U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-18-2012, 09:09 PM
 
4,166 posts, read 8,219,416 times
Reputation: 2415

Advertisements

Why would Cape Coral need a highway running through it when it was originally planned as a bedroom community? I dont think Cape was ever meant to overtake Fort Myers role as the main city even though it has a higher po0ulation. Cape is a residential community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-19-2012, 09:43 AM
 
1,299 posts, read 2,010,467 times
Reputation: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Why would Cape Coral need a highway running through it when it was originally planned as a bedroom community? I don't think Cape was ever meant to overtake Fort Myers role as the main city even though it has a higher po0ulation. Cape is a residential community.
Because it needs one, It will never function as a "bedroom community". It hasn't made it in 40 years, it will never become viable if it doesn't change. After 40 years that should be obvious to anyone. The people that were supposed to come here aren't going to, and the one's that are need jobs. The largest employer in Cape Crappy is the City of Cape Crappy. That is about the worst economic model any place can have.
120 square miles of retirement community is totally ludicrous and will never work. The people that dreamed up that pipe dream took the money and ran and left the mess behind.
Specially when there are an other 80 square miles out at Lehigh Acres.
Cape Crappy is a typical Florida Land manipulation scheme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2012, 09:54 AM
 
Location: The Conterminous United States
22,564 posts, read 48,714,045 times
Reputation: 13436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billythepokerkid View Post
There has never been an answer actually, just the question multiple times.
Actually, he has said that he prefers to stay in Cape Coral and change things. However, he also said that he doesn't want to do anything personally but that his complaining on City-Data will get things done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2012, 09:55 AM
 
Location: The Conterminous United States
22,564 posts, read 48,714,045 times
Reputation: 13436
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Lehigh Acres? You mean the ghetto-fabulous, gang-ridden outpost right next to the MAJOR HIGHWAY that goes all the way up to the Midwest but hasn't had any meaningful growth since it was "created" back in the 60s?
Can someone quote me so he can see this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2012, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Cape Coral
5,495 posts, read 6,361,710 times
Reputation: 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Can someone quote me so he can see this?
I would but I am on his ignore list also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2012, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
693 posts, read 1,776,206 times
Reputation: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Actually, he has said that he prefers to stay in Cape Coral and change things. However, he also said that he doesn't want to do anything personally but that his complaining on City-Data will get things done.
Wow, that's really amazing. He really is a hero of sorts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2012, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
693 posts, read 1,776,206 times
Reputation: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I would but I am on his ignore list also.

LOL that makes 3 of us!! haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2012, 02:43 PM
 
Location: The Conterminous United States
22,564 posts, read 48,714,045 times
Reputation: 13436
Those that don't listen to others never learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2012, 05:10 AM
 
Location: Cape Coral
319 posts, read 490,167 times
Reputation: 510
Equal,

You have quite the fan club. At the risk of pissing everyone off.

Burnt Store and Del Prado.

The CC master plan was for Major Industry to take up the land along 41.

The small businesses were to be on all of the major E to W and N to S cross roads, Del Prado, Santa Barbara, Chiquita. Parkway, Vetrans, Pine Island.

The rest, by design, was residential. Cape Coral was meant to be boating Community.

You maybe surprised at what will happen in the next 10 years.

The order of the day is Urban Sprawl. Sarasota to Nokomis, Tampa into Bradenton.

A major portion of the Fort Myers / Cape Coral economy is Naples.

We are experiencing Sprawl from Miami as well.

I am for Less Government, no argument, I have had a few years experience in major cities and industrial booms.

No matter what our City Council does, we will never be a Port City. If you look at true industry reliant cities they have port or rail systems that necessitate the highway infrastructure.

Atlanta had Rail before they had I85. Jacksonville & Miami had Rail and Sea Ports before I95. Tampa bay, rail before I 75.

A1A, 301, 41 were all horse trails before being state highways.

Cape Coral future is White Collar industries, brought here by subsidizing property and tangible taxes to the business owners for 10 years or more.

In short, to get us where you wants us to be, we are all going to pay through the nose for that kind of progress. Industries will come, as California , New York, MA and PA continue to loose their minds, Florida will look better everyday.

One other thing that occurred to me, Hurricanes. Charlie scared the POOP out of several businesses who were considering CC before the bubble broke.

Our other deliema is population, as you pointed out, we have a retirement centric Demo. Where are the workers that Abla Englas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2012, 08:22 AM
 
1,299 posts, read 2,010,467 times
Reputation: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugManTPC View Post
Equal,

You have quite the fan club. At the risk of pissing everyone off.

Burnt Store and Del Prado.

The CC master plan was for Major Industry to take up the land along 41.

The small businesses were to be on all of the major E to W and N to S cross roads, Del Prado, Santa Barbara, Chiquita. Parkway, Vetrans, Pine Island.

The rest, by design, was residential. Cape Coral was meant to be boating Community.

You maybe surprised at what will happen in the next 10 years.

The order of the day is Urban Sprawl. Sarasota to Nokomis, Tampa into Bradenton.

A major portion of the Fort Myers / Cape Coral economy is Naples.

We are experiencing Sprawl from Miami as well.

I am for Less Government, no argument, I have had a few years experience in major cities and industrial booms.

No matter what our City Council does, we will never be a Port City. If you look at true industry reliant cities they have port or rail systems that necessitate the highway infrastructure.

Atlanta had Rail before they had I85. Jacksonville & Miami had Rail and Sea Ports before I95. Tampa bay, rail before I 75.

A1A, 301, 41 were all horse trails before being state highways.

Cape Coral future is White Collar industries, brought here by subsidizing property and tangible taxes to the business owners for 10 years or more.

In short, to get us where you wants us to be, we are all going to pay through the nose for that kind of progress. Industries will come, as California , New York, MA and PA continue to loose their minds, Florida will look better everyday.

One other thing that occurred to me, Hurricanes. Charlie scared the POOP out of several businesses who were considering CC before the bubble broke.

Our other deliema is population, as you pointed out, we have a retirement centric Demo. Where are the workers that Abla Englas?
Yeah isn't it funny.
They are also all on my ignore list, and what is even stranger They know it.
I really can't figure out why they direct posts toward me when they know that I don't read theirs. But what ever, it's their life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:10 PM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top