Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 12:41 PM

2 posts, read 5,845 times

Advertisements

Our family is thinking of staying in Fort Myers for a month over Christmas-New Years this year. One location that looked intriguing to us is "The Springs" Condos located at Constitution Blvd & Hwy. 41. However, the price is is much lower than anywhere else. I'd like to know if anyone could give us some insight on this area. Is it a desirable or undesirable area of Fort Myers?

Thanks,
Tilzhere@yahoo.ca

Last edited by Bev Licastro; 09-05-2007 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: Name Change
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 01:01 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,508,743 times
It is one of the safer areas of Fort Myers.

I would be a quite hesitant of staying on anything directly off of 41 though. It is a VERY busy road & most things directly off 41 are run down & sort of cheap looking.

With that location, you will have a litle bit of a hike to get to restuarants, stores & Sanibel, especially since you will be down here during peak season.

But, you are looking in the right area. I would just keep researching. Bonita Springs & Estero are nice. Also, a lot of areas around Daniels & Galidous in Fort Myers [sorry, wrong spelling] are safe & decent. Will be pricey though.

Stay away from anything in north Fort Myers and north of Daniels Parkway. That is when things start to get bad.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,845 times
Thanks for your help. I'll keep looking.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:24 PM

108 posts, read 376,147 times
Default The Springs

Bev:

If its The Springs "condos" that I think you are referring to, it is NOT a condo community. It is a Best Western hotel. And not a very modern one at that. The outdoor tiki type bar behind the hotel is a popular local hangout. Which, if you like that sort of thing is fine. But there always seems to be a lot of cars in the lot and people milling around the bar area. The natural sulfur springs on the hotel's ground are dirty and unattractive. Or at least they were the one time I stopped by to see what it was all about.

If a hotel is advertising a cheap rate during "season" (i.e. winter) there is a good reason for it. Also, if you stay in this area, know that you are a minimum 45 minute drive to the closest beach during season.

There are so many places to stay in southwest Florida. Investigate other alternatives.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:28 PM

108 posts, read 376,147 times
Default The Springs Condos

Hi again Bev:

Just so happens I had the need to drive by the area of the condos you are asking about. There is a row of, well, OK, we'll call them condos, located sort of behind the Best Western Springs I described.

My opinion hasn't changed: If you spot a cheap price for lodging during season, there has to be a reason. I would steer you toward other lodging choices. I don't believe that you would be satisfied with The Springs.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:04 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,488,749 times
Have you tried more on Ft. Myers Beach, you'll have a blast there, there's a boardwalk with local performers nightly, music on the beach, a strip of shops, resturants , you're closer to Sanibel and you can see beautiful sunsets. Try more of like the Lani Kai or smaller motels on Ft. Myers Beach. If thats your thing

Old 09-05-2007, 06:15 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,904,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
Have you tried more on Ft. Myers Beach, you'll have a blast there, there's a boardwalk with local performers nightly, music on the beach, a strip of shops, resturants , you're closer to Sanibel and you can see beautiful sunsets. Try more of like the Lani Kai or smaller motels on Ft. Myers Beach. If thats your thing
I don't think Fort Myers Beach has a boardwalk. It has sidewalks.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:37 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,488,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
I don't think Fort Myers Beach has a boardwalk. It has sidewalks.
It has a pier, we always called it the boardwalk

Old 11-22-2007, 07:34 AM

172 posts, read 945,521 times
Constitution Blvd. is wayyyy south. It'd be a good area if you were looking into going to Naples and Estero a lot. I'd look into downtown Fort Myers or Fort Myers Beach. You could also look into North Fort Myers because it's not all bad. Check off Hancock Blvd or N. Key Dr. area because it's super close to the free Fort Myers bridge.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:48 AM

144 posts, read 824,538 times
Why Fort Myers? Yuck that's all I have to say and I lived in that area from 1976-2000...couldn't get out fast enough and there's not enough money in the world to get me back there. That place ( Cape and Fort Myers) is HELL on earth. Head to Miami....get on a plane to Mo Bay Jamaica and stay there a month....better beaches...better food..better people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area