U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2012, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 12,215 times

Advertisements

What are the restrictions in Cape Coral regarding RV parking? If not allowed, what about weekend parking or daily for maintenance and cleaning etc.

Rp
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 01:30 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,009,771 times
It all depends on where you live if you have a Neighborhood Nazi on your street that call the City Nazi's then you will have problems.
I know of RV's that have been stored on peoples property for years, and the city Nazi's don't do anything. Because the neighbors don't complain. This is a very strange place they only enforce the codes and rules when somebody turns you in, it is absolutely nuts but they get away with it so far.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:02 PM

2,333 posts, read 4,363,806 times
You can get a 10 day permit from the city for your rv

Old 10-14-2012, 07:02 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,419,631 times
Also....people don't usually gripe if you park on a side or rear lawn as opposed to right in front 0f the house or in the driveway.We have some on our street and no one complains.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:28 AM

53 posts, read 99,059 times
Simple answer. Don't . You can get a three day in/out permit, for going camping, maintaince etc., ten day permit is for company. I know this for a fact. I used my motorhome as my moving truck. After giving me a 3 day permit twice, they got extremely snooty about it. Keeping in mind I was only in my driveway for 2 days at a time. Unloaded and left. Just kills me when I see boats, trailers, extra cars, business vehicles etc parked everywhere. Then there's the really dumpy properties.......that's another story......

Old 10-14-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Also....people don't usually gripe if you park on a side or rear lawn as opposed to right in front 0f the house or in the driveway.We have some on our street and no one complains.
That is the whole problem with this city.
They employ Nazi Tactics to discriminate against some people simply because of one person complaining. This includes that city employees demand that one property owner turns in other property owners that have vehicles parked on their property. Just the other day this happened to someone I know.
The local Street NAZI turned that person in, after confronting the code enforcement officer, why they singled him out when there are many many more trailers parked in the area he and his supervisor repeatedly demanded the addresses of others in the area that have trailers and RV's Parked on their property
They are to lazy and incompetent to do the job so they employ NAZI TACTICS to try and intimidate other in to becoming informants for them.
These Nazi Tactics need to stop it is unbelievable that a city employee in this country would act like that.
One thing is sure, anyone that considers moving to Lee County STAY AWAY FROM CAPE CORAL you do not want to live in a community where the local government acts like this. And don't even think about brining your business here until this problem get corrected.
No government in this country has the right to act this way towards it's citizens at anytime.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:21 AM

53 posts, read 99,059 times
I didn't say trailer rv boats property are dumpy. I said "dumpy" properties. There's a difference. Dumpy, in my option, is piles of stuff/junk piled in the driveway and around yard. Yards with ft high+ grass, half hanging shutters and doors, the list goes on. A simple clean up would do. These places have been like this for months. That's dumpy.
I don't mind boats n trailers etc. I own the above. I do, however, take exception to the motor homer/camper rule. What's the difference? Big boats on trailers or motorhome coming down the narrow roads are same size.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:01 PM

693 posts, read 1,775,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
That is the whole problem with this city.
They employ Nazi Tactics to discriminate against some people simply because of one person complaining. This includes that city employees demand that one property owner turns in other property owners that have vehicles parked on their property. Just the other day this happened to someone I know.
The local Street NAZI turned that person in, after confronting the code enforcement officer, why they singled him out when there are many many more trailers parked in the area he and his supervisor repeatedly demanded the addresses of others in the area that have trailers and RV's Parked on their property
They are to lazy and incompetent to do the job so they employ NAZI TACTICS to try and intimidate other in to becoming informants for them.
These Nazi Tactics need to stop it is unbelievable that a city employee in this country would act like that.
One thing is sure, anyone that considers moving to Lee County STAY AWAY FROM CAPE CORAL you do not want to live in a community where the local government acts like this. And don't even think about brining your business here until this problem get corrected.
No government in this country has the right to act this way towards it's citizens at anytime.

Hey clown listen. I personally do NOT want to pay taxes to live in a neighborhood where peoples disgusting RVs and/or boats are parked in their driveways for days, weeks, or months on end, that does not make me a Nazi. Also, if you had eyes or any common sense you might actually see the code enforcement vehicles driving around Cape Coral on a daily basis looking for violators. No one has to call anyone for a ticket to be issued. If you have problems following the laws and codes of the town, by all means, do us all a favor and just move or by a short length of rope and learn to tie a knot.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant4651 View Post
I didn't say trailer rv boats property are dumpy. I said "dumpy" properties. There's a difference. Dumpy, in my option, is piles of stuff/junk piled in the driveway and around yard. Yards with ft high+ grass, half hanging shutters and doors, the list goes on. A simple clean up would do. These places have been like this for months. That's dumpy.
I don't mind boats n trailers etc. I own the above. I do, however, take exception to the motor homer/camper rule. What's the difference? Big boats on trailers or motorhome coming down the narrow roads are same size.
Ok Got it

Old 10-20-2012, 07:54 AM

2,333 posts, read 4,363,806 times
I just got a nice orange sticker placed on my boat trailer. I have a vacant/ canal front lot in the SW cape. On monday I put my boat in at the ramp and pull it up to my dock. I have my wife pull the truck and trailer and meet me at the lot. We typically go out on the boat and leave it at the dock for a couple days instead of trailering back and forth. I park the trailer right on the property line still on my lot but close to a neighbors side of house. I don't think this neighbor would have called and complained because he used to park his trailer and his truck on my lot in the same spot and I've always told him it was ok. On Thursday morning there was an orange "remove your trailer from vacant lot w/in 3 days" sticker. I was ok because I was taking the boat out that day anyway. but it did leave me curious as to whether it was a code enforcement officer just happened to be in the neighborhood (which is possible because there are three new houses being built on the street) or did someone blow a whistle?

It's really not a big deal for me to put the boat in go out for the day and bring the trailer back to my house after the first day and store there , but it did have me wonder. I guess the difference would be , now that I know i'm not allowed to keep it there should i go on websites blasting cape coral and being negative about everything and my neighbors or should I just work within the framework of what is allowed? yes this is a direct dig at equal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area