U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 10:08 AM

21 posts, read 28,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmomof2 View Post
one place to check out is meetup. com, they list groups in your area and you can pick and choose ones that are of interest to you- there are dining, dancing, gardening, politcal, health, activity related groups- you just plug in your zip code and search away.
thank you, i signed up for that site last week lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 05:40 AM

71 posts, read 94,283 times
I think that you could easily make new friends, it all depends on how you be and who you are, and you made a first step
to ask this in a thread, so that shows me your are very open, you will make them very easily!
Maybe it will be individuals that you know and not friends, but it will soon be more than just someone
you know! Nice to meet you btw, have a nice time overthere!
No busy place, just silent, relax, enjoy the weather. . .

God speed on your way to finding friends!

Unfortunately i don't live there! Not yet!
Ps: Don't look to some grammar faults in my post, my native language is Dutch.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet84 View Post
I think that you could easily make new friends, it all depends on how you be and who you are, and you made a first step
to ask this in a thread, so that shows me your are very open, you will make them very easily!
Maybe it will be individuals that you know and not friends, but it will soon be more than just someone
you know! Nice to meet you btw, have a nice time overthere!
No busy place, just silent, relax, enjoy the weather. . .

God speed on your way to finding friends!

Unfortunately i don't live there! Not yet!
Ps: Don't look to some grammar faults in my post, my native language is Dutch.

thank you very much. its nice to meet you too! goodluck with your move here. (im assuming your moving here because you said you dont live here "yet."

p.s. im italian & dutch ; )

Old 10-25-2012, 06:45 AM

Are serious? I am Belgian!
Wow really nice to meet you, hope to see you once in marina bay or other nice place out there.
Yes, i don't live there yet, because USA is so hard to get in. I don't have a bachelor degree so this makes
it even more hard to get in. My only chance is the DV lottery.
But i am planning to buy property over there, and i also like to come over on holiday as well.
So, i am sure we will meet each other once. Enjoy your stay there.
You will make friends very quickly. Just be open and always friendly and helpful.
You will make it!

How did you get in the US? You lived in Brooklynn, right? Is it really that dangerous over there?
Because everybody keeps saying it is a hard place to live.
In Cape coral you will miss the rush of the city life, i guess. Are may be you're happy
that you will don't feel the rush anymore

All the best from the cold and rainy Belgium!

Old 10-25-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet84 View Post
Are serious? I am Belgian!
Wow really nice to meet you, hope to see you once in marina bay or other nice place out there.
Yes, i don't live there yet, because USA is so hard to get in. I don't have a bachelor degree so this makes
it even more hard to get in. My only chance is the DV lottery.
But i am planning to buy property over there, and i also like to come over on holiday as well.
So, i am sure we will meet each other once. Enjoy your stay there.
You will make friends very quickly. Just be open and always friendly and helpful.
You will make it!

How did you get in the US? You lived in Brooklynn, right? Is it really that dangerous over there?
Because everybody keeps saying it is a hard place to live.
In Cape coral you will miss the rush of the city life, i guess. Are may be you're happy
that you will don't feel the rush anymore

All the best from the cold and rainy Belgium!

i was born and raised in brooklyn. some parts of brooklyn and just new york in general are very bad as in dangerous. alot of robberies, drugs and murder but its like that here to. in brooklyn i worked with this polish guy who won the lottery to come to america. i love living in cape coral but i miss brooklyn. i guess because im very use to living in the fast lane. here, everything is slow. the cost of living is a big difference. my rent in brooklyn was $1,100.00 a month and here is $695.00 lol. they say if you can survive in new york then you can survive anywhere and i feel my fiance and i did mire then well for ourselves there but we needed a change. i always said even if we moved here for a year and didnt like it then hey its just we can say we tried in life.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:26 AM

It's slow and some people like that, others not. Especially, i don't like the the rush.
That's why i want to try to come over to Sout West FL.
But about you, you are also Dutch and Italian?
Yes they say: " if you can make it in New york, you can make it everywhere.
You have to try it, it's better to feeling dissapointed about things you've tried, than things you could't try or have tried.
You only live once!

Old 10-25-2012, 10:42 AM

652 posts, read 1,412,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah1206 View Post
my dog is not aggressive at all shes so loveable and actually cries when people or other dogs dont pay attention to her. she lovesss to play.
She sounds so cute, you should tell people that she's friendly if they seem apprehensive. My former friend had the greatest dog I ever met, he's a Rottweiler and looks scary so people are afraid of him, but he is friendly and never barks at people or other dogs. I felt bad last time we took him near the beach, he has a new small toy breed puppy sister who got all the attention from a lady and her young daughter. When I was getting my car fixed last time the owner had 3 pugs, they are hideous to look at but still cute. They also had a pitbull in the back and she came out for a minute and came over but they took her back in because they were just watching her for a friend. She seemed very friendly and I was surprised when they said she was 13 because she didn't look old at all.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowSoFlorida View Post
She sounds so cute, you should tell people that she's friendly if they seem apprehensive. My former friend had the greatest dog I ever met, he's a Rottweiler and looks scary so people are afraid of him, but he is friendly and never barks at people or other dogs. I felt bad last time we took him near the beach, he has a new small toy breed puppy sister who got all the attention from a lady and her young daughter. When I was getting my car fixed last time the owner had 3 pugs, they are hideous to look at but still cute. They also had a pitbull in the back and she came out for a minute and came over but they took her back in because they were just watching her for a friend. She seemed very friendly and I was surprised when they said she was 13 because she didn't look old at all.
I have an American Cocker, i know it's not to compare.
But yesterday she played with an American stafford/bull terrier crossing.
This beast looked so agressive and dangerous, but i was wrong.
This was an incredible dog. She was so playful and lovely even when she looked such a dangerous dog.
It was so funny to see that our little American girl, had fun with a beast like that.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:14 PM

5,495 posts, read 6,322,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah1206 View Post
ive been wanting to take my pup to the dog parks but with all these BSL's i didnt know where she was allowed or not and people unfortunately aren't too friendly to me when they see her just because shes a pitbull. ill give it a shot. hopefully people will not only give me a chance for friendship but my dog as well.
You can bring your dog to "The Dog" on Del Prado. "THE DOG" Bar & Grille - Home

Old 10-31-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
You can bring your dog to "The Dog" on Del Prado. "THE DOG" Bar & Grille - Home
my fiance actually mentioned that but everytime i pass there i never see anyone with a dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area