U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2012, 02:58 PM

26 posts, read 53,480 times

Advertisements

We recently moved to Orlando and are headed down to Fort Myers/Sanibel for the long weekend coming up. We're staying near the Ft Myers airport but plan to spend a fair amount of time on Sanibel & Captiva, probably with our cooler for food! However, we need at least one really good, decently priced seafood place with REALLY FRESH seafood. My biggest problem with so many seafood shacks is that they expect kids to only eat burgers or hotdogs, so I'm hoping to find a place that won't break the bank and features shrimp and/or fresh fish (grouper cheeks? grouper fingers?) on the kids menu. We can plan on lunch or dinner, depending on where it is. I'm hoping to eat for less than $15 or so for the adults--I know, not easy, but lunch? A grouper sandwich and a shrimp po'boy would be great! Are there any places that have their own boats? That's always fun, if you know the restaurant is serving up something their boats brought in that morning!

Many, many thanks for your suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 05:19 PM

26 posts, read 54,076 times
Pincher's Crab Shack - Fresh Seafood, Family Friendly & Casual As You Get. That's Pinchers! - [SIZE=-1]PinchersCrabShack.com[/SIZE]

Kids eat free

Old 11-08-2012, 05:27 PM

14,267 posts, read 16,471,380 times
Is "Skip One" still on route 41? Sorry, but I moved from that area a few years ago. It's sort of like a diner with the freshest seafood around. You can definitely get a meal for under $15 a person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldchaser View Post

Kids eat free
I wonder if I can pass for a kid?

Old 11-09-2012, 09:08 AM

616 posts, read 1,381,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Is "Skip One" still on route 41? Sorry, but I moved from that area a few years ago. It's sort of like a diner with the freshest seafood around. You can definitely get a meal for under $15 a person. I wonder if I can pass for a kid?
Yep still there.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:52 PM

26 posts, read 53,480 times
We ended up at the Shrimp Shack in Ft. Myers--close to our hotel, and inexpensive. The food was okay--the kids LOVED theirs, and my husband's deviled crab was the best he's ever had. HOWEVER, the shrimp was only okay, and the cheaper meals are cheaper because they're TINY. Luckily, the kids & I had a little left over, so my husband could eat that and fill up. We might return, but if we're back in the area, we might keep looking. Maybe one of the later suggestions, like Pincers! Thanks, all.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:03 PM

91 posts, read 182,425 times
Don't hear good things about Shrimp Shack often as the place is generally considered a more expensive Captain Ds with similar food quality. Next time check out Clam Bake. If you get the specials, the price isn't too bad but the food is miles better than Shrimp Shack IMO. Just make sure you go early cause the place is closed by 8 most nights.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:21 AM

693 posts, read 1,764,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-ticket-lizabeth View Post
We recently moved to Orlando and are headed down to Fort Myers/Sanibel for the long weekend coming up. We're staying near the Ft Myers airport but plan to spend a fair amount of time on Sanibel & Captiva, probably with our cooler for food! However, we need at least one really good, decently priced seafood place with REALLY FRESH seafood. My biggest problem with so many seafood shacks is that they expect kids to only eat burgers or hotdogs, so I'm hoping to find a place that won't break the bank and features shrimp and/or fresh fish (grouper cheeks? grouper fingers?) on the kids menu. We can plan on lunch or dinner, depending on where it is. I'm hoping to eat for less than $15 or so for the adults--I know, not easy, but lunch? A grouper sandwich and a shrimp po'boy would be great! Are there any places that have their own boats? That's always fun, if you know the restaurant is serving up something their boats brought in that morning!

Many, many thanks for your suggestions.
If you want to take a trip up to Matlacha kids eat for free, on Tuesdays at the Sandy Hook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area