Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 04:04 AM

7,704 posts, read 12,540,083 times

Advertisements

I came here to sound off for one last time before I move to give other people advice about why I think NO ONE should move to Lehigh Acres!!

1. I first came to this city back in January from Palm Beach County. We found a beautiful BEAUTIFUL house. Everything was peaches and cream.

2. We realize we won't have a car and we would be 20 minutes from the bus stop. This is fine with us. Coming from Palm Beach County, we figured the transportation would be similar.

3. Transportation is NOT the same. There's LESS buses than PBC and the bus NEVER came!! We literally had to call EVERY SINGLE TIME we went out just to know when the next bus came! And the operators were rude as heck! Talk about customer service!!

4. Woods. There's woods everywhere! Everyone lives in their own secluded little area which is scary as heck! You don't know what kind of animals are lurking in there! I heard cases of foxes, raccoons, and stray dogs on the loose in these areas! There was a little black snake that always creeped around our house from time to time! It was creepy!

5. Walking to school IS A NIGHTMARE!! I've never seen such unprofessional and negligent operation of school bus pick up in all of my days!! When we first got the city, first day of school, we couldn't find the bus stop because it was freaking 6 in the morning and it was DARK AS NIGHT out. If it wasn't for our rental car, we wouldn't have seen kids walking ALONE to their bus stop in pitch blackness!! I had to endure this trauma for 2 semesters!! I never walked in such darkness in all my life! I was constantly frightened at what vicious animals could be lurking in the forest and kill me! If it wasn't for Jesus Christ protecting me from wild beasts, I probably would not be here to report this today!

6. Lee county. Lee County schools are THE WORST I'VE EVER BEEN TO!! Not only was Lehigh Senior High School the worst educational experience but it was extremely ghetto and low class! They set their students up for failure right from freshman year!! The point is not to get you to go on to prestigious universities, they set you up to go to Edison community college! Where you will remain for many years!!

7. The house. Back to MY HOUSE, all of sudden after 3 months, things started breaking in the house!! The laundry broke, the sink gutter broke down, the hose broke, the sewage system went insane and all this madness! This house was BRAND NEW with no chinese drywall! Built in 2007!! Every single time someone would take a shower in my bathroom, feces would erupt out of my mom's shower!! The toilet also broke down! Every single time someone takes a shower in my bathroom, the toilet fills up with water and floods!! These damages cost more than $1,000 to repair and it STILL is not fully repaired!!

8. The city is BARREN compared to Palm Beach County! When I first came I did not expect it to be like that! I had never lived in a place like this before! The first city you come to is Immokalee and it was a sight I will never forget!! BARREN BARREN BARREN roads is all you see! Land workers all around living in little old style wooden houses!

9. Summer. Summers in Lehigh Acres is the worse in all of Florida!! Don't come here for summer vacation! It is hot hot hot!! I was burning and sweating ALL SUMMER LONG!! We couldn't turn on the AC because the bill is more than $200 a month!! Poppycock!! So we never turned it on but left the windows open but it never helped because it was so humid and hot!!

10. The grass! It's super human! Grass in Lehigh Acres grows at an astronomical rate!! No amount of cutting will NEVER be enough to stop it! Not even for a freaking week!! We tried cutting this stupid grass even at level 1 of our lawnmower and it grew back instantly over the course of several days!! Who wants to cut grass in 100 degree heat?!! The water system in all houses in Lehigh makes the sewage from the house dump onto the grass so it grows like crazy!! And it stinks extremely bad as well!!

11. Crime. Crime in Lehigh Acres is out of control!! Robbers, gangsters, drug dealers, unruly teenagers, destroying homes and businesses over the most petty things! Crazy crimes happen because I really don't know why!! I heard about Lehigh BEFORE even coming here because I was watching the news one day while in Palm Beach County and there was some news of a crazy murder that happened here in Lehigh..Well I never expected to move there!! Lehigh is the highest crime city in Lee County! That just tells you!

