Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 02:33 PM

71 posts, read 105,280 times

Advertisements

Prices go up really hard, i was in the cape to buy a house in the 2011, unfortunately my plot in my home country was not sold quick enough, even there where some troubles so that made that i should wait before i could sell. This resulted in missing the boat to buy in the Cape. There was a house in which i was interested for 116000 (33914), the house would be sold to day for 189000. This makes me very upset, i missed a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy a house in Florida.

Now, i think that i don't want to buy anymore because with the spike we see now, i think it will stop rising, if it will rising the way that they are increasing now, there will be a short bubble, according to this short bubble there will follow a small correction. After that prices will go up again but slower.

One thing that makes me nervous about buying in the States is the high government debt. I think this will result in new taxes, middle class has always to pay for it.

Equal his problem is that he lives in the north, if he had bought a home in the south western part near eldorado and cape harbor, he should be more happy with his purchase. I also wonder why new build homes are costing 300000$ against 2006 (which are recent) homes for 200000$.

May be i will find a bargain, and if i will i shall not hesitate to buy. Even it is an old home, remodeling can do some wonders as well. I hope to be back in the cape in may. In one year and a half, prices increased really much. May be a correction should be good for the market. I hope this is not wish full thinking.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:46 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet84 View Post
Prices go up really hard, i was in the cape to buy a house in the 2011, unfortunately my plot in my home country was not sold quick enough, even there where some troubles so that made that i should wait before i could sell. This resulted in missing the boat to buy in the Cape. There was a house in which i was interested for 116000 (33914), the house would be sold to day for 189000. This makes me very upset, i missed a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy a house in Florida.

Now, i think that i don't want to buy anymore because with the spike we see now, i think it will stop rising, if it will rising the way that they are increasing now, there will be a short bubble, according to this short bubble there will follow a small correction. After that prices will go up again but slower.

One thing that makes me nervous about buying in the States is the high government debt. I think this will result in new taxes, middle class has always to pay for it.

Equal his problem is that he lives in the north, if he had bought a home in the south western part near eldorado and cape harbor, he should be more happy with his purchase. I also wonder why new build homes are costing 300000$ against 2006 (which are recent) homes for 200000$.

May be i will find a bargain, and if i will i shall not hesitate to buy. Even it is an old home, remodeling can do some wonders as well. I hope to be back in the cape in may. In one year and a half, prices increased really much. May be a correction should be good for the market. I hope this is not wish full thinking.
You got that all wrong,
I am not unhappy with my purchase because of the location.
The problem here is that first of all this is one of the largest cities (land area wise) in the country.
And they left no room at all for jobs, transportation infrastructure, Hwy's, rail etc,
And the people that are running this city are morons, This City has existed for 40 yr.'s and it hasn't even got water in the ground.
Can you imagine any other large city in the world without highways or rail or water in the ground,-other then Calcutta, this place would look just like a city in India if it were at full capacity.
Now there are less then 160,000 people living here, if it were three times that number it would be a cesspit with no way to get around
Imagine a place like Atlanta and no Freeways, or any other place in this country for that matter, until this place gets fixed they wont attract any business.

And all the morons do is waste money and pat themselves on the back about how much they accomplish.

Like the wonderful beach the put in on the boat canal thoroughfare. Or the money they misappropriated from the storm water management fee's and did a land grab. Instead of using that money for storm water management and fixing the drains so the streets don't flood when we get heavy rain.

If there ever was a village look for their idiots it is this place, and it is not going to get better.
They are just waiting for the next flood of sucker to come along to buy in to their pipe dream.
The only question is are you going to be one of them? One thing is for sure you or anybody else that reads my posts can't claim that they were not warned.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:32 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
You got that all wrong,
I am not unhappy with my purchase because of the location.
The problem here is that first of all this is one of the largest cities (land area wise) in the country.
And they left no room at all for jobs, transportation infrastructure, Hwy's, rail etc,
And the people that are running this city are morons, This City has existed for 40 yr.'s and it hasn't even got water in the ground.
Can you imagine any other large city in the world without highways or rail or water in the ground,-other then Calcutta, this place would look just like a city in India if it were at full capacity.
Now there are less then 160,000 people living here, if it were three times that number it would be a cesspit with no way to get around
Imagine a place like Atlanta and no Freeways, or any other place in this country for that matter, until this place gets fixed they wont attract any business.

And all the morons do is waste money and pat themselves on the back about how much they accomplish.

Like the wonderful beach the put in on the boat canal thoroughfare. Or the money they misappropriated from the storm water management fee's and did a land grab. Instead of using that money for storm water management and fixing the drains so the streets don't flood when we get heavy rain.

