U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-17-2012, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
21 posts, read 28,379 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

my fiance and i just recently moved to cape coral from brooklyn, ny and we are looking to meet new people in our area. i am 28 and he is 24, back home we usually hung around 20's-30's age group. is there any interesting social gatherings in cape coral/ft myers area? we are not much into the party scene. we are very laid back, like to go for dinner and a movie type of people. we love music and shopping lol and we like to meet new people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-17-2012, 12:25 PM
 
1,299 posts, read 2,010,245 times
Reputation: 245
One way to meet new people in an area is to volunteer at some thing, what ever your passion is, that way you will meet people that you already have one or more things in common with.
And It's a win win situation you meet people and you also help some one be that a person or an animal.
There are many opportunities around here. From the library to the parks lots and lots of places need volunteers you are sure to find something you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2012, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
21 posts, read 28,379 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
One way to meet new people in an area is to volunteer at some thing, what ever your passion is, that way you will meet people that you already have one or more things in common with.
And It's a win win situation you meet people and you also help some one be that a person or an animal.
There are many opportunities around here. From the library to the parks lots and lots of places need volunteers you are sure to find something you like.
you are absolutely right. i have been thinking about volunteering at animsl shelters. i love dogs. i have a 10 month old pitbull and it breaks my heart to see how there is so much discrimation against them. i have also been thinking about becoming a foster for these dogs. they all deserve good homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2012, 12:40 PM
 
1,299 posts, read 2,010,245 times
Reputation: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah1206 View Post
you are absolutely right. i have been thinking about volunteering at animsl shelters. i love dogs. i have a 10 month old pitbull and it breaks my heart to see how there is so much discrimation against them. i have also been thinking about becoming a foster for these dogs. they all deserve good homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2012, 06:44 PM
 
20 posts, read 51,840 times
Reputation: 16
go to church, go to school, volunteer at hospital, talk to people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2012, 07:33 PM
 
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
693 posts, read 1,775,985 times
Reputation: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah1206 View Post
you are absolutely right. i have been thinking about volunteering at animsl shelters. i love dogs. i have a 10 month old pitbull and it breaks my heart to see how there is so much discrimation against them. i have also been thinking about becoming a foster for these dogs. they all deserve good homes.
If you have a dog, go to the dog park at Rotary Park. There are almost always people there. Later in the day you will find younger people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2012, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
21 posts, read 28,379 times
Reputation: 15
ive been wanting to take my pup to the dog parks but with all these BSL's i didnt know where she was allowed or not and people unfortunately aren't too friendly to me when they see her just because shes a pitbull. ill give it a shot. hopefully people will not only give me a chance for friendship but my dog as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2012, 05:43 AM
 
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
693 posts, read 1,775,985 times
Reputation: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah1206 View Post
ive been wanting to take my pup to the dog parks but with all these BSL's i didnt know where she was allowed or not and people unfortunately aren't too friendly to me when they see her just because shes a pitbull. ill give it a shot. hopefully people will not only give me a chance for friendship but my dog as well.
I take my dog all the time and she's an American Bulldog, but looks like a Pit. You can also go to the Dog Beach in Estero/Bonita. There are ALWAYS Pitbulls there. Once guy that goes frequently has like 5 of them. Not sure about Brooklyn, but here in Florida, everyone has a pitbull it seems. Especially with Miami Dade Counties ban, it seems like a lot of them make their way over here. I honestly wouldn't be concerned about that, unless your puppy is dog aggressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2012, 06:15 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
21 posts, read 28,379 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billythepokerkid View Post
I take my dog all the time and she's an American Bulldog, but looks like a Pit. You can also go to the Dog Beach in Estero/Bonita. There are ALWAYS Pitbulls there. Once guy that goes frequently has like 5 of them. Not sure about Brooklyn, but here in Florida, everyone has a pitbull it seems. Especially with Miami Dade Counties ban, it seems like a lot of them make their way over here. I honestly wouldn't be concerned about that, unless your puppy is dog aggressive.
really? thats good to know, thank you! my dog is not aggressive at all shes so loveable and actually cries when people or other dogs dont pay attention to her. she lovesss to play. in brooklyn EVERYONE has pitbulls and all other kinds of dog breeds. there is no BSL, not that im aware of anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2012, 10:00 AM
 
101 posts, read 243,964 times
Reputation: 54
one place to check out is meetup. com, they list groups in your area and you can pick and choose ones that are of interest to you- there are dining, dancing, gardening, politcal, health, activity related groups- you just plug in your zip code and search away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top