Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2012, 11:28 AM

35 posts, read 49,923 times

Advertisements

Hello all I have finally moved into Fort Myers. Nice quaint town. Love the area I live in even though in my community it is a lot older. I like the quiteness, but that's because my dad is still here. He will be going back up north on Sunday, so that will be my real day of being new here. I have done some researching around and Ihave found that I live in a great neighborhood. Everything is very close by, I have some of the best restaurants around, I have some of the best stores around. I can say I love it here. Unfortunately I left my mom and my daughter up north. And with the devastation that has happened I pray all the time to make sure everyone is good. to go.

Now what I am here for. I need to find things to do.
Basically I need a church. What type of church??? Well I need a good bible based church that is on fire for the Lord. Nothing wishy washy. I need my meat and potatoes in the word. If you know what I mean. I heard of Next Level I think I will go visit soon even though I am hispanic and love my pentecostal holy ghost filled, speaking in tounges, charismatic, on fire for the Lord churches. Which is awesome by the way.
Also what else am I looking for. I think I would like to start volunteering in softball. I was a coach/manager for 4 yrs on a co-ed team back in NJ all ages and it was modified and arc.
I was a coach for 12u and 16u up north also, which was kinda cool since I have a 6yo daughter and it has taught me a lot about teens. So what am I looking for??? Well something in that nature and where can I go to get this going.
Wat else am I looking for well just things to do. Festivals, carnivals, anything fun out going, sponteneous, just about anything outdorrsy, pleasureable, relaxing, exciting, enticing, daring like bungee jumping or skydiving, anything for my daughter whenever she comes down, Just about anything to keep my mind off of anything up north. LOL.
I think that sums it up all.
If you have any suggestions please feel free to hit me up on a PM or right here.

Thanks all
BE BLESSED and BE EMPOWERED

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 04:13 AM

10,746 posts, read 25,946,760 times
Faith Assembly in North Fort Myers on Bayshore might be worth checking out. They have a wonderful kids program and a softball team.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:46 PM

101 posts, read 271,865 times
Welcome- where did you end up? Season is just getting started around here the friday news paper has the weekend events listed each week, as does the weekly free paper you can pick up all around town but publix has them at the exit doors usually, also here's a link to the fort myers chamber of commerce
Community Events Calendar | Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce

Sign up for living social, groupon, and the local one dealchicken for discounted coupons for all kinds of things.
check out meet-up .com and see what groups you are interested in and go to a couple to meet new people.
I can't help you with soft/baseball-sorry.

Also try googling pentecostal church fort myers there are quite a few that show up, first assembly on summerlin rd in fort myers is another one with ALOT going on. next level is good, but not pentecostally.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Faith Assembly in North Fort Myers on Bayshore might be worth checking out. They have a wonderful kids program and a softball team.
Ok Kool I will try to look at it.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmomof2 View Post
Welcome- where did you end up? Season is just getting started around here the friday news paper has the weekend events listed each week, as does the weekly free paper you can pick up all around town but publix has them at the exit doors usually, also here's a link to the fort myers chamber of commerce
Community Events Calendar | Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce

Sign up for living social, groupon, and the local one dealchicken for discounted coupons for all kinds of things.
check out meet-up .com and see what groups you are interested in and go to a couple to meet new people.
I can't help you with soft/baseball-sorry.

Also try googling pentecostal church fort myers there are quite a few that show up, first assembly on summerlin rd in fort myers is another one with ALOT going on. next level is good, but not pentecostally.
I joined living social, and groupon, I haven't seen dealchicken.
Ok thanks.
And I live on college and 41.....real close.
It is a nice community.
I like it.
A little older but ok...and quiet.
So I am looking for different things to do.
So thank you.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:53 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,120 times
Art fest/ Music Fest downtown ft myers...or check out the farmer's markets, go kayak or canoeing at lover's key or the eco preserve in CC. Go to the beach, Sanibel/Captiva, Ft Myers Beach, Lover's Key beach. Go to the outlet malls, Miromar/Gulf Coast Town Center/Tanger/ Coconut. Check out Naples Zoo. Go ice skating or pick up a new hobby at Germain arena or Skatium. Check with the German club in CC to see what festivals are next. Go to the Carnival on Pine Island Rd. Check out Matlacha & the shops there. Go fishing. Volunteer somewhere. Join a gym, check out the YMCA. Eat at all the local restaurants or coffee shops. Go thrift store shopping. Check out yard sales. It's winter, the sky is the limit. Our endless amounts of sunny days are amongst us. Get out and enjoy SWFL!

That is just a few things to do....I can list a ton of others.

Glad you moved here and are loving it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area