U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 08:45 PM

22,564 posts, read 48,706,618 times

Advertisements

From the article I posted, earlier.

"In Lehigh

The Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers is seeking information on the death of 26-year-old Gregory C. Mathews, whose body was discovered on Christmas Eve in Lehigh Acres. He was unincorporated Lee County’s 21st homicide of the year."

Old 01-01-2013, 10:42 PM

5,495 posts, read 6,360,397 times
Even in Fort Myers, if you are not buying drugs or illegal guns there is very little chance of being murdered. Then if you stay out of the ghetto your chances are reduced even further. Every city (except maybe Cape Coral) has places that are high crime and should be avoided.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:45 AM

374 posts, read 698,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
From the article I posted, earlier.

"In Lehigh

The Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers is seeking information on the death of 26-year-old Gregory C. Mathews, whose body was discovered on Christmas Eve in Lehigh Acres. He was unincorporated Lee County’s 21st homicide of the year."
OMG... 21 murders in Lehigh Acres alone???

Old 01-02-2013, 08:54 AM

616 posts, read 1,390,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Paradise View Post
No. Lee County.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:22 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,420,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Even in Fort Myers, if you are not buying drugs or illegal guns there is very little chance of being murdered. Then if you stay out of the ghetto your chances are reduced even further. Every city (except maybe Cape Coral) has places that are high crime and should be avoided.
Very true.......violent crimes against strangers are very rare even in Ft Myers.There is little chance that you'll have any problems unless you be thuggin',looking for ho's,drugs or commiting a crime.Also,probably wise to stay out of the hood at night.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 AM

22,564 posts, read 48,706,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Paradise View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stahltkd View Post
No. Lee County.
It said unincorporated Lee County, so not Lee County, no. I take that to mean Estero, Lehigh...Not that there are a lot of murders in Estero.

I suspect I could Google and found out specifically more info but I'm at work and don't have the time.

Most murders take place amongst the drug and criminal faction. However, there are a lot of home invasions, robberies at shopping parking lots. Those are what should worry the average, law-abiding person.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:25 PM

374 posts, read 698,359 times
Quote:
It said unincorporated Lee County, so not Lee County, no. I take that to mean Estero, Lehigh...Not that there are a lot of murders in Estero.

I suspect I could Google and found out specifically more info but I'm at work and don't have the time.

Most murders take place amongst the drug and criminal faction. However, there are a lot of home invasions, robberies at shopping parking lots. Those are what should worry the average, law-abiding person.
I know Ft. Myers has 23 murders this year. I could see how Lehigh could have had 20 more.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:

Been researching - only thing I can find is the 24 in Fort Myers. My personal belief is that its the "wonderful" news reporting done by News-press (which I'm sure you agree does wonderful reporting).

Old 01-02-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahltkd View Post
Been researching - only thing I can find is the 24 in Fort Myers. My personal belief is that its the "wonderful" news reporting done by News-press (which I'm sure you agree does wonderful reporting).
I stand corrected - http://www.news-press.com/article/20...s-police-chief

"Homicides in Lee County were up in 2012 over 2011 as well, according to the sheriff’s office. Deputies responded to 21 homicides and arrested nine suspects in 2012. In 2011, deputies responded to 17 homicides and arrested six suspects"

But - here's a list of unincorporated Lee county:

Unincorporated Cities in Lee County

Alva
Boca Grande
Bokeelia
Buckingham
Burnt Store Marina
Captiva
Charleston Park
Cypress Lake
East Dunbar
Estero
Fort Myers Shores
Gateway
Harlem Heights
Iona
Lehigh Acres
Lochmoor Waterway Estates
Matlacha (on Matlacha Island)
Matlacha Isles-Matlacha Shores
McGregor
North Fort Myers
Olga
Page Park
Palmona Park
Pine Island Center
Pine Manor
Pineland (on Pine Island)
Punta Rassa
San Carlos Park
South Fort Myers
St. James City
Suncoast Estates
Three Oaks
Tice
Villas
Whiskey Creek

Old 01-02-2013, 06:26 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,010,013 times
here is some thing I found. kinda surprising considering the bad rap NFM gets.
Rank #370 North Fort Myers, Florida
Rank #523 Fort Myers, Florida

From wikipedia, if that info is correct
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area