U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 03:25 PM

23,533 posts, read 12,190,605 times

Advertisements

Best water I ever tasted was in South Dakota..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 05:10 PM

6,334 posts, read 3,557,424 times
Hmm... City Water is heavily processed and includes yummy fluoride but it shouldn't smell like sulfur. Back in "the day" we looked at buying in the "rural" areas of CC and Lehigh but 100% were on well water which was a deal breaker. The aquifer in FL has a ton of limestone to filter out impurities but depending upon the depth they drill it has a ton of sulfur and higher salinity content.

Growing up on Sanibel we had good water (relatively to CC) that came from the reverse osmosis plant. All of the places we lived in CC and FTM a water filter was a requirement and the water was passable at best.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:51 PM

5,495 posts, read 6,360,397 times
Cape Coral also has reverse osmosis water treatment plants. I still put another reverse osmosis filter system on my drinking water. It tastes fine to me.
Water Production Division

Old 06-29-2015, 04:44 PM

1 posts, read 790 times
I moved to Florida two months ago from Connecticut. The water here in Mayport is the most disgusting and foul smelling water I have ever tasted/bathed in. Myself and my two chihuahuas will only drink bottled spring water. You're either use to the Florida water or you do not know the difference between good,clean water and the crap Florida calls water. That's a fact...Florida is on the environmental list as 10 of the worse drinking water in the USA. I won't be drinking it,nor will my dogs.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:37 PM

1,707 posts, read 1,262,491 times
Well, this is a little bit related to the thread topic, but sure to give everyone a laugh....or a reason to scratch your head. Don't miss the written summary at the end....stand up for your water rights!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_c6HsiixFS8&feature

Old 06-29-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joylukenoah View Post
I moved to Florida two months ago from Connecticut. The water here in Mayport is the most disgusting and foul smelling water I have ever tasted/bathed in. Myself and my two chihuahuas will only drink bottled spring water. You're either use to the Florida water or you do not know the difference between good,clean water and the crap Florida calls water. That's a fact...Florida is on the environmental list as 10 of the worse drinking water in the USA. I won't be drinking it,nor will my dogs.
Cape Coral drinking water tests favorably as compared to the top 25% of large cities:
EWG Tap Water Database 2009

However you are right about Mayport. It has some serious problems. I'm assuming you are on the Naval base:
EWG Tap Water Database 2009

This is the latest info I could find unfortunately.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:18 AM

9,441 posts, read 20,731,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joylukenoah View Post

as long as you aren't using the water machines in the grocery store you should be fine. Those machines are hooked up to city water and yet people think they are getting Grade A drinking water.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:14 AM

390 posts, read 433,795 times
The machines dispense water that's been through a reverse osmosis system. Unless they're being poorly maintained, it should be very good.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:20 AM

5,579 posts, read 6,522,689 times
Yep, I noticed bad water when I moved here 24 years ago. Very rarely will I cook with it. Only use distilled water to cook, make coffee, or put in the radiator of the car or truck.

The sedimentary content of the local water destroys most of what it is used on regularly.

Stainless flatware will rust, dishes, and cups are heavily spotted. True if it is well (worst) or city water supply (notably better, but still not to good). The best water I've found seems to the city stuff supplied in N Ft. Myers (Lee county utilities). It hasn't turned my hand can opener into a ball of rust in over a year now. The same can opener in Estero is rusted, and corroded in a matter of weeks.

CN.......

Old 06-30-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlking58 View Post
Well, this is a little bit related to the thread topic, but sure to give everyone a laugh....or a reason to scratch your head. Don't miss the written summary at the end....stand up for your water rights!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_c6HsiixFS8&feature
She may well be head of the EPA today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area