U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 07:57 PM

964 posts, read 1,840,853 times

Advertisements

Anyone know? Is Sun Harvest Citrus a trap or are the fruits there worth it? Frankly, I'm not impressed with the CC Farmer's Market in terms of quality produce and would really like to find a good spot for fresh, in season grapefruit.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 PM

693 posts, read 1,776,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmack View Post
Anyone know? Is Sun Harvest Citrus a trap or are the fruits there worth it? Frankly, I'm not impressed with the CC Farmer's Market in terms of quality produce and would really like to find a good spot for fresh, in season grapefruit.....
If you aren't impressed with the produce at the farmers market you honestly won't be impressed by anything else, since it's all basically the same exact thing.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:47 AM

40,073 posts, read 19,418,994 times
Sun Harvest has absolutely the best OJ I have ever had....it is almost like a different drink from all the OJ I have ever had ...and I have been drinking OJ over my lifetime. It is wonderful.

Now my partner stopped in the other day for their free sample.....and he said it was as good as we had been getting.....not as sweet. I think that is because they are picking fruit again in their orchards....and I think this is the season for navel oranges.....I have always thought navel oranges are a bit less sweet than othr varieties. I dont know that...but my impression. They are back in full juicing operation.....and are getting very crowded and busy with xmas orders.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billythepokerkid View Post
If you aren't impressed with the produce at the farmers market you honestly won't be impressed by anything else, since it's all basically the same exact thing.

I have to disagree there, Billy. We've purchased grapefruits at the farmers market and then at Sun Harvest - world of difference. I tried and tried, but I just don't find the farmers market veggies to be very good quality.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:18 AM

We had a grapefruit juice sample there last week. Mmmm-mm!

The place smacks of "tourist trap", so I wanted to make sure there wasn't a better locals place I was missing. I really don't think there is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Sun Harvest has absolutely the best OJ I have ever had....it is almost like a different drink from all the OJ I have ever had ...and I have been drinking OJ over my lifetime. It is wonderful.

Now my partner stopped in the other day for their free sample.....and he said it was as good as we had been getting.....not as sweet. I think that is because they are picking fruit again in their orchards....and I think this is the season for navel oranges.....I have always thought navel oranges are a bit less sweet than othr varieties. I dont know that...but my impression. They are back in full juicing operation.....and are getting very crowded and busy with xmas orders.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
We had a grapefruit juice sample there last week. Mmmm-mm!

The place smacks of "tourist trap", so I wanted to make sure there wasn't a better locals place I was missing. I really don't think there is.....
I understand that about now tour buses start pulling in and it gets crazy busy......but IMHO it isnt a tourist trap ....it has the best and that accounts for the volume of business. I consider it one of the natural resources of Ft Myers and not to be missed.

Buying my juices there is the way I felt about getting maple syrup from a local sugar bush up in NH or Maine or picking my own McIntosh apples in the cool of the morning in the Lakes region of NH. (let me tell you that those apples are cracking good and full of tangy juices that will run down your chin.)

Old 11-14-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I have to disagree there, Billy. We've purchased grapefruits at the farmers market and then at Sun Harvest - world of difference. I tried and tried, but I just don't find the farmers market veggies to be very good quality.
That's amazing, since they are the exact same grapefruits. It's psychological. Your brain is telling you that since you pay three times more at Sun Harvest, that their grapefruits taste better. Time for a blind taste test!

Old 11-14-2012, 02:58 PM

I totally disagree with your finding Billy. When we moved here and stopped at Sun Harvest we hadnt heard anything and thought it was just a fruit stand......when I tasted the juice....I couldnt believe my taste buds....it was that different and that good.

The age of the trees the distance the fruit is from the trunk are all variables that make a difference and Sun Harvest has it all figured out and their citrus is amazing! But if you dont think so......buy whatever you are happy with.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I totally disagree with your finding Billy. When we moved here and stopped at Sun Harvest we hadnt heard anything and thought it was just a fruit stand......when I tasted the juice....I couldnt believe my taste buds....it was that different and that good.

The age of the trees the distance the fruit is from the trunk are all variables that make a difference and Sun Harvest has it all figured out and their citrus is amazing! But if you dont think so......buy whatever you are happy with.
All you keep talking about is the juice, the question was about fruit. It's overrated and overpriced, but enjoy away!

Old 11-14-2012, 05:42 PM

I don't think we are talking the same thing. The produce at the farmer's market is clearly not the same. It even looks different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billythepokerkid View Post
That's amazing, since they are the exact same grapefruits. It's psychological. Your brain is telling you that since you pay three times more at Sun Harvest, that their grapefruits taste better. Time for a blind taste test!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area