Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 01:45 PM

71 posts, read 105,280 times

Advertisements

Without jokes, life would be way too serious, i have also a nice one.
You need an empty cup of coffee, be sure it is without coffee (guys it's really hard to explain when my english lacks)
Ok, then we need a teaspoon and the small dinner plate that we always place under the cup.

So, with the empty cup on the plate you take the teaspoon and do the back of the teaspoon through the handle of the cup.
I hope you all still follow a bit. Take this all in your hand, be sure the handle is strong enough to hold the falling cup,
and be sure that you don't release the teaspoon.
With everything in your hands, it must appear like you have taken your cup of coffee to give it to someone else, who is sitting
down by the table for example. (Because you are holding the back of the teaspoon blocked in your hand, there is no danger
that the empty cup will fall on the ground.) Try to act like your are falling and that the cup will fall.
People will scary jump away because they don't want coffee on their clothes.
But since their is no coffee in the falling cup, (which also can not fall on the ground because the cup will be blocked
by the spoon) you fooled one really hard!

You and everybody will laugh really hard, because the one who thought that he should have been full of coffee will
jumping away really hard.

I hope you get it, because for me it is not that easy to explain it in English, in case of questions don't hesitate to ask them.

Since this is not the right thread then try to do it when you came back from the beach after searching seashells... ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 04:55 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet84 View Post

I hope you get it, because for me it is not that easy to explain it in English, in case of questions don't hesitate to ask them.

Since this is not the right thread then try to do it when you came back from the beach after searching seashells... ;-)
I agree. We all need humor, as long as it isn't offensive or hurtful. FYI .. We usually call what you described a practical joke or prank. By the way, just so you know, the smaller dinner plate you're referring to is called a saucer.

When I was a kid there was a joke shop in Boston called Jack's Joke shop and they sold everything from fake dog poo to whoopee cushions, which is a seat cushion that sounds exactly like gas being passed.

Yes, this is probably the wrong thread/forum, but humor is necessary everywhere. To understand this, everyone should watch a rerun of the Mary Tyler Moore Show's episode "Chuckles The Clown." I don't think I would have made it through life so far without a sense of humor.

Back to the topic..shelling is fun and seashells are beautiful to collect. People often use them to make unusual gifts, wall decor and and numerous crafts.

I only mentioned the live shelling law because either tourists are unaware of the law (although it is posted everywhere) or don't care. I've witnessed people taking sand dollars out of the water while their little feet (don't know the scientific name, sorry) were wiggling. This is really cool, although it wasn't filmed in Florida.

[youtube]gLK71-vsi2E[/youtube]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLK71-vsi2E]Time Lapse of a Sand Dollar at Pismo Beach California - YouTube[/url]

Old 02-08-2013, 05:28 PM

71 posts, read 105,280 times
Thanks Nancy for introducing me to the saucer, Everyday i learn new words.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:41 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,270,506 times
I hope to visit FL soon, hopefully this year if not than next year. Very bad health & having 1 leg keeps me from doing very much. I just always loved collecting shells & I love rocks also.
3 years ago we were able to get to the UP in Michigan & collected the most beautiful rocks on Lake Superior. Had so much fun with hubby. Just sitting in sand looking at all the rocks. I can't walk very far. The leg I have left is in very bad condition as well. Having diabetes 43 years & having all the complications that go along with it is not a good thing.
We also hope to get back to San Diego where we lived in the early 80's. We couldn't even count how many miles we put on those beaches, but I remember how much fun we had.
Memories are great to have of FL, CA, NJ, NC & MI at the beach. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about those days.
So hopefully Englewood & Sanibel will be next for our adventures.
No matter who you are or how old you are... time goes by so fast. Make sure you get to enjoy the things you love most today...don't wait & think some day I want to do that.
Happy shelling to all. Hope you get the thrill of finding those beautiful shells.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:05 AM

166 posts, read 370,141 times
Just to respond to a few posts on here...
We love to shell, have found many shells alive and most recently a live starfish and always leave them alone and get outraged when I see someone else take them!! Fearing the culprits may be tourists and not aware it's illegal, I tend to kindly tell them and rarely do you see them put the shells back!!!

Auger shells are plentiful on Boca.

I love practical jokes as long as they don't hurt anyone, guilty of many pranks in my day. However I can guarantee as a dog owner I would not find it funny in the least to see my dog consume anything found at the dog park, fake or not. Reason is I tend to go to great measures to teach my dog not to eat anything found on the ground especially away from home, you never know if some crazy person has set out something to harm animals! So even though it seems harmless and good fun, I would never set something out at a dog park to encourage a dog to eat anything. If you want to shock people, try putting that substance into a clean empty poop bag and act as if you just scooped it up and then eat it yourself, now that would freak someone out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area