12. The people are strange!! The people here I will admit are VERY diverse. They come from everywhere. But they are strange for some reason! I can't put my finger on why but they just are!! They act really distant and stuff! No sense of community!!

Well that's all I can think of for now but there's lots more I can tell you about Lehigh! It is a hell hold! We are FINALLY getting out of here after 7 months in this hick town! Onto to better things and blessings!! If you want to live a lower quality of life and have a car, come to Lehigh! But if you want to better your lives, your future, and your children, go elsewhere!! There's a load of better cities in Fort Myers/Lee County metro than Lehigh!! Well anyway though, take heed my word, you have been warned!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 06:08 AM

9,672 posts, read 11,025,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I came here to sound off for one last time before I move to give other people advice about why I think NO ONE should move to Lehigh Acres!!

1. I first came to this city back in January from Palm Beach County. We found a beautiful BEAUTIFUL house. Everything was peaches and cream.

2. We realize we won't have a car and we would be 20 minutes from the bus stop. This is fine with us. Coming from Palm Beach County, we figured the transportation would be similar.

3. Transportation is NOT the same. There's LESS buses than PBC and the bus NEVER came!! We literally had to call EVERY SINGLE TIME we went out just to know when the next bus came! And the operators were rude as heck! Talk about customer service!!

4. Woods. There's woods everywhere! Everyone lives in their own secluded little area which is scary as heck! You don't know what kind of animals are lurking in there! I heard cases of foxes, raccoons, and stray dogs on the loose in these areas! There was a little black snake that always creeped around our house from time to time! It was creepy!

5. Walking to school IS A NIGHTMARE!! I've never seen such unprofessional and negligent operation of school bus pick up in all of my days!! When we first got the city, first day of school, we couldn't find the bus stop because it was freaking 6 in the morning and it was DARK AS NIGHT out. If it wasn't for our rental car, we wouldn't have seen kids walking ALONE to their bus stop in pitch blackness!! I had to endure this trauma for 2 semesters!! I never walked in such darkness in all my life! I was constantly frightened at what vicious animals could be lurking in the forest and kill me! If it wasn't for Jesus Christ protecting me from wild beasts, I probably would not be here to report this today!

6. Lee county. Lee County schools are THE WORST I'VE EVER BEEN TO!! Not only was Lehigh Senior High School the worst educational experience but it was extremely ghetto and low class! They set their students up for failure right from freshman year!! The point is not to get you to go on to prestigious universities, they set you up to go to Edison community college! Where you will remain for many years!!

7. The house. Back to MY HOUSE, all of sudden after 3 months, things started breaking in the house!! The laundry broke, the sink gutter broke down, the hose broke, the sewage system went insane and all this madness! This house was BRAND NEW with no chinese drywall! Built in 2007!! Every single time someone would take a shower in my bathroom, feces would erupt out of my mom's shower!! The toilet also broke down! Every single time someone takes a shower in my bathroom, the toilet fills up with water and floods!! These damages cost more than $1,000 to repair and it STILL is not fully repaired!!

8. The city is BARREN compared to Palm Beach County! When I first came I did not expect it to be like that! I had never lived in a place like this before! The first city you come to is Immokalee and it was a sight I will never forget!! BARREN BARREN BARREN roads is all you see! Land workers all around living in little old style wooden houses!

9. Summer. Summers in Lehigh Acres is the worse in all of Florida!! Don't come here for summer vacation! It is hot hot hot!! I was burning and sweating ALL SUMMER LONG!! We couldn't turn on the AC because the bill is more than $200 a month!! Poppycock!! So we never turned it on but left the windows open but it never helped because it was so humid and hot!!

