Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 08:28 PM

222 posts, read 473,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cviz View Post
London Guy,

With CenturyLink you can place your service in Vacation mode and charge is only $10 per month. You can do it as often as you like throughout the year. Just need to give them 48 hr notice.
Ten bucks a month for something you ain't using doesn't sound like much of a bargain to me!

Phone/Internet/TV is a total rip-off in the US. A major opportunity for a global media tycoon methinks

Calling Mr. Murdoch..............................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 05:09 PM

45 posts, read 118,397 times
Comcast offers an off season shutdown rate also. You can shut down twice during a year for a total of eight months. The rate varies with what services you have but it's 6 to 8 dollars per service. I have TV and cable only so it is 14.00/month. It is easier than shutting it off and paying to setup again. You can also get a reduced rate for the phone if you are just using it for a home monitoring service.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:27 PM

646 posts, read 1,642,101 times
I think I jinx'd myself, tv burned out two days ago!!! LMAO
Thankfully I got a service plan. We are now crowded around a 22". It's so small I can't find any channels on the guide.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:36 PM

45 posts, read 118,397 times
AS of this year Comcast only allows going on Seasonal Mode once per year. You must still be on a minimum of four months to include Dec 15th thru the following Mar 15th. You can shut down all of the other months.

Comcast Florida Markets new link to the site. You also have to call in to make changes as they shut down the ability to make changes at the site. You can only sign up to begin the shutdown period at the site.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:36 AM

205 posts, read 421,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRESI View Post
If you live in SW FL (Cape Coral, to be exact), who do you recommend for Cable, Internet and Phone? What are you currently paying?

I pay $149/mth for Comcast's triple play + HD + Movie and Sports package.....

Has anyone tried MagicJack? I read reviews, and I have to say, $19.95/yr sounds pretty awesome.

I have buyers ask me all the time, I give them a list of providers, but only have first hand knowlegde of Comcast.

Any opinion or advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks in Advance guys!

I have had Magic Jack for 2 yrs its a killer deal

For movies you can get Dish Network and get a better deal, shop Direct TV too, they are always running specials.

You will still need Comcast for high speed interenet

Old 08-23-2012, 10:44 AM

205 posts, read 421,879 times
Default Be sure to read this

Be sure to read this

//www.city-data.com/forum/fort-...v-comcast.html

Your a sweetheart with such a good attitude, GOOD LUCK Tim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area