U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 02:41 PM

319 posts, read 489,903 times

Advertisements

Maxwell Smart had a Black Friday deal on those....I bought one for my recliner, I used it for 5 min and the wife broke it with a frying pan. I am glad I used AmExpress!

Last edited by BugManTPC; 11-25-2012 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 05:43 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,010,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Equal...please...just go away
Coming from a individual from NH, you made a funny.
I'm here to stay.
EOR

BOP
Tolerance is a way of life. If you are a tolerant person you do not post here to try and get your problem resolved you work on it with the people involved.
Posting your "tolerance here" is an insult to tolerant people

Old 11-26-2012, 12:18 PM

91 posts, read 183,883 times
Ninjas! Aside from that noise ordinances are notoriously difficult to enforce. The prior suggestions are probably the best but I can say an annoyingly loud neighbor often becomes more so on failed attempts to quiet them down.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:20 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,420,010 times
I kind of like the spot light idea.They will undoubtedly come over and tell you that they are disturbing them and you can explain that their partying is disturbing you.So....no major confrontation.....they keep it down and you kill the lights.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:02 AM

10 posts, read 11,047 times
Contact the police, does not matter what time of day, the police will take action and will keep the complaint anonymous. Every property owner has the right to enjoy their property without others infringing on that right. We have a neighbor with a drum set, normally I am tolerant until I was home recovering from surgery and could not rest (windows all closed) because band practice was happening every afternoon. Police were called twice and took action, have not heard the drums since :-) Had a neighbor with chronic loud barking dogs, he would \shut them out on the lanai because they annoyed him while he shut his windows and stayed inside letting the dogs bark for hours bothering the rest of us, again police quickly put an end to this, threatened him with a fine, no more barking dogs :-)

Old 11-28-2012, 04:46 AM

199 posts, read 463,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
Coming from a individual from NH, you made a funny.
I'm here to stay.
EOR

BOP
Tolerance is a way of life. If you are a tolerant person you do not post here to try and get your problem resolved you work on it with the people involved.
Posting your "tolerance here" is an insult to tolerant people
For everyone who has had the intelligence and compassion to recognize that my complaint was valid and who took the time to offer their advice, I sincerely thank you, and I am happy to report that the problem has been resolved.

As for you, Equal - you are the epitome of hypocracy. You do NOTHING but insult people on this board, all day, every day. You NEVER offer any help or sound advice or even constructive criticism - just criticism. People don't like you, don't you get that? You have the emotional maturity of an 8 year old and you just love to throw around the word "Tolerant". Well, let me tell you something - you are no more TOLERANT than the rest of us. If you were, you would possess the wisdom to stay out of conversations where your ridiculous opinions are CLEARLY not welcome.

I've noticed that many threads on this board often wind up in a downward spiral between you and other members, and it always boils down to the same thing. People here think you're an idiot, plain and simple. I suspect you get a lot of that in your everyday life, which probably explains why you're such a little troll on this forum and take such immense delight in stirring the pot. This will be my last post regarding you because quite frankly you're not worth my time, although I am quite certain that you will post some insane retort because you always have to have the last word. Go nuts.

Last edited by Hemidancer; 11-28-2012 at 05:21 AM..

Old 11-28-2012, 05:22 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,420,010 times
Well said Hemidancer and glad you got the problem solved.....can you share your tactics with us for future use??
Do you happen to drive a "hemi" ? just curious

Old 11-28-2012, 05:29 AM

199 posts, read 463,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Well said Hemidancer and glad you got the problem solved.....can you share your tactics with us for future use??
Do you happen to drive a "hemi" ? just curious
LOL........no 'hemis' were necessary. I simply went over and knocked on the door. I was concerned at first because the only person home at the time was hispanic girl and she didn't speak English, however I am apparently better at charades than I realized, because I managed to get the point across, and all has been quiet ever since.

I received a lot of great information from this thread however, and if a similar problem arises in the future, I will be prepared to handle it.

BTW, I lived in NH for 18 years - one of the most beautiful places on earth. But not in the winter.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:43 PM

91 posts, read 183,883 times
Speaking of noise, Cape Harbour was REALLY blaring the music last night. We live about a half mile away and we could hear the music with all the windows and doors shut. First time that has ever happened. I can only imagine how loud it must of been in the Harbour square.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:02 PM

964 posts, read 1,840,513 times
An air horn?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area