Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 07:16 PM

196 posts, read 504,377 times

Advertisements

July, 5, 2012
RE>
Cape Coral Real estate> Can I offer less for a Forclousure?? I was hoping I could possible push it for 10G's less???? thanx in Advance for all your Well Informed Information!
P.S. Home is priced under 100 and a cash deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 08:37 PM

282 posts, read 1,008,636 times
Yes you can offer less and I highly suggest contacting agent who has it listed. You have a better chance of getting it.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:22 AM

11 posts, read 39,258 times
please do not blindly listen to an agent , they will always say there is another offer on the house and maybe you should go higher...i listened and payed 5000 extra i realize now i probably shouldn't have

Old 07-06-2012, 10:17 AM

397 posts, read 813,417 times
I went through this last year. I bid on a half dozen homes. Here is what I believe is true, by my own experience. Have CASH !!!! The banks do not want to get involved with someone who is financing.[/color]

Bid "at least" the asking price. Every home I bid on went over the banks price.[/color]

Last edited by Sunscape; 07-10-2012 at 08:22 AM..

Old 07-06-2012, 10:24 AM

70 posts, read 120,172 times
It depends on the price point you are buying at. Unless you are very savvy. You should have someone work for you.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:01 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,545,164 times
Ask your Realtor to give you the comparables. You can offer less on a Bank Foreclosure. The bank sets the price because they have someone do a Broker Price Opinion prior to listing. So, it is usually listed at a fair price. But sometimes if the home needs too much work it sits awhile, the bank will lower the price. If there are multiple offers, you will be asked to sign a multiple offer form. If there are no other offers, you can submit an offer and the bank will counter if they want higher. Most of the bank foreclosures that I have submitted for my buyers if they were not in a multiple offer situation, the bank was willing to accept less, but not significantly less. In multiple offer situations, the accepted offer is almost always higher than the list price.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:10 PM

4 posts, read 8,510 times
My parents have placed cash offers on three homes this year that were in the $100 thousand range. In every situation they lost the house to someone who bid over the listed price. Also... each of these houses were really a bargain for the asking price.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:21 PM

646 posts, read 1,641,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobeach View Post
July, 5, 2012
RE>
Cape Coral Real estate> Can I offer less for a Forclousure?? I was hoping I could possible push it for 10G's less???? thanx in Advance for all your Well Informed Information!
P.S. Home is priced under 100 and a cash deal.

Most homes under 100k range do not last long and there are many cash buyers lined up to purchase these homes. In my experience, a buyer who offers 10k less on a home 100k and below is simply testing the waters. If it is a nice home, and worth 100k (search comps), offer in line with market value --IF you really want the home.

Some homes are overpriced at 100k. So asking a question on a property we know nothing about is tough.

Find an agent that will answer your calls, in a timely manner. Most of the homes in this price range do not sit. If you hire an agent that does not check their voicemail or email for hours at a time, you could miss an opportunity. Most of the time these homes have "highest and best due by ...__". Don't want to miss out.

Happy bidding.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:23 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,891,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
Ask your Realtor to give you the comparables. You can offer less on a Bank Foreclosure. The bank sets the price because they have someone do a Broker Price Opinion prior to listing. So, it is usually listed at a fair price. But sometimes if the home needs too much work it sits awhile, the bank will lower the price. If there are multiple offers, you will be asked to sign a multiple offer form. If there are no other offers, you can submit an offer and the bank will counter if they want higher. Most of the bank foreclosures that I have submitted for my buyers if they were not in a multiple offer situation, the bank was willing to accept less, but not significantly less. In multiple offer situations, the accepted offer is almost always higher than the list price.
Good !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area