Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 02:03 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,548,914 times

Advertisements

Our water bill in Charlotte County (Port Charlotte) averages $50 to $60 per month. We have two people living in the home. We were running the sprinkler system on a 24,000 sq ft lot once a week, we both take showers once a day, we wash 3 vehicles at least every other week and we sometimes have to add water to to the pool, but not lately. We also run the diswasher 2 times per week and do 3 loads of laundry per week. Last year our bills were averaging $35 per month, so I am not sure if they raised the rates or we are just using more water since we got a pool. And we did have a pool leak which has since been fixed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 06:19 AM

493 posts, read 1,386,556 times
Default Water info

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
Our water bill in Charlotte County (Port Charlotte) averages $50 to $60 per month. We have two people living in the home. We were running the sprinkler system on a 24,000 sq ft lot once a week, we both take showers once a day, we wash 3 vehicles at least every other week and we sometimes have to add water to to the pool, but not lately. We also run the diswasher 2 times per week and do 3 loads of laundry per week. Last year our bills were averaging $35 per month, so I am not sure if they raised the rates or we are just using more water since we got a pool. And we did have a pool leak which has since been fixed.
Thanks for the info TamRE, I'm of the opinion that 50-60 dollars a month is not too bad.
If your bill went up recently you may not realize it but if your pool has an automatic fill function, any raise could be do to the pool, they evaporate and use water consistently. We had a very large above ground pool, and were constantly adding water to it every other week in the summer months.

We are in the same category as you with your usage, as both of our boys have let home and are currently serving in the Navy.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:27 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,728,615 times
Never drink or cook with the city water around here. Go to Sweetbay for the best deal on gallon of distilled water.....$.79 per. Best and cleanest drinking water, and coffee brewing there is.....IMHO.

YC.......

Old 07-14-2011, 08:28 AM

646 posts, read 1,642,101 times
Two Beach:
Ok let's talk H20!!! I know there is city water out of the faucet, do you drink it? OR ,,,Do you drink it once its filtered in the Fridge / Ice Maker? I don't drink tap water, well or city. I like bottled water. I do eat the ice from our icemaker. I'm on City water.
City Water> Do you use a softener? I showered w/ it and after like 3 weeks, my hair was like straw !! And what is this doing to the Laundry? No softner, I shower with it and my hair is super healthy! My clothes are fine. Clean. Not damaged.
Water from the hose , drinking it is a no no,,isn't it ,,,recycled water???? But dont you use this to fill up ya pool? Water from the house, from your spicket is fine to drink. It is the water from the purple box by the yard, the nonpotable water that is POO water. Or Recycled water as some would call it. Do not use this water if you plan to have a garden. Plan your garden away from sprinkler heads.

Well Water, never been a fan, no no to drink,,,,,,I imagine you need a softener and water filter system for this to even consider drinking,,or never drink this,,, I guess I need a water delievery service,,,,,Also this is used to fill the pool with no problems, from the well that is?Well water, get a R/O system installed. Call Water Medic, they are a good reputable company here. Fill the pool, as in "top it off", not to "fill" from scratch. You will probably run the well dry.

What are we drinking when we go out to eat down there?? Water is mixed with all the soda canisters and when water is on ya table weres it comming from? I usually order ice tea. Now, I eat out frequently, and the only place I can't drink anything but soda is Perkins on CCpkwy.

Lastly>>Whats up with the Dryer Vent issues? Maintence? Just trying to prepare for my new enviorment,,thank you folks!! What dryer vent issues?
As for city water bills, mine was WICKED in May $178, June $103(stopped watering veggies by hand, thanks to mother nature). That is for a family of 5. We stay clean and do laundry daily.

You can also check out :
http://capeims.capecoral.net/freeance/client/publicaccess1/index.html?appconfig=capeims
For City water/sewer/irrigation payoff amounts. All you will need is the address to the home

Hope this helps!

Old 07-14-2011, 07:37 PM

196 posts, read 504,475 times
Wow, thank for the Education,,,its going to take some time and advice from all you wonderful folks to get acclamated {sp?} to the Differances we are used to. And I do believe,, I am about to become a neighbor! I think I finally sold my home! YEA! I will run a thread on the dryer vent thing,,ck it out!

Old 07-15-2011, 09:51 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,984 times
CC:
Cape Coral says you can use the recycled water on fruits and vegetables that will be peeled or cooked. It seems gross but farmers use manure as fertilizer for crops.
http://www.capecoral.net/Portals/0/S...Rev4-20-04.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area