Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 05:55 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,874,458 times

Advertisements

I don't get it....the guy totally screwed you and you don't want to post his name........I would have his name in sky writing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 06:02 AM

397 posts, read 813,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
This is just one of the reasons that I want the heck out of Florida!!!
You can't be serious !!!!! Where are you going ?? Never-Never Land ??

Old 05-21-2012, 06:44 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
I don't get it....the guy totally screwed you and you don't want to post his name........I would have his name in sky writing.
You want to be careful with that, there could be legal consequences!
Just an FYI

Old 05-24-2012, 09:25 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,770,002 times
I am orifinally from LI - now in Delray beach.. IT'S THE SAME HERE,TOO!
I am totally baffled at the lackadaisical, unprofessional, and downright rotten business habits these Floridian contractors have. They don't call, they don't write, they DON'T CARE !!

You'd think they'd want the money for the dental work they all seem to need, but NOOOOoo.
Even personal referrals aren't foolproof.
What a drag..

Old 05-25-2012, 08:38 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,874,458 times
You know...it's crazy....some people just have the luck.When we moved in a few years ago,the house and grounds needed work.Believe it or not,we relied mostly on Yellow Pages and ads in the Cape Coral Breeze.We found a great painter,an electrician,a landscape company,pool company,boat lift,
lanai screen co.,carpets ,even a mobile marine guy for our boat....all worked out perfectly and we still use them.Good work,fair price and showed up on time.....we've even had good service from Comcast.....only complaint is home watch that doesn't show up too often,but all in we've lucked out.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:01 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,784 times
Well, that's great.

Most people that contact a business do so to get a feel for how the individual is going to treat them and their home, but they do not realize that it works both ways, the contractor that you are contacting is checking you out also, their question is how is this individual going to act toward me when I do sign a contract with them.

It goes both ways, so how you approach a business and or home owner is very important.
Because one thing people never seem to consider is that many contractors are getting screwed by unscrupulous home owners and never get their money.
It a though world out there and it wont get any easier for all parties involved.

I have had situations over the years where I desperately needed the work, and didn't take the job because I got a funny feeling about the party involved.
And later found out that it was a good thing not to take the job, because the guy that got it had nothing but hassles and never got his money.

As I said it works both ways, consumers complain about the businesses they don't like, But business people talk among them selves also and get the word out about customers that have treated them bad.
I am not accusing any one of anything, it is just the way it is.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:12 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
A few years ago I wanted the many of the rooms in my house painted. I called about 20 people that had A or A+ and were in business for a long while on the Better Business site. I had 10 of them call me back to set up an appointment for the estimate and only 1 showed up.

I had a bad experience with 2 church people doing jobs for me. One I knew pretty well and the other not so much. Let's just say that they did crappy work and I had to pay others to fix their mistakes.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:01 PM

964 posts, read 2,064,391 times
I started using Angie's List a few years back to find reliable contractors. Used the site to find electricians, plumbers, and painters. It has never let me down in both PA and FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area