U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2013, 11:02 AM

33 posts, read 64,793 times

Advertisements

I would love to have some opinions of the new development, The Preserve at Corkscrew. I am having a house built there (Pulte). I have family in the area and it is the reason why I chose that area, but would like to hear what others think of the area and things to do. I have been to the area quite a few times and wanted to be close to family. I have two teenagers, 18 and 16. This is going to be a vacation home. I know that there is a lot of negativity about Florida but I am really interested in the more positive aspects of the area. My family loves it and I also have friends in Bella Terra that love it. Just thought that some other ideas as to restaurants and things to do would be great. I know that things are perfect in Florida but after being a NYC cop for 20 years I also know that things aren't perfect anywhere. Any places that any of you go to that may be something that you really like I would love to hear about. Thanks for any ideas.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 08:30 AM

254 posts, read 360,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCopper View Post
I would love to have some opinions of the new development, The Preserve at Corkscrew. I am having a house built there (Pulte). I have family in the area and it is the reason why I chose that area, but would like to hear what others think of the area and things to do. I have been to the area quite a few times and wanted to be close to family. I have two teenagers, 18 and 16. This is going to be a vacation home. I know that there is a lot of negativity about Florida but I am really interested in the more positive aspects of the area. My family loves it and I also have friends in Bella Terra that love it. Just thought that some other ideas as to restaurants and things to do would be great. I know that things are perfect in Florida but after being a NYC cop for 20 years I also know that things aren't perfect anywhere. Any places that any of you go to that may be something that you really like I would love to hear about. Thanks for any ideas.
It's a good neighborhood.

Of course you have Coconut Point and Gulf Coast Town Center nearby for dining and shopping. It seems Coconut is getting more "shopping" oriented and GCTC is more "eating" oriented. That's likely just my opinion though.

Make sure to head to Dolly's for breakfast one morning. Or have some pie. (Dolly's Produce Patch & Eatery - Bonita Springs, FL)

Other positives about the area: you're not too far from either spring training facility if you're a baseball fan. The airport is close-by. You're near the beach, either Fort Myers Beach or Naples Beach.

It'll make a great "college dorm" if your 18 year old decides to go to FGCU! lol

Old 03-07-2013, 05:51 PM

Thanks for the info. I will definitely be visiting Dolly's. Anybody else with any suggestions

Old 04-26-2015, 05:15 PM

93 posts, read 146,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCopper View Post
Thanks for the info. I will definitely be visiting Dolly's. Anybody else with any suggestions
Sorry for the bump, anyone with some updated thoughts about this community? Thanks

Old 04-29-2015, 12:32 PM

50 posts, read 55,614 times
The preserve is nice. I own a condo in Bella Terra and lived there at one point. A nice growing area. Bella Terra does feel a bit 'far out' at times. Coconut point and Gulf Coast town center and miromar are nice and close. Hertz is building a new corporate headquarters which should boost demand.

Old 05-09-2015, 12:52 PM

My home int he Preserve at Corkscrew is now two years old and although i'm only there part time I have to tell you I love it when I there. The community has all age groups and the community is becoming quite active now with wine tastings, movie night and parties for various holidays and get to know your neighbor. Its pretty close to just about anything you could possibly want. I'm happy with the decision I made and if your in the area you should check it out.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:11 PM

1,600 posts, read 761,908 times
Good luck with your choice!

We were going to see all the Pulte Developments after our first visit to Bridgetown / Plantation earlier this year.

We saw other builders but liked Pulte over the rest.

We went back , arrived at RSW Labor Day weekend and hit Westbrook as it had just opened for sales a few days prior and was so close.

We fell in love with the location.

So close to RSW airport, Gulf Coast Town Center, Florida Gulf Coast University. Such close proximity to all those features, we felt would keep home values.

Lots of professional baseball spring training camps. Atlanta Braves will build a training camp there in addition to tge other teams all ready there. Maybe even take trips to see the NFL teams during regular season. I dont think they are doing well in the NFL so that may make tickets more available and affordable. We would not do season NFL but maybe spring training baseball tickets just to enjoy a game when the weather is cooperative.

Not a bad drive to the beaches.

We also discovered it is not a 55+ community and although we qualified we noticed a lot of younger buyers with small children and teen age kids were with their folks and were buying. That will be a nice mix of ages vs. limiting it to an older crowd. Halloween should be a hoot when the homes are in.

It will be a gated community without the expense of a manned guard booth.

They will start construction in October. We will be back next week to hammer out all the final details with the Pulte Home Design Center.

We will use it as a vacation home until we move there permanetly in a few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area