Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 01:11 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,784 times

Advertisements

" but not for swimming"
You gotta love it the dingdongs at city hall did it again.
Cape Coma now has a wonderful public beach, they spent a lot of money and you can't swim there.
No one told the dingdongs that People go to the beach to swim, But somehow Cape Coma's City council missed that one.
As they say "You can't make this kind of up.
This is too good, ROTFLMAO
Cape celebrates opening of new beach - cape-coral-daily-breeze.com | News, sports, community info. - Cape Coral Daily Breeze
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 01:54 PM

693 posts, read 2,012,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
" but not for swimming"
You gotta love it the dingdongs at city hall did it again.
Cape Coma now has a wonderful public beach, they spent a lot of money and you can't swim there.
No one told the dingdongs that People go to the beach to swim, But somehow Cape Coma's City council missed that one.
As they say "You can't make this kind of up.
This is too good, ROTFLMAO
Cape celebrates opening of new beach - cape-coral-daily-breeze.com | News, sports, community info. - Cape Coral Daily Breeze

Unfortunately this exact conversation was had like 2 months ago, guess you missed that one! A lot of people go to the beach to do other things other than swim. I was at Bowman's Beach on Sanibel on Wednesday, there were probably over 1000 people on the beach, with maybe 10 actually in the water. There are MANY other things to do at the beach other than swim, guess you missed that one too!

Old 03-09-2012, 02:17 PM

518 posts, read 1,231,439 times
I go to the beach a lot. But its been 40 years since I went swimming in anything but a pool. I even owned a beachfront condo in Brazil and only watched the kite surfers from the shore while shelling. I think a lot of people just like to lay in the sand have a drink and watch there kids have fun. I do hope they put in docks on the far right side by the high rise and add some shops some where. They did what they could with such a small amount of money these days. 41,000 doesn't go far these days of 4.00 diesel gas to haul sand.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:32 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
They are calling it South Cape Beach even though it is North of the Yacht Club Beach. Anyway I propose changing the name of the park to "South Cape Beach Park" or "South Cape Park" to bring attention to the new redevelopment of the downtown and to take the politics out of the current name.

Last edited by rikoshaprl; 03-09-2012 at 02:51 PM..

Old 03-09-2012, 02:51 PM

That sounds good. I second it. But I doubt they will listen to any of us.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:56 PM

140 posts, read 400,030 times
no swimming? really? why?

Old 03-09-2012, 03:19 PM

Don't know because the water test came back fine. I live on this canal area and people swim in it all the time. From the tv show last night I still see a lot of rocks off to the right side. So maybe they didn't clean the area in the water very good. That area was very rocky in the water near the shore line.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:07 PM

964 posts, read 2,064,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
They are calling it South Cape Beach even though it is North of the Yacht Club Beach. Anyway I propose changing the name of the park to "South Cape Beach Park" or "South Cape Park" to bring attention to the new redevelopment of the downtown and to take the politics out of the current name.
I just repped you but don't know how to tell you I did it.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:35 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Why not just call it South Park?

Old 03-09-2012, 07:14 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck12020123 View Post
no swimming? really? why?
It is a boat thorough fare.
You mite as well go swimming in the local marina.
You can see what boat propelers do to manatee's, Now are you really going to go swim there.
Total waste of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area