Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 02:14 PM

225 posts, read 494,177 times

Advertisements

Realtors say with inventory quickly being bought up, you can expect to see prices go up soon as well.

Survey: Cape Coral #1 in U.S. for economic turnaround
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 02:17 PM

225 posts, read 494,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
The Germans are the most frugal people on the planet
According to who? And don't say it's a known fact. Show me some proof.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:47 PM

98 posts, read 368,864 times
Quote:
The Germans are the most frugal people on the planet, they don't send a lot. So don't expect a lot of money to flow in to the local economy. Second the Germans have benefited more then any other country by the Euro they are not going to drop out of the Euro. Un less the whole thing collapses.

Sounds like great news for Cape Coral real estate if the "most frugal people on the planet" are buying homes here. Says alot about the quality they see in an investment in Cape Coral homes/property.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:04 AM

39 posts, read 74,123 times
[quote=freddyCF;22646548]Realtors say /quote]

And Realtors are supposed to be a good source of information about the real estate market? Did you happen to notice just how totally skewed (of course always to the positive side) the NAR's figures have been over the years? It has been my experience Realtors are some of the most ill informed people concerning market direction or of construction details. These folks know little to nothing of the product they sell, they are there to sell and facilitate the process. There is nothing wrong with what they do, but looking to them for realistic assessments of the market is bordering on lunacy. Did any Realtor warn of the bubble?

I was a salesman for 30 years. I can honestly say, during that 30 years, there was never a bad time to buy my product. I buy and sell my real estate through agents and have no problem with what they do. But, it is the buyers and sellers responsibility to educate and inform themselves. One last comparison: Have you ever heard of anyone going into a restaurant and having anyone tell them they really shouldn't be eating as much as they do? Of course not, that is not their job. Their job is to prepare and sell food, at a profit. Same goes for Realtors, use them for what they are for.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:11 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Shorts sales are getting popular with banks because they have too many foreclosures on the books and can't move them off -probably in really bad shape. Short sales don't hit the books and they are worked out between the bank and seller.

The resales are houses that include the houses bought at a good price and investors slap some paint and put down new carpeting and selling them for profit which also raises the average housevalue up . The flips are creating the bounce in a higher priced home and bringing up the median values.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:18 AM

782 posts, read 1,087,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyCF View Post
That should keep equal distracted for a while.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:44 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,350,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott26 View Post
Sounds like great news for Cape Coral real estate if the "most frugal people on the planet" are buying homes here. Says alot about the quality they see in an investment in Cape Coral homes/property.
Only while prices are cheap. And the are going to get that way again.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:46 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,335,790 times
Quote:
Only while prices are cheap. And the are going to get that way again.
Prices are rising. Equal is spreading misinformation for what reason I do not know.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:48 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,350,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyCF View Post
Living there for 21 yrs. is that enough, In Bavaria, Germany,

Oh and by the way you are not going to sell them a drainage ditch that you call the Amazon, just though you should know.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:40 AM

964 posts, read 2,065,008 times
Quote:
Living there for 21 yrs. is that enough, In Bavaria, Germany,

Oh and by the way you are not going to sell them a drainage ditch that you call the Amazon, just though you should know.
Why not? Somebody sold you that lot you can't get rid of since it's in the middle of nowhere.

Aside from an overall law abiding persona, no German would think for a minute that keeping a cargo trailer in his/her driveway is acceptable use. Even if it wasn't law in Cape Coral, Germans have such a high appreciation for aesthetics and orderliness that it would be against every molecule in their genetic makeup.

Pretending you are a German is yet another mistruth that is similar to your other posts that are designed to inflame those who are here to assist and immorally influence folks coming to this site for genuine information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area