10. The grass! It's super human! Grass in Lehigh Acres grows at an astronomical rate!! No amount of cutting will NEVER be enough to stop it! Not even for a freaking week!! We tried cutting this stupid grass even at level 1 of our lawnmower and it grew back instantly over the course of several days!! Who wants to cut grass in 100 degree heat?!! The water system in all houses in Lehigh makes the sewage from the house dump onto the grass so it grows like crazy!! And it stinks extremely bad as well!!

11. Crime. Crime in Lehigh Acres is out of control!! Robbers, gangsters, drug dealers, unruly teenagers, destroying homes and businesses over the most petty things! Crazy crimes happen because I really don't know why!! I heard about Lehigh BEFORE even coming here because I was watching the news one day while in Palm Beach County and there was some news of a crazy murder that happened here in Lehigh..Well I never expected to move there!! Lehigh is the highest crime city in Lee County! That just tells you!

12. The people are strange!! The people here I will admit are VERY diverse. They come from everywhere. But they are strange for some reason! I can't put my finger on why but they just are!! They act really distant and stuff! No sense of community!!

Well that's all I can think of for now but there's lots more I can tell you about Lehigh! It is a hell hold! We are FINALLY getting out of here after 7 months in this hick town! Onto to better things and blessings!! If you want to live a lower quality of life and have a car, come to Lehigh! But if you want to better your lives, your future, and your children, go elsewhere!! There's a load of better cities in Fort Myers/Lee County metro than Lehigh!! Well anyway though, take heed my word, you have been warned!!
All these words to say that electricity can cost $200 a month, animals are in the woods, grass grows fast in humid weather, you don't like the way a school bus drives, and you have broken a lot of stuff in your house.

Thanks for the report!

Old 08-18-2010, 06:39 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,722,632 times
Crime in Lehigh???? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2010, 08:29 AM

340 posts, read 1,041,142 times
If you live out there and your family has no car, then you are in serious trouble.
I will offer 25 grand to the Bank for your home when they foreclose on you.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:37 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,687,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMunch View Post
I will offer 25 grand to the Bank for your home when they foreclose on you.
This level of compassion brings a tear to my eye....................

YC.......

Old 08-18-2010, 09:32 AM

204 posts, read 625,924 times
So basically Lehigh Acres should never be anyone's destination in Florida because stuff breaks in houses in Lehigh, customer service people are only rude in Lehigh, there's crime only in Lehigh and nowhere else is it as hot at Lehigh? It sounds more like you have had a run of bad luck.

Last edited by Moveeast31; 08-18-2010 at 10:07 AM..

Old 08-18-2010, 12:26 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,269,066 times
well, it does kinda capture the hell side of SWF if you come down and try to live without a car and put kids in public school and don't have money even for AC - paints a picture

for rough types with a small pension that want to be able to chain a rotty in the yard and keep a collection of project cars on the front lawn and and park a fishing boat in the back yard....for very small dollars - paradise!

reminds me of a song done by a Winnipeg group on the hatred for Toronto...my favorite line was "the childrens faces are cigarette commercials in Toronto - I hate Toronto!" ; - )

Old 08-18-2010, 01:03 PM

204 posts, read 625,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroeran View Post
well, it does kinda capture the hell side of SWF if you come down and try to live without a car and put kids in public school and don't have money even for AC - paints a picture

for rough types with a small pension that want to be able to chain a rotty in the yard and keep a collection of project cars on the front lawn and and park a fishing boat in the back yard....for very small dollars - paradise!

reminds me of a song done by a Winnipeg group on the hatred for Toronto...my favorite line was "the childrens faces are cigarette commercials in Toronto - I hate Toronto!" ; - )
That's true but to be fair if you have no car or money for AC then there is probably more than one place in Florida that would be miserable.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:10 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,856,912 times
I wouldn't TAKE 25K to live there

Old 08-18-2010, 01:14 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,269,066 times
search youtube for "remote control lawn mower" as a solution to mowing in the heat

up north we have some grass seed where the grass pretty much stops growing after a couple of inches
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area