
Parts of the NW (west of burnt store rd) has gulf access. This access is completely different from the SW and SE. It goes out through Matlacha Pass and up to Charlotte Harbour. The SE and SW are more geared to boating and the NW is geared more towards fishing. If you were in the SE all these things would be within a mile.
we've been looking at some condos on Beach Pkwy, harbor point, tarpon point, and the landings. Also liked at FM and North FM. None are tripping our trigger.

When I read the above post, I thought we should look into this area. We are more into inshore fishing versus boating and don't take our boat for deep water fishing. Not fresh water canals. Looking for newer condo (2005 or newer if possible, lo or hi rise, boat slips nearby. Canal property would be ideal.

Does such an animal exist? (we may also look at Sarasota, but I'm betting the prices will be way higher.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 08:59 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,089,107 times
The animal you seek is burnt store marina, not sure if it's punta gorda or unicorporated lee county. Check it out I think you will be very impressed, not too far from publix home depot walmart and fishermans village in punta gorda

Old 04-16-2011, 09:08 AM

Thank you - there are some properties that had Chinese Drywall there, correct? But not ALL?

Old 04-16-2011, 06:50 PM

I am not aware of those particular condos yea or nay, but it is an excellent development and is worth a little trip to check out, my dad tells me the resturaunt there is preety good

Old 04-16-2011, 06:57 PM

244 posts, read 487,398 times
burnstore marina would be great for you. It offers a lot. They don't have a major problem with Chinese Drywall either. HOwever I would have an inspection done, just to be sure. I am sure you will like Burnstore Marina a lot.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:17 PM

thanks. we are going to take a drive to burnt store marina and tho Punta Gorda tomorrow. I now realize that they are really in a different forum (sarasota/braedenton). Sorry my my geographic ignorance!

I tried to add rep points for both of you - evidently, I've already filled my quota of kudos for both of you. Let me say that I much appreciate the advice and time and help you - and other - have provided.I

Old 04-16-2011, 09:07 PM

Another thing is punta gorda has an airport that you may find flys close to your home. I fly directair from worcester mass and it usually runs about 160 round trip

Old 04-17-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkev View Post
Another thing is punta gorda has an airport that you may find flys close to your home. I fly directair from worcester mass and it usually runs about 160 round trip
I didn't know that, but the two airlines (visionair and directair) don't go west of Springfield, IL. As I'm in Arizona, that doesn't help right now - but good to know for the future!

Added: Allegiant Airlines has added Punta Gorda to it's routes, but only for about 5 cities. Hopefully, more to come!

Old 04-17-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkev View Post
The animal you seek is burnt store marina, not sure if it's punta gorda or unicorporated lee county. Check it out I think you will be very impressed, not too far from publix home depot walmart and fishermans village in punta gorda
Drove up there today, and I think our definitions of "not too far from" are quite different. Having to drive ten miles to go out to dinner or to a bar (except the restaurant that exists in the Burnt Store Marina planned housing area) is not for us. I will say that the place was immaculately kept, beautifully landscaped and the condo's and homes looked quite nice.

We did, however, rather like Punta Gorda - much more to do around the local area.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:54 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I didn't know that, but the two airlines (visionair and directair) don't go west of Springfield, IL. As I'm in Arizona, that doesn't help right now - but good to know for the future!

Added: Allegiant Airlines has added Punta Gorda to it's routes, but only for about 5 cities. Hopefully, more to come!
Fortunately, one of the cities is Knoxville. However, because I am too chicken to fly we have to drive. I like to take my dog with me, anyway. He loves to visit grandma's dog. They are besties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Drove up there today, and I think our definitions of "not too far from" are quite different. Having to drive ten miles to go out to dinner or to a bar (except the restaurant that exists in the Burnt Store Marina planned housing area) is not for us. I will say that the place was immaculately kept, beautifully landscaped and the condo's and homes looked quite nice.

We did, however, rather like Punta Gorda - much more to do around the local area.
That's the thing about forums. We all have different perspectives. I love the Burnt Store area and other people think it's a trek to anywhere.

That's like NW Cape Coral. I like the desolation and deals but so many people think it looks like it's on the face of the moon and too far of a drive to and from most places. They also think the looming assessments make it not that great of a deal.

Different opinions make the world go around and it's great that we are so willing to help you all - over and over again, sometimes for years - but ultimately paradise is in the eye of the beholder.

We try, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area