U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 02:57 PM

71 posts, read 94,237 times

Advertisements

You should take a look at paris and Brussels, Cape Coral is a paradise then. I live near a city where i am not welcome anymore because i am Christian. I want to escape to the cape as soon as i can.

Take a look at London as well, search on you tube to muslim patrolling the streets in London.
When i was in the Cape, i felt like wow, back in the normal world. FM has some bad areas that s true, that s why i prefer the Cape.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:55 AM

5,495 posts, read 6,320,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet84 View Post
You should take a look at paris and Brussels, Cape Coral is a paradise then. I live near a city where i am not welcome anymore because i am Christian. I want to escape to the cape as soon as i can.

Take a look at London as well, search on you tube to muslim patrolling the streets in London.
When i was in the Cape, i felt like wow, back in the normal world. FM has some bad areas that s true, that s why i prefer the Cape.
If we can only keep our city (and country) from going in the same direction as Europe we can keep it as a better place to live.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:46 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,399,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet84 View Post

That diversity worked out well in Europe,didn't it?

Old 01-25-2013, 04:28 PM

38 posts, read 115,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1296426 View Post
I never said I had statistics so why are you assuming or expecting so much?

Haven't you ever learned to not trust .com websites for info? Have you ever been to college before?

What's this about imagination? No one ever brought imagination other than you.
This is a '.com' Website, right? Are you implying not to trust you?

Old 01-25-2013, 06:19 PM

199 posts, read 458,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wack-a-Mole View Post
This is a '.com' Website, right? Are you implying not to trust you?
Apparently not - this OP was bounced off the forum, probably due to the very inflammatory nature of the majority of his/her posts. I think he/she was just trolling.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 AM

20 posts, read 51,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemidancer View Post
Apparently not - this OP was bounced off the forum, probably due to the very inflammatory nature of the majority of his/her posts. I think he/she was just trolling.
No im just calling a spade a spade. I just thinks its ridiculous that small city has this much crime in some some areas.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:59 AM

199 posts, read 458,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL239 View Post
No im just calling a spade a spade. I just thinks its ridiculous that small city has this much crime in some some areas.
Sorry SWFL239, I wasn't referring to you - I was commenting on the person whom Wack-a-Mole had quoted. That person was apparently a troll who dropped a few very controversial bombs in several threads and then just disappeared off the forum.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:21 PM

14,267 posts, read 16,472,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL239 View Post
Instead of "why is Fort Myers such a ghetto?" maybe the topic should be "why are there so many racists living in SWFL?"

Old 02-01-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
If we can only keep our city (and country) from going in the same direction as Europe we can keep it as a better place to live.
Oh, please. Did you also feel that way when the Irish moved here? How about the Jews? This is from Haaretz, a newspaper in Israel. Even they aren't as paranoid as the right wing extremists in this country.

"Muslims in Europe are only at the beginning of the process of forming a self-defined identity in Europe, but the process has started and it is up to us, amongst others, to show them our support."

[url]http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/the-quiet-muslim-revolution-in-europe-1.469195[/url]

I'm not naive and realize there are extremists, but did you feel the same way toward Catholics when Timothy McVeigh bombed the Federal Building in Oklahoma? Was the mass murder in Aurora committed by a Muslim? What about the massacre in Newtown? Was that carried out by religious fanatics? Imagine if the shooters were Muslims or Blacks. Nobody would be calling Adam Lanza "mentally unstable." If he were Muslim, the conservative media would probably report the shootings as terrorist attacks on American children. If he were Black and from a poor neighborhood, he would be called a thug from a home without a father.

The way to keep our neighborhoods safe is to be good neighbors.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Of course anything that is produced by the government we can trust, like the census.
Although I also question its inaccuracy, I don't think it has anything to do with deceptive practices, certainly not like the process of redistricting. Since there are millions of undocumented immigrants living here, the government obviously does a poor job of keeping track of people. In fact, I'm surprised the Census is still taken only every 10 years.

By the way, you do realize that taking a census has been around since before Christ was born, right? The U.S. Census is in the Constitution. It was originally to empower the people to make sure every citizen was counted. There is a census taken in many countries. Although we probably can get fairly accurate data from birth and death certificates, people move around a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area