Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 06:54 PM

388 posts, read 1,126,936 times

Advertisements

I'm curious, if you own a home on a saltwater canal, would it be legal to use your boat as a liveaboard? This would be for use as a "guest house" when folks came to visit.
This assumes the boat would be taken to a marina for black water pump out.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 08:58 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,877,165 times
Good question Ga........I'm sure there's some law against it, knowing bureaucrats.If it were me,I'd go ahaead and use it for company and hope they are gone before a neighbor rats you out.
Don't see why it would be a problem since the sewerage issue is taken care of.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:35 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,352,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga Jerk View Post
I'm curious, if you own a home on a saltwater canal, would it be legal to use your boat as a liveaboard? This would be for use as a "guest house" when folks came to visit.
This assumes the boat would be taken to a marina for black water pump out.
In Cape Coma? are you serious?
They would probably burn you at the stake.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:35 PM

518 posts, read 1,232,505 times
So far the Cape doesn't have a code enforcement boat roaming the canals yet. If they thought they could make money they would. I know my neighbors called the police when my dock workers played there radio just a little to load to long. If you kept quiet I don't think you would have any problem.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:11 PM

646 posts, read 1,643,474 times
Great question! I will check with the office tomorrow and see if anyone knows.

I know there are a few boats by the new "beach" in Cape that people live in year round. Just floating in the middle of the canal...

Old 06-12-2012, 01:31 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,043,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiege1224 View Post
So far the Cape doesn't have a code enforcement boat roaming the canals yet. If they thought they could make money they would. I know my neighbors called the police when my dock workers played there radio just a little to load to long. If you kept quiet I don't think you would have any problem.

You don't need a code enforcement boat, all you need are your nosey neighbors.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:03 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,352,748 times
AHH yes and Cape Coma (just for you Sami) has a great number of neighborhood informants. I don't know what attracts them to this place.
Other then the whole place is set up for them.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:03 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,043,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
AHH yes and Cape Coma (just for you Sami) has a great number of neighborhood informants. I don't know what attracts them to this place.
Other then the whole place is set up for them.

When you're retired and have nothing better to do, you walk up and down your street measuring your neighbors lawn and report them if it's too high.

Or you walk in the evenings and make note of the trash cans that are out too early or out too late and report them to the city as well.

Or better yet, when you just can't sleep you walk the streets at 0100 and report those ppl who left their garage doors open..

true story..had a cop show up really late at night because my garage door was open, my remote was in the house and one of the kids pressed it and opened the door...he told me there was a law in the Cape about garage doors being left open..after I stopped laughing, he gave me a warning ticket.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:34 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,323,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
When you're retired and have nothing better to do, you walk up and down your street measuring your neighbors lawn and report them if it's too high.

Or you walk in the evenings and make note of the trash cans that are out too early or out too late and report them to the city as well.

Or better yet, when you just can't sleep you walk the streets at 0100 and report those ppl who left their garage doors open..

true story..had a cop show up really late at night because my garage door was open, my remote was in the house and one of the kids pressed it and opened the door...he told me there was a law in the Cape about garage doors being left open..after I stopped laughing, he gave me a warning ticket.
Absolutely! It's not just Cape Coral. Most of Florida is set up this way. Retirees and HOA rules make it so. My dad lives on the other coast and he even walks around his complex checking to see if tags on vehicles are expired. Old men that feel that life is out of their control and they no longer serve a purpose.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:36 PM

518 posts, read 1,232,505 times
At least we can leave our garage doors open and still have something left in them in the morning. My neighbor has a really nice Ferrari in his garage. He doesn't leave his open very often. A relative in another part of Florida looses something out of his garage every time he goes off and leaves his open. I don't think you need a law or a cop to tell you to shut your door. After you loose something for not having it shut you won't do it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area