If there ever was a village look for their idiots it is this place, and it is not going to get better.
They are just waiting for the next flood of sucker to come along to buy in to their pipe dream.
The only question is are you going to be one of them? One thing is for sure you or anybody else that reads my posts can't claim that they were not warned.
You have been warning of lower prices for four years, and have been wrong for four years.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:

The home you were interested in had a very unusual price increase for that period of time. You can find homes that have not spiked that much. I think prices over shot on the downside around 2009. We are reaching equilibrium now and should have a sustainable growth in prices from here. You are correct about the overspending government costing the middle class. It has already started with tax increases in January. That is only the beginning.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:10 AM

At equal:

No offense, but if you live there almost 4 years in the Cape and you it isn't please you, why you don't try to sell your home before the prices begin to decrease. You have done a good opportunity i think so why you don't try that? If you don't like the Cape, may be other places will please you. Or try to buy something in the
south of the Cape near the pkwy, although near to mc cregor so that you can go out driving to the 75 with
living in a better area.

I can understand your frustration about the lack of job opportunities and a highway, but 40 years of existing
isn,t that long. This is a city mostly made for people who want to retire, people who cherish the life here.
This people love it that they are on a place without any highway. Also, this is more a holiday destination.
With all the houses sold in the 4 years until now, there are many of them just to rent out to people.
I think you can't do that in Atlanta.

At rikoshaprl:

It is damn hard to find good opportunities in this price range. Mostly of them need a lot of remodeling or
changes. I keep my eyes open and hopefully before the month of may i can find a house there.
But buying something that increased that much is asking for trouble on a short time.
Actually the best thing i could do imo is to buy a lot and find a good constructer.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:51 AM

I think the median price of a CC home is about $132,000 now. I doubt you can buy a lot and build a new home for less then what it would cost to buy a home and remodel it. Plus you would have impact fees and higher property taxes with a new home. Considering the median price for a CC home at the peak of the market was around $290,000, it doesn't seem like a big risk to buy at these prices.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:37 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,506 times
[quote=wallstreet84;27863417]At equal:

but 40 years of existing
isn,t that long. This is a city mostly made for people who want to retire, people who cherish the life here.

Really,,,,- forty years of a problem staring the local government in the face isn't that long
How long do you think they should have, 80, 120, 240 yrs.
It is people that think like that that are a major cause for it being that way.
Let me help you with this.
120 square miles of city and not a single Freeway, no room for rail,Total idiocy but since this is SWFL maybe they could build a tunnel, remember to drain the gulf first though otherwise it could be messy ]

I don't know where this kind of total lack of reality comes from but it is obvious, that some people need a major reality check.
Cherish the life here, give me a break and get a return ticket from LALALAND.
You are really reaching in to the twilight zone with this one
Unless you are making a funny and I just didn't get it

Old 01-21-2013, 02:45 PM

I have some question about buying a house, i prefer to live near cape harbor or at least near to the cape coral pkwy. I know finding homes will be not that easy, especially in this well desired region.

So about buying a home over there, some or more than 25 years old, is it a risk to buy a home with that age?

About foreclosures, how much do you have to pay for making an offer? Is it a risk to bid the same price as the value price? It's totally new for me, so i don't know anything about it.

If it is not possible to find a pleasing a home, is it a risk to buy one in the north? I saw many nice homes, compatible with the homes you could find 3 years a goo in the sw region. I know there is a fee that you need to pay in the future (approximately 20000$).

What are the best websites to search for property?
Are there other good or may be better places (cheaper prices) than cape coral?

Thank you all

Old 01-21-2013, 07:44 PM

158 posts, read 381,624 times
Quote:
So about buying a home over there, some or more than 25 years old, is it a risk to buy a home with that age?
Not necessarily, just make sure you have a good inspection done. The only issue that may come up is when trying to get insurance--the older the home, the harder to get insurance in some cases.

Quote:
About foreclosures, how much do you have to pay for making an offer? Is it a risk to bid the same price as the value price? It's totally new for me, so i don't know anything about it.
You need to stay away from foreclosures unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Quote:
If it is not possible to find a pleasing a home, is it a risk to buy one in the north? I saw many nice homes, compatible with the homes you could find 3 years a goo in the sw region. I know there is a fee that you need to pay in the future (approximately 20000$).
Some people love the north but you may have to pay the assessments if the property doesn't have city services.

Quote:
I think you need a good real estate agent to help you find the right property--trying to do it by looking at websites isn't enough.

I don't think there is a better place than Cape Coral if you want affordability--especially if you want to have some access to the canals.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
I have some question about buying a house, i prefer to live near cape harbor or at least near to the cape coral pkwy. I know finding homes will be not that easy, especially in this well desired region.

Thank you all
Be careful, some of the areas near CC Pkwy are not the most desirable.
I think some older homes are built better than the newer ones although they probably would need remodeling. Insurance will be more but if the home has a hip roof and protection for the windows a wind mitigation survey can reduce the cost substantially.
The NW has some nice areas but They are not that cheap. Try Welcome to Listingbook.com
Also, for a very rough idea of value and trends try Real Estate, Homes for Sale, Recent Sales, Apartment Rentals - Zillow Many will say Zillow is useless but I think it can be a good tool. Also try Lee County Property Line for appraised values for tax purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area