U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 10:21 AM

3 posts, read 5,042 times

Advertisements

im looking to purchase an adult community home in leigh acres the complex is really nice on a golf course and now reading this blog people say stay out ? Help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 11:03 AM

95 posts, read 177,958 times
We moved to Lehigh from Ohio 18 months ago and never had a problem are neighbors are nice all hard working. Shopping is near us we can get to the beaches in about 30 min we like it here. Yes there may be crime but it's everywhere. The Airport is about 15 min away, Germain Arena is 15 minutes which we are Florida Everglades fans. The Red Socks stadium and Hammond Stadium are also within a 20 minute drive. So what I'm trying to say is you do have access to all the stuff Fort Myers offers.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:02 PM

21 posts, read 40,708 times
Golf course communities such as Westminster and Copper Head are nice and pretty safe. The area directly outside of Westminster is "The Hood". The worst area of Lehigh. I'd tell my family STAY AWAY at all costs. Much nicer and safer areas elsewhere. Gateway is close to Lehigh and much nicer. Remember this…….the news only reports 10% of the crime that actually happens in Lehigh. It's much worse than most people know.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:04 PM

23 posts, read 56,692 times
You couldn't pay me to live in Lehigh,years back I thought it was nice but then it was invaded and now is pretty crappy.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:45 AM

23,533 posts, read 12,194,683 times
I really don't mind the good people moving into Lehigh Acres... it will change the town.. more good people , less bad people in the region.. the bad people can travel and go and steal in Cape Coral and Ft Myers.

I hate to see any town fill up with bad people.. we need the good people to move in , pushing out the bad..hope Lehigh Acres becomes a great place to live with more good than bad.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:16 AM

9,441 posts, read 20,740,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I really don't mind the good people moving into Lehigh Acres... it will change the town.. more good people , less bad people in the region.. the bad people can travel and go and steal in Cape Coral and Ft Myers.

I hate to see any town fill up with bad people.. we need the good people to move in , pushing out the bad..hope Lehigh Acres becomes a great place to live with more good than bad.

What does Lehigh have that will attract the 'good' people? Nothing. Not a darn thing. The 'bad' people will never leave Lehigh....the govt buys their food, gives them cash, pays their rent so why in the hell should they leave???

You can thank your local govt for Lehigh being the dump it is.....and you can thank your local govt for ruining the area around Whiskey Creek and Tanglewood as well When they opened that new 'public housing' complex on Summerlin it pretty much brought the area to 'hood' status. Sad...very sad.

It pretty much ruined our Publix...it's like shopping at the Colonial Wal Mart..and if I wanted to shop there..I'd go there.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:25 PM

45 posts, read 63,148 times
I am curious and like to know.
How many people in public housing have been shipped to which location of Lehigh ?
What is the percentage of these people in Lehigh's population?

I bet the public housing people is only a minor portion in Lehigh, also their distribution is localized in certain area of Lehigh. Local and small percentage can not represent all and majority of Lehigh Acres. Additionally, does public housing a symbol of crime? I bet there are many good citizens in it as well.
In fact, I had chances to talk to the residents in Lehigh in different occasions, I particularly asked them about the security. Surprisingly, all of them told me it is safe, quite. And some expressed that they preferred Lehigh to the other side of Caloosahachee because they enjoyed the tree, green in Lehigh which is a really different impression I received from what in this forum.
As a personal experience, in few times boys/lady/adult in Lehigh were nice enough to voluntarily offer some help to me just because I pulled over my car which-the nice attitude of people-again is a really different impression I received from what has been casted in this forum.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:55 AM

9,441 posts, read 20,740,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaCT View Post
How many people in public housing have been shipped to which location of Lehigh ?

From what I remember ( it's been quite a few years) every resident that was in that (huge!)housing project was shipped to Lehigh. Lots of things weren't made public....if you talk to a LEO from back in the day they can fill you in a lot better than I can.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:59 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,420,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridact View Post
i am curious and like to know.
How many people in public housing have been shipped to which location of lehigh ?
What is the percentage of these people in lehigh's population?

I bet the public housing people is only a minor portion in lehigh, also their distribution is localized in certain area of lehigh. Local and small percentage can not represent all and majority of lehigh acres. Additionally, does public housing a symbol of crime? I bet there are many good citizens in it as well.
In fact, i had chances to talk to the residents in lehigh in different occasions, i particularly asked them about the security. Surprisingly, all of them told me it is safe, quite. And some expressed that they preferred lehigh to the other side of caloosahachee because they enjoyed the tree, green in lehigh which is a really different impression i received from what in this forum.
As a personal experience, in few times boys/lady/adult in lehigh were nice enough to voluntarily offer some help to me just because i pulled over my car which-the nice attitude of people-again is a really different impression i received from what has been casted in this forum.
rotfl

Old 01-13-2014, 09:02 AM

22,564 posts, read 48,714,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaCT View Post

I bet the public housing people is only a minor portion in Lehigh, also their distribution is localized in certain area of Lehigh. Local and small percentage can not represent all and majority of Lehigh Acres. Additionally, does public housing a symbol of crime? I bet there are many good citizens in it as well.
In fact, I had chances to talk to the residents in Lehigh in different occasions, I particularly asked them about the security. Surprisingly, all of them told me it is safe, quite. And some expressed that they preferred Lehigh to the other side of Caloosahachee because they enjoyed the tree, green in Lehigh which is a really different impression I received from what in this forum.
As a personal experience, in few times boys/lady/adult in Lehigh were nice enough to voluntarily offer some help to me just because I pulled over my car which-the nice attitude of people-again is a really different impression I received from what has been casted in this forum.
You said the same thing, last year.

//www.city-data.com/forum/31071303-post12.html

And you write these posts because you own a home there.

//www.city-data.com/forum/fort-...l#post22291891
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area