Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 02:33 PM

111 posts, read 287,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Guy View Post
But we still have to pay taxes.

No taxation without representation - kinda has a ring to it.

As Americans, we have pretty much been living under a form of taxation without representation- thats why we have a 'tea party organization". Read my post-

All in all I don't see any problem with paying for infrastructure the is available at your property- whether you use it or not. Its like paying taxes for schools when you have no children or jails when your not an inmate- Its a public benefit shared by all.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 07:05 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW_Pirate View Post
As Americans, we have pretty much been living under a form of taxation without representation- thats why we have a 'tea party organization". Read my post-

All in all I don't see any problem with paying for infrastructure the is available at your property- whether you use it or not. Its like paying taxes for schools when you have no children or jails when your not an inmate- Its a public benefit shared by all.

Except that this is a FL thingy, my other property when I do not use the water then I don't get a bill, the city there does not own the water company. This is all wrong and I am surprised because your statement goes against what the Tea Party stands for.
One of the fundamental believes of the tea party is that people should not be forced to buy a product. Selling water is just an other commodity.
And the city should not be in the water business, all you have to dois look at the result and there is your proof.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:49 PM

616 posts, read 1,564,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
Except that this is a FL thingy, my other property when I do not use the water then I don't get a bill, the city there does not own the water company. This is all wrong and I am surprised because your statement goes against what the Tea Party stands for.
One of the fundamental believes of the tea party is that people should not be forced to buy a product. Selling water is just an other commodity.
And the city should not be in the water business, all you have to dois look at the result and there is your proof.
It's not a FL thingy. Every city I've lived in Ohio has their own water and sewage.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:04 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,984 times
For what we pay for water I just wish that I could drink it. Does anyone drink the water with a filter or something. I am sick of buying and lugging bottled water. Water in most restaurants is good. I guess they use bottled water too. I'm surprised that water from a desalination plant doesn't taste better.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:55 PM

111 posts, read 287,241 times
Cape Coral does not have desalinization, they have RO- reverse Osmosis filtration of ground-well water. I filter it with my Refrig filter system and chill the city water to reduce the chlorine smell and taste

Old 06-03-2011, 05:23 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone

Posted by stahltkd
It's not a FL thingy. Every city I've lived in Ohio has their own water and sewage.

I think he was referring to not paying if you are not using the service.

Anybody got Lee county rates, not just Cape Coral City? That is a steep rate.

I truly am amazed at all the mismanagement, fraud or whatever, I see in FL. Obviously, it isn't just FL, but there is some wild stuff in FL.

"While the cats away, I guess."

Found these 2 articles. Lee County (5000 gal usg) is supposedly something like 9$ cheaper than collier , which said it was about 81. (6000 gal usg)
GG thing is a mess.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20...-proposed-plan

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/...st-fl/?print=1

Last edited by CDusr; 06-03-2011 at 05:59 PM..

Old 06-04-2011, 05:52 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW_Pirate View Post
Cape Coral does not have desalinization, they have RO- reverse Osmosis filtration of ground-well water.
Reverse osmosis is desalinization.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:25 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,506 times
maybe they should use this process.
http://www.lbwater.org/pdf/desal_lbmethod.pdf (broken link)

Old 06-04-2011, 05:53 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Here's a letter on this subject posted in the Cape Coral Breeze today that you might find interesting.

[URL="http://www.cape-coral-daily-breeze.com/page/content.detail/id/524802.html?nav=5008"]Guest opinion: Some history and facts concerning the Cape[/URL]

"The entire history surrounding our role in the City's program to construct a sustainable system to provide clean drinking water to the Citizens of Cape Coral is available in City Council meeting minutes and detailed in City Council votes and decisions. Some folks in Cape Coral are spending valuable City resources attempting to blame Cape Coral's current financial woes on decisions that made sense at the time, ignoring the massive change in the economy that has impacted many cities, including Cape Coral. It's time to stop rewriting history. We've cleared the water, and now it's time to start moving forward."

Old 06-06-2011, 01:08 PM

964 posts, read 2,064,231 times
Thanks, Nancy. Makes sense to me.

Anyone who thinks that water via wells in SWFL is an unlimited resource needs to get educated. If you don't like the cold, hard facts, go live in an unincorporated area somewhere. They allow cargo trailers in driveways in those areas, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Here's a letter on this subject posted in the Cape Coral Breeze today that you might find interesting.

Guest opinion: Some history and facts concerning the Cape

"The entire history surrounding our role in the City's program to construct a sustainable system to provide clean drinking water to the Citizens of Cape Coral is available in City Council meeting minutes and detailed in City Council votes and decisions. Some folks in Cape Coral are spending valuable City resources attempting to blame Cape Coral's current financial woes on decisions that made sense at the time, ignoring the massive change in the economy that has impacted many cities, including Cape Coral. It's time to stop rewriting history. We've cleared the water, and now it's time to start moving forward."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area