U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-04-2013, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Cape Coral, FL
154 posts, read 317,271 times
Reputation: 132

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
If you would of read my post you would of been able to tell that I moved over a year ago. I am in northern arizona right now and possibly heading to alaska next. I have lived in 4 different states since I left. Go to the montana forum or colorado forum and see how many "rants" you find there. Zero? Maybe if there is so many of them about one specific area that there is a shred of truth to them? I still have family ties in fort myers is the only reason I check the forum from time to time. Plus you can get fairly bored when you have a 4 hour layover. The thread was directed at families and if I made even one person second guess their decision to move their kids to fort myers than i succeeded. It was not a florida itself bashing at all. Heck check out North port or Wesley Chapel outside of Tampa. Two very nice places. If you want the above problems and think there is no truth to what say, stay in Fort Myers. I am sure glad I was able to get out of there. This is a relocation forum no? Shouldn't both sides of the story be told? Or is this the tourism office forum and we just tell people how there is nothing but a sunny tropical paradise with no drugs and a great community feel?
First of all, thank you for leaving, and best of luck in your new home!

I did do a quick check of the (Missoula)Montana forum and immediately found the following two posts which indicated there had been a number of negative things talked about:

  • "Considering how many cons have been posted on City Data I would probably conclude there aren't a whole lot of pros."
  • "So much unwarranted negativity."
So apparently they have their share or ranters also.

Obviously you can say what you want I just don't understand why someone would take the time to run down a city they live in or even, in your case, one you don't live in.

No place is perfect, but I find Cape Coral about as perfect as it gets...cheap housing, great weather, low crime, low real estate taxes and no state income taxes, doctors on every corner, able to buy Scotch on a Sunday morning, and the list goes on....

 
Old 01-04-2013, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Back and Beyond
2,989 posts, read 3,122,525 times
Reputation: 7103
Yeah you would think huh? I am on my mobile phone typing and it is a little hard to see more than half the screen at a time. You also realized there is a shred of truth to what I am saying and struck a nerve with you because you have a lot invested in the area. Let me guess you are middle aged, overweight, and play poker all day on the computer while you are not busy defending the great city of cape coral. Also your reasoning is flawed when you mention that fort myers is better than other places so that makes it heaven on earth. Nowhere did I mention that Detroit or Newark were better than Fort Myers. Just because Detroit is better than Syria should you live there? That makes no sense. I was trying to focus this thread towards families who move here because they think it is heaven on earth because of the weather. They don't move here with a job with boeing or apple. Then they have to fight for service industry jobs with everyone else. Also most of the transplants aren't moving from inner city Detroit or the ghetto of Newark. No they are from smaller midwest towns. I will let you get back to your poker game name billythepokerkid. Enjoy your fine city of Cape Coral and all it has to offer.
 
Old 01-04-2013, 08:58 AM
 
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
693 posts, read 1,776,206 times
Reputation: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Yeah you would think huh? I am on my mobile phone typing and it is a little hard to see more than half the screen at a time. You also realized there is a shred of truth to what I am saying and struck a nerve with you because you have a lot invested in the area. Let me guess you are middle aged, overweight, and play poker all day on the computer while you are not busy defending the great city of cape coral. Also your reasoning is flawed when you mention that fort myers is better than other places so that makes it heaven on earth. Nowhere did I mention that Detroit or Newark were better than Fort Myers. Just because Detroit is better than Syria should you live there? That makes no sense. I was trying to focus this thread towards families who move here because they think it is heaven on earth because of the weather. They don't move here with a job with boeing or apple. Then they have to fight for service industry jobs with everyone else. Also most of the transplants aren't moving from inner city Detroit or the ghetto of Newark. No they are from smaller midwest towns. I will let you get back to your poker game name billythepokerkid. Enjoy your fine city of Cape Coral and all it has to offer.
You struck no nerve, I couldn't care any less what your opinion of the place is, I just want to make sure everyone gets a fair shake and doesn't make an assessment based on one person that has a bad attitude. Middle aged? Wrong. Overweight? Wrong. Play poker on the internet? Isn't that illegal now? Wrong again. I don't have a ton invested in really anything to be honest, except time. My reasoning is flawed because people are moving here because it is a MUCH better place for their families than were they are living now? That must be that college education at work again. They are moving from these places, that is the point. When my family moved here they came from Roseland on the South side of Chicago, my neighbor was raised a block from Cass Corridor in Detroit, another friend of mine was raised in Blue Hill in Boston, if you don't know these areas, look them up. People are moving here for a better life for them and their families, whether you believe that or not is irrelevant.
 
Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Meredith NH
1,563 posts, read 2,420,693 times
Reputation: 2868
A lot of truth in that post,Traveler....especially about HOA board members that are overwhelmed with a sense of self importance and seem to dedicate their lives to overseeing every little detail in other peoples lives.
I do take issue with you, though,about "rich and older" people not wanting to bother to have common working families as,as you call them,as neighbors.Actually,all of those rich older people WERE common working people until they,saved,got older and retired.Our street is a mix of both and we compliment each other.....we all hang out together and help each other out.
 
Old 01-04-2013, 11:25 AM
 
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
693 posts, read 1,776,206 times
Reputation: 365
Wow you are really an amazing specimen, your parents must be amazingly proud of all your accomplishments or lack there of. Congrats on successively becoming by far the most ignorant, incomprehensible person to grace this forum, next to you Equal is nothing short of a genius. When done sir! Well done!

Last edited by Sunscape; 01-04-2013 at 11:21 PM..
 
Old 01-04-2013, 11:58 AM
 
85 posts, read 141,669 times
Reputation: 107
Maybe kc is a budding politician. A lot of repetitive talk, denial and attack without attempting to solve anything. Wonder if he/she will tone down when school starts again? There, but for the grace of God.....
 
Old 01-04-2013, 12:01 PM
 
29 posts, read 50,329 times
Reputation: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldkiss View Post
Maybe kc is a budding politician. A lot of repetitive talk, denial and attack without attempting to solve anything. Wonder if he/she will tone down when school starts again? There, but for the grace of God.....
What am I denying? And what am I trying to solve? Explain to me, please.
 
Old 01-04-2013, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Cape Coral, FL USA
616 posts, read 1,391,028 times
Reputation: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1296426 View Post
I could attack your grammar and start to say that equal shouldn't be capitalized, and other noticeable grammar problems in your post, but I'd rather not, because I'm not an immature ****** like you.
Actually, "Equal" should be capitalized. He's referring to Equalrightsforeveryone - a "person" whom posts negativity on this forum.
 
Old 01-04-2013, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Cape Coral, FL
964 posts, read 1,840,853 times
Reputation: 589
Boy, this thread is a perfect example of how far this forum has fallen. The level of sarcasm and disrespect is shocking. Those with agendas targeted at badmouthing the area for absolutely no reason appear to be multiplying!

Where on earth is the moderator?!
 
Old 01-04-2013, 07:40 PM
 
Location: Cape Coral, FL
154 posts, read 317,271 times
Reputation: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmack View Post
Boy, this thread is a perfect example of how far this forum has fallen. The level of sarcasm and disrespect is shocking. Those with agendas targeted at badmouthing the area for absolutely no reason appear to be multiplying!

Where on earth is the moderator?!

Look at the latest threads:

  • Why Fort Myers / Lee county is a HORRIBLE place to raise a family
  • Snobs, In-sincere, & rude people?
  • Why is Fort Myers such a ghetto
I don't know if the people who start these threads are trolls or are simply miserable failures with nothing better to do. Even the good threads always have the malcontents who never let a chance go by to say something negative.

I've seen it on one forum where the moderator set up a special category for negative threads so that the people interested in the positive threads could easily avoid all the naysayers and their trash talk--maybe it's time for that to be done here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:29 PM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top