Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 11:31 AM

254 posts, read 433,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1296426 View Post
It is in the Southwest part of the state (especially considering the developments in Florida) but it's not Truly, Southwest... it's more like central-southwest, ish. True Southwest would be inland Monroe County, etc.
This makes no sense.

Southern half of Florida. West Coast. Makes for SWFL.

Furthermore, inland Monroe county. That's just south Florida. I suppose you could call the "upper left corner of Monroe" a part of SWFL if you wanted to stretch it. But from Collier county I'd say it goes all the way to north of Bradenton. Curious, why would you exclude the west coast (mainland) of Monroe county in your assessment? What do you call the mainland coast of Monroe county?

Perhaps we should ask them to change the name of our airport. Regional SouthWest (now renamed Southwest Florida Regional Airport) airport may have some people thinking they're flying in next to Miami!

Old 01-08-2013, 11:33 AM

199 posts, read 567,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1296426 View Post
It is in the Southwest part of the state (especially considering the developments in Florida) but it's not Truly, Southwest... it's more like central-southwest, ish. True Southwest would be inland Monroe County, etc.
Monroe County is only one tiny little fraction of the Southwest area of the State of Florida. That's like saying that the Southwest area of the United States is comprised of Tucson, Arizona.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:46 AM

693 posts, read 2,012,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemidancer View Post
Monroe County is only one tiny little fraction of the Southwest area of the State of Florida. That's like saying that the Southwest area of the United States is comprised of Tucson, Arizona.
haha

Old 01-17-2013, 10:49 AM

94 posts, read 200,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisDaMenace View Post
It's six bucks to keep the riff raff off the island..

...and that's a GOOD thing!

Old 01-18-2013, 06:49 AM

4 posts, read 6,792 times
That's why I prefer Fort Myers Beach. Same sugar white sand and sun but no toll....

Old 01-18-2013, 08:44 AM

964 posts, read 2,064,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kit-cat12 View Post
That's why I prefer Fort Myers Beach. Same sugar white sand and sun but no toll....
Oh, but the environment is apples and oranges in difference.....kind of like Wildwood NJ versus Martha's Vineyard.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:08 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Quote:
I agree. We stayed at FMB for two weeks in early December and we thought it was wonderful. The many people we talked to were having a wonderful time.

We stayed in a condo about a half mile from the bridge to Lovers Key. The beach in front of the condo was absolutely beautiful with lots of wildlife. On several mornings, we would walk/wade along the beach up to the Outrigger Motel where they had great breakfasts.

One day we parked near Times Square, took the trolley to Bowditch Point, and then walked along the beach back to the pier. Absolutely beautiful. Thinking back, we had every meal sitting outside - Parrot Key, Nervous Nellies, the Italian place at Times Square, Junkanoos, plus several other places. Another day we went for a long walk on the sandbar at Bunche beach.

We went to Sanibel a couple times and thoroughly enjoyed Ding Darling and Tarpon Bay and going for a long bike ride, but Bowmans Beach didn't do it for us. I would not go back.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I agree. We stayed at FMB for two weeks in early December and we thought it was wonderful. The many people we talked to were having a wonderful time.

We stayed in a condo about a half mile from the bridge to Lovers Key. The beach in front of the condo was absolutely beautiful with lots of wildlife. On several mornings, we would walk/wade along the beach up to the Outrigger Motel where they had great breakfasts.

One day we parked near Times Square, took the trolley to Bowditch Point, and then walked along the beach back to the pier. Absolutely beautiful. Thinking back, we had every meal sitting outside - Parrot Key, Nervous Nellies, the Italian place at Times Square, Junkanoos, plus several other places. Another day we went for a long walk on the sandbar at Bunche beach.

We went to Sanibel a couple times and thoroughly enjoyed Ding Darling and Tarpon Bay and going for a long bike ride, but Bowmans Beach didn't do it for us. I would not go back.
As much as I love FMB, there is no comparison to Sanibel. Bowmans Beach didn't do it for you? Unfortunately for the people that live out there and the people that love going out there the rest of the free world disagrees with you.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
But you can pay upwards of $15 a day to park out there. The only similarities between FMB and Sanibel is that they are both in Lee County, Florida, everything else is light years apart.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:52 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Plus, Fort Myers Beach has more places to eat along the water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area