U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 05:56 AM

199 posts, read 463,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoomer View Post
BTW, there is a way to "ignore" certain posters in your control panel. I use it occasionally on those who spew nothing but trash and it has made this board a better place to visit.

Thanks xoomer - more good advice. For the life of me, I cannot understand why someone would feel the need to stick their nose into the middle of someone else's thread, offer nothing constructive, and be rude and condescending for no good reason. Now that is a person who needs to get a life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 08:21 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,010,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemidancer View Post
Nothing could be further from the truth, Equal - I can see why you are so popular among this forum. You just open your mouth and spew whatever verbal diarrhea happens to pop into that tiny little brain of yours.

I am not upset in the least that other people are 'enjoying their life'. I am upset because they are preventing me from enjoying mine. These people are scum - they throw their beer bottles and cans all over the yard, and often times they land in the canal. They have no regard whatsoever for anyone but themselves and THAT is what upsets me. They are out there EVERY NIGHT for hours on end. As I said, I am a VERY TOLERANT person, and I am also a very CONSIDERATE person and expect the same others.

Do me a favor and stay out of my threads. I don't need your negative BS. Capiche?
And I though this was about noise, ya coulda foold me. And I will tell you a little fact YOU are not a TOLERANT PERSON, you are far from it. CAPICHE And you are a candidate for one of those "Exclusive communities" they are full of tolerant persons.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:31 AM

Glad to see you're staying true to form, Equal - all gum-flapping, and not one solid fact to back up anything you say. Take a hike.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:07 AM

5,495 posts, read 6,361,710 times
I like your music solution. I would add some of your own partying too. I would do it when they are home but not partying. This way it does not appear to be directed at them.

Indian Love Call in Mars Attacks! - YouTube

Old 11-20-2012, 10:36 AM

Love it! :d

Old 11-20-2012, 01:45 PM

9,441 posts, read 20,740,784 times
Did it ever occur to you to call the police? Cape Coral does have a noise ordinance...call the police non emergency number and ask them if they can do anything about your situation.

Aiming floodlights or blaring your own music is immature and will only result in the cops landing on your doorstep. If you're sure it's a rental, find out who owns it and contact them. If the cops are out there enough times the owner will be fined for the behaviof of their tenant.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Did it ever occur to you to call the police? Cape Coral does have a noise ordinance...call the police non emergency number and ask them if they can do anything about your situation.

Aiming floodlights or blaring your own music is immature and will only result in the cops landing on your doorstep. If you're sure it's a rental, find out who owns it and contact them. If the cops are out there enough times the owner will be fined for the behaviof of their tenant.
Kim, I'm not going to use floodlights or blare my own music, as tempting as either of those options might be. I wasn't sure if I could even call the police before 10pm, which is the reason why I posted the question here. I have since found out that there is indeed a noise ordinance in CC and that yes, I can call the cops before 10pm. I am absolutely certain that the property is a rental. I'm going to find out who the landlord is and start there.

Equal commented that I'm not a very tolerant person, and you know what? He's right - I have no tolerance for people who act irresponsibly or disrespectfully, are reckless with other people's property, or who are rude or inconsiderate of others. I expect others to treat me with the same consideration and respect that I afford them, and if that's considered 'intolerant' then I am guilty as charged. I don't live in a 'gated community' but I DO live in a neighborhood where folks are considerate of one another, and I really don't think that's too much to ask.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:54 PM

9,441 posts, read 20,740,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemidancer View Post
Kim, I'm not going to use floodlights or blare my own music, as tempting as either of those options might be. I wasn't sure if I could even call the police before 10pm, which is the reason why I posted the question here. I have since found out that there is indeed a noise ordinance in CC and that yes, I can call the cops before 10pm. I am absolutely certain that the property is a rental. I'm going to find out who the landlord is and start there.

Equal commented that I'm not a very tolerant person, and you know what? He's right - I have no tolerance for people who act irresponsibly or disrespectfully, are reckless with other people's property, or who are rude or inconsiderate of others. I expect others to treat me with the same consideration and respect that I afford them, and if that's considered 'intolerant' then I am guilty as charged. I don't live in a 'gated community' but I DO live in a neighborhood where folks are considerate of one another, and I really don't think that's too much to ask.
I'm glad you got your answer. I too am a tad intolerant of noise as well...daily living noise is one thing, being a pain in the ass is another.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:00 PM

22,564 posts, read 48,714,045 times
You'd be surprised. I lived near a house like that in Bonita Springs and they actually owned it. Only way to get an idea is to look it up on here. Lee County Property Line

It's a start, anyway.

They may turn out to be nice and if you tell them they are bothering you they might tone it down. But I wouldn't take the chance. If it turns out that they are hostile then when you do get in contact with the cops and/or owner they could retaliate.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:08 AM

319 posts, read 490,167 times
The best thing to do is to send them a nice letter ( no return address ) signed Concerned Neighbors. Asking for courtesy and toning it down. If it is a rental CC the owner.

Go to Lee County Property Appraiser and do a property search.

If no change, send a second letter, I am not sure if you received our first letter, blah blah. However, since this is our second attempt, please let me remind you of the city noise ordinance. As your neighbors we are hoping you will do the right thing and help us out here. We want everyone to enjoy themselves, but we are asking you to be courteous and take the volume down a notch and to mussel the screaming kid!

If no change, third and final. Dear neighbor we have contacted you three times and requested you adjust your volume while outside enjoying your back yard. Since you are being so unreasonable and you have demonstrated you do not care for your neighbors we have no other choice but to put you on notice. Every evening you choose to sit out back and share your life stories with everyone within 300 feet of your dock, sound carries over water you know, we will notify the police non-emergency complaint line, after logging two complaints against you, you will have an unfortunate visit from the Cape PD, every single night you get out of line. Please remember, We asked nicely, three times, including this final letter.

My opinion, once you ask three times there is no reason to fill guilty about calling The PD. There is nothing like having a visit from the PD to spoil an evening. If it happens enough times they will get cited and then the monetary motivation will kick in.

If you want to really get the point across. For every letter you send to the offender, send a copy and a cover letter to 4 of the surrounding neighbors. If the PD gets multiple calls from neighbors surrounding the home, these people will be screwed.

At least put them on notice and let them know what is coming, maybe they have a decent streak.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area