U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 03:04 PM

9,441 posts, read 20,740,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrysong18 View Post
I've heard not to go to San Carlos Park, but they would allow dogs. I wish I could just purchase a house, but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

It all depends on how much money you have...do you need a loan or can buy cash? Houses are still pretty cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 02:00 PM

75 posts, read 99,380 times
I would definitely need a loan. There would only be one true income (my boyfriend). I'll be going to school and working to pay off those school loans.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:21 AM

319 posts, read 490,167 times
Country,

I sent you a direct message with a contact. I am still looking into it. I am waiting to hear from a Property Manager I know.

Take care..

Old 04-01-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugManTPC View Post
Country,

I sent you a direct message with a contact. I am still looking into it. I am waiting to hear from a Property Manager I know.

Take care..
Sent you a message back!

Old 04-01-2013, 03:15 PM

95 posts, read 177,958 times
We rent a house in Lehigh near 82 and have 4 dogs our landlord is great and I would not get rid of my dogs. We moved here a year ago from Ohio and some parts of Lehigh are not that bad.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmy40 View Post
We rent a house in Lehigh near 82 and have 4 dogs our landlord is great and I would not get rid of my dogs. We moved here a year ago from Ohio and some parts of Lehigh are not that bad.
Do you know if they have other houses?

Old 04-04-2013, 08:08 PM

513 posts, read 1,401,822 times
Estero is not far from FGCU and there are quite a few older single family homes there so you might find a rental that might take pets, not sure about 4. You can say all you want about how great your dogs r but if a landlord had one bad experience with a pet then your chances are slim, hate to say it. I like a lot of landlords get $400 per pet non-refundable deposit. That never covers the damage that's done anyway so it's still iffy when a potential client says they have pets. Lehigh is nowhere near FGCU and it's high crime ( in area's ) because it is so spread out with houses spread far and few between in a lot of area's. I have young friends living out there and can't wait to sell their houses and move into San Carlos Park. aka- "the park"
The park is located in a great area central to everything, only 5 minutes to FGCU. I own two homes there, (do not live there but I could) and their both in nicer area's of the park. Since the park is made up of 99% older homes and a lot of rentals, it brings in people who don't take care of their places and cheap landlords who don't care. I refer to it as the low rent district.
BUT, you can find nice streets and area's that have been kept up and well taken care of. That's where I invested. My son, his wife and their new baby live there also on a real nice street with their dog. A sheriff lives next to them, actually a lot of sheriffs live in the Park since their not paid very well here. A good friend of mine is a sheriff, he lives in north Cape Coral. That's one place I would not invest in or live. Like Lehigh Acres and waaaaaaay to far away from everything. and the Cape sheriff's suck! Besides cheating the community out of tax dollars due to their lying about school credits, their vicious on pulling people over. They have always had a bad reputation.
The Park probably is your best bet for a rental that might alow 4 dogs.
Last note, nice rentals are scarce due to the fact that a lot of people honestly or dishonestly gave up their mortgaged homes and are renting now. So if they were paying a mortgage before they most likely can afford a nice rent payment. I upped my rents to where they should have been two years ago by about $300. At the end of this year their going up another $200. Estero prices....... I have house all over 2000 square feet and do rent to pet owners, but with hesitation. One couple gave a deposit for one little dog and ended up with 3 dogs and two cats. I had to spend $2800 to replace fairly new berber carpeting because of the pet urine, even after they had Stanley Steamer do the job twice. So you know where I'm coming from.
If I can help in any way let me know. I live 3-5 minutes from FGCU, GO EAGLES.. PS, I LOVE DOGS, WELL AT LEAST GOLDEN RETRIEVERS. Gotta have at least two!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:15 PM

513 posts, read 1,401,822 times
luckily with the decline of the economy over the past 5-6 years a lot of low life crime causing people have moved out of Florida and gone north so The Park is not as bad as previous years.There use to be a lot of rental houses with 4 to 6 cars parked in the driveways and on the lawns. Not as many these days!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area