U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 07:51 PM

282 posts, read 915,679 times

Advertisements

We have a house in the NW area by Coral Oaks Golf Course, it's very safe and we love it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 06:43 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,401,507 times
I,for one, am glad that they have those restrictions.First it's a shed,then another shed,then chickens, a couple of work trailers,car on blocks,broken down boats.....think you get the picture.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:53 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,249,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrodrej View Post
I will soon be selling and getting out of this city as soon as I can put my house on the market.
If you need help to speed things up, I bet your neighbors will be glad to help.

Quote:
If you want to buy a house and want to do with your proerty whatever you've dreamed of DO NOT buy in Cape Coral.
If you want to buy a house and want to do with your proerty whatever you've dreamed of, do not buy in a developed area. I think you have learned your lesson.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:01 PM

172 posts, read 206,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
I,for one, am glad that they have those restrictions.First it's a shed,then another shed,then chickens, a couple of work trailers,car on blocks,broken down boats.....think you get the picture.

Don't forget a Billy-goat and a truck engine hangin' from a tree by a chain ......

Old 08-25-2013, 02:10 PM

23,524 posts, read 12,077,279 times
Quote:
iF i WERE ANY OF YOU i WOULD RECOMMEND NOT MOVING TO CAPE CORAL. I purchased a home here in NW Cape about 2 years ago and at this point I am ready to sell and get out of this dreadful city. When buying a house to raise your family I assumed that if I own the property I can do as I please to the property but in cape coral this isn't the case. I purchased a 4 bed 2 bath with screened pool and jacuzzi and a small lake out back with a little over a half acre. I am an organic gardener and wanted to simply put a shed on my back lot for my gardening supplies. Cape coral won't let it happen becasue the shed won't be directly behind the house. SO I had to put the shed behind my pool cage obstructing the lake view. I also wanted my 3 boy to raise some hens for organic eggs and they won't allow that either. The restrictions are rediculous. I will soon be selling and getting out of this city as soon as I can put my house on the market. AGAIN If you want to buy a house and want to do with your proerty whatever you've dreamed of DO NOT buy in Cape Coral .

We purchased a home in CC and we completely enclosed the one side yard with a fence. It is a big rectangle area with two wide gates. the gates are one front side of the house and one back yard side and the fence connects to the house.. No one can see in this big rectangle area. I could drive a car in it if I wanted to.

I am thinking about putting two sheds up against the house in this area to store gardening equipment.. they are small type sheds , @ 3Ft wide to 6ft long and will be high enough for rakes , shovels , etc..also putting in a concrete pad for them to sit on.. graded slightly from the house.

I love this enclosed area.. we store a motorcycle trailer in there and it is out of view completely. It frees up the garage space . I will make sure it is not a catch all because I hate accumulation but sometimes we need to put things somewhere because of the ordinances .

If we get a small boat it is going in there to for aesthetic reasons.. I hate to see boats, trailers even in the back yard.. like everything out of sight.

Last edited by Taratova; 08-25-2013 at 02:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area