Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 02:08 PM

6 posts, read 7,682 times

Advertisements

I moved here from Michigan..I went of internet and multiple phone conversations with apartment complex..I printed off all the information they advertise everyday on multiple sites.. Now that we are here most of amenities are down and have been for months...I also did not want incomes based..come to find out now that I am here..it was recently changed so mostly everyone here is income based..like hundreds of dollars less than what I pay..there. are a few statues they are not following I wrote a formal letter for those to be fixed..but I really picked here because of amenities...can they falsely advertise these amenities when they are down...plz any input is great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 06:06 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,440,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodare03 View Post
I moved here from Michigan..I went of internet and multiple phone conversations with apartment complex..I printed off all the information they advertise everyday on multiple sites.. Now that we are here most of amenities are down and have been for months...I also did not want incomes based..come to find out now that I am here..it was recently changed so mostly everyone here is income based..like hundreds of dollars less than what I pay..there. are a few statues they are not following I wrote a formal letter for those to be fixed..but I really picked here because of amenities...can they falsely advertise these amenities when they are down...plz any input is great
Did you rent before seeing it?

Old 12-18-2012, 08:56 PM

693 posts, read 2,003,551 times
Quote:
Did you sign a lease? By statues do you mean statutes or actual statues? I am really confused about what is happening here.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:49 AM

199 posts, read 563,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billythepokerkid View Post
Did you sign a lease? By statues do you mean statutes or actual statues? I am really confused about what is happening here.
Me too - how can an amenity be 'down '? What exactly are you referring to?

Old 12-19-2012, 04:07 AM

10,746 posts, read 25,858,805 times
Quote:

It sounds like they rented a place sight unseen here in Lee County. I'm assuming when they things are down, they are talking about hottub, pool, play area..etc.

The biggest red flaf is that the complex is income based...I'm again assuming they are somewhere here in Fort Myers ( Westwood or Westchase) that online shows a nice, clean updated complex. They dont' tell you when you're in the office that's income based. You find that out once you move in and realize you're living in the ghetto and all the best it has to offer. And the OP has to realize that not everyone in a complex pays the same rental rate.

their post is very hard to understand and I hope they come back and respond.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:56 PM

693 posts, read 2,003,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
It sounds like they rented a place sight unseen here in Lee County. I'm assuming when they things are down, they are talking about hottub, pool, play area..etc.

The biggest red flaf is that the complex is income based...I'm again assuming they are somewhere here in Fort Myers ( Westwood or Westchase) that online shows a nice, clean updated complex. They dont' tell you when you're in the office that's income based. You find that out once you move in and realize you're living in the ghetto and all the best it has to offer. And the OP has to realize that not everyone in a complex pays the same rental rate.

their post is very hard to understand and I hope they come back and respond.
Just another reason I tell everyone to come see the places for themselves before committing to a move, will they ever learn?

Old 12-20-2012, 03:45 AM

10,746 posts, read 25,858,805 times
Quote:
Just another reason I tell everyone to come see the places for themselves before committing to a move, will they ever learn?

Honestly? No, they won't. Not until they are stuck like this and then they act like they were taken advantage of.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:52 AM

199 posts, read 563,196 times
At the very least, the OP should have read a few reviews on the place by people who had lived there from a site such as apartmentratings.com. But to move from that far away based on what the rental office and the website tell you doesn't seem like a very solid plan to me. Like I've said before, you have to do your homework! I'm somewhat surprised at the number of people who just pick up and move down here with no job, no money and no plan, and sometimes not even a decent place to live, and then they seem surprised when things don't work out the way they expected.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:50 AM

6 posts, read 7,682 times
There were no reviews on apartment I looked.. as for job yes my husband works at a good job unfortunately we had to move to get kids in school.. just like ad reads pools..spa..resident activities...club house etc..are not open or working!! I only signed a 7 month lease and yes I am paying extra for it.I did the short lease because we wanted to make sure of area.. I asked about incomes based they told me No... As for the Florida statues it means city compliances.. that had 7 days to fix and they did not... I don't think I should have to pay as much as I do considering these things have been down since sept..

Old 12-20-2012, 10:16 AM

616 posts, read 1,558,372 times
Quote:
There were no reviews on apartment I looked.. as for job yes my husband works at a good job unfortunately we had to move to get kids in school.. just like ad reads pools..spa..resident activities...club house etc..are not open or working!! I only signed a 7 month lease and yes I am paying extra for it.I did the short lease because we wanted to make sure of area.. I asked about incomes based they told me No... As for the Florida statues it means city compliances.. that had 7 days to fix and they did not... I don't think I should have to pay as much as I do considering these things have been down since sept..
Would be better talking to either a lawyer or at least Legal Aid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area