Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 08:43 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,337,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzmanLI View Post
Hello everyone, My parents (in there 50s), and myself (I'm in my 20s) are considering to relocate to southwest Florida. We have been all over the state and spent most of our time in the keys. We are interested in a place on the canal so we can have our boat (28 Grady) in our back yard. We originally were looking for this in the keys but is too expensive for what we are looking for in a home. This spring we plan on going down to Cape Coral to look at real estate and to see what the area offers. We are from Long Island, NY, they will be snowbirds and will return to NY during the summer. I plan on staying in FL year round.

What we're looking for:
2 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath canal front home (not a condo or townhouse)
pool, screened porch, boat lift
budget $200,000-$325,000

-What are the nicer areas to look at? Nice communities in the area?

-What kind of shopping is there on Cape Coral? Hows traffic (I assume its busy during the winter)?
I hear there is a $2.00 toll to get over the bridge, is this true? if so, how often do you find yourself needing to go over?

-What beaches and state parks are near by?

-Crime rate? Is this a safe area? We are looking at homes south of Cape Coral Parkway
What parts of Cape Coral would you recommend to stay away from (of there are any)?

-How often does Cape Coral area get hit with a tropical storm/hurricane?

-What is the diversity of the area? Is it mostly young families, or older retires?

-I'm finishing up my degree at Long Island University and plan on doing graduate work at Florida Gulf Coast University. I will be commuting, how long is the commute to Cape Coral to Ft. Myers?

Thank you for any responses, we appreciate it!
Check it out very closely.
I would not buy again in Cape Coral, I would look elsewhere.
CC is a bunch of hype and none of it true.
Not a good investment to buy here,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 07:04 PM

8 posts, read 50,205 times
what are you still doing here??? every body else that hated living here in cape coral has left

Old 08-24-2012, 08:53 PM

693 posts, read 2,004,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian faust View Post
what are you still doing here??? every body else that hated living here in cape coral has left
Same question I have been asking the guy for the last year. He has no answer.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:57 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,857,969 times
The kind of person that you hide from when you see him at the supermarket...because you know he's going to complain endlessly about everything.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:39 AM

Leaders find the things that are wrong and work for REAL CHANGE.
"The truth, indeed, is something that
mankind, for some mysterious reason,
instinctively dislikes. Every man who
tries to tell it is unpopular, and even
when, by the sheer strength of his
case, he prevails, he is put down as a
scoundrel." H.L. Mencken

Those that do not want change always attempt to dis-credit them, because they refuse to grow personally.
Societies that refuse to grow and evolve, regress and disappear altogether.
That is the way it has been through out human history.
Say what you want.-to invest in CC real estate at this time is at best foolish at worst financially devastating.
The stifling rules and regulations make this area completely anti-business, no business no growth.
And this city can no longer support it self on the backs of the property tax payers, To long have they been sucking the money out of the pockets of the retired people, they no longer come here because they figured out what is going on.
Cape Coral is a bad investment until it has some major changes to the way it is governed.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:14 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,857,969 times
Oh,silly me.......I thought I was happy until you enlightened me......guess I better sell.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Oh,silly me.......I thought I was happy until you enlightened me......guess I better sell.
You gotta do what you gotta do.
But to tell you honestly you have never come across as a happy person.
I on the other hand am a very happy person, nothing can get me down. hope you feel better soon.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:46 AM

8 posts, read 50,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
Leaders find the things that are wrong and work for REAL CHANGE.
"The truth, indeed, is something that
mankind, for some mysterious reason,
instinctively dislikes. Every man who
tries to tell it is unpopular, and even
when, by the sheer strength of his
case, he prevails, he is put down as a
scoundrel." H.L. Mencken

Those that do not want change always attempt to dis-credit them, because they refuse to grow personally.
Societies that refuse to grow and evolve, regress and disappear altogether.
That is the way it has been through out human history.
Say what you want.-to invest in CC real estate at this time is at best foolish at worst financially devastating.
The stifling rules and regulations make this area completely anti-business, no business no growth.
And this city can no longer support it self on the backs of the property tax payers, To long have they been sucking the money out of the pockets of the retired people, they no longer come here because they figured out what is going on.
Cape Coral is a bad investment until it has some major changes to the way it is governed.
than be a leader and lead stop with all the negetivity

Old 08-27-2012, 09:47 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,447,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
You gotta do what you gotta do.
But to tell you honestly you have never come across as a happy person.
I on the other hand am a very happy person, nothing can get me down. hope you feel better soon.
You don't come across as a happy person at all. If you don't like it then why don't you find a place that you like. Life is to short to hate where you live.

To the OP, if you are going at a later time than rush hour you should be fine.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You don't come across as a happy person at all. If you don't like it then why don't you find a place that you like. Life is to short to hate where you live.

To the OP, if you are going at a later time than rush hour you should be fine.
Because running away from a problem has never solved anything, you work hard to make things better for everyone. That is something every individual should have learned before they leave their parents home. You don't run away when things get bad, that is the cowards way, you work for change.
And trying to make things better for everyone always makes me feel good.
This should not be hard to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area