U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 02:36 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,420,010 times

Advertisements

I'll be the first to "fess up" that I don't know much about NFM......I sometimes drive through that section that is dumpy around Pondella and 41 which gave me the bad impression.Sounds like some areas are very nice .Thanks Monikat21....I promise to look around a little before I believe any more stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 11:04 AM

22,564 posts, read 48,706,618 times
There are some nice areas in North Fort Myers. There are some not as nice places as well, such as Suncoast Estates. The area has a bad rep because of that area as well as a couple of others. I think Cape Coral is very nice and safe, the second lowest crime rate per capita in the state. Lehigh Acres...meh. I don't know of any neighborhoods that are "very nice" anymore. It's not all a drug and gang-infested wasteland but it's not great. And the neighborhoods that are halfway decent are too darn close to undesirables and pretty remote for my comfort level.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:05 PM

4 posts, read 5,988 times
Hello future Floridian,

My girlfriend and I too are relatively new to the fort myers area (7 months). And coming from New York City, we think Fort Myers is an amazingly beautiful, quiet and peaceful area. Now I must admit that neither I nor her are familiar with any regional distinctions - north vs. south fort myers, sanibel vs. bonita springs, even naples (sans wealth). They all look and feel the same to me: great beaches, cool restaurants, and interesting local activities; so much so that we blog about it at Home | Oodles 2 Do.

Good luck!

Old 04-17-2013, 07:10 AM

4 posts, read 5,988 times
Thanks! I hope this blog will be helpful to both newbies and lifers in the fort myers metro area. We have more amazing pics on our facebook page too!

Old 04-23-2013, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakiode View Post
Hello future Floridian,

My girlfriend and I too are relatively new to the fort myers area (7 months). And coming from New York City, we think Fort Myers is an amazingly beautiful, quiet and peaceful area. Now I must admit that neither I nor her are familiar with any regional distinctions - north vs. south fort myers, sanibel vs. bonita springs, even naples (sans wealth). They all look and feel the same to me: great beaches, cool restaurants, and interesting local activities; so much so that we blog about it at Home | Oodles 2 Do.

Good luck!
Reading that is encouraging.

My girlfriend live in Chicago and are looking at a move down to the Cape Coral/Ft. Myers area. (Though we're keeping an open mind for a number of areas around that region) We are pretty familiar with the area further south; Naples and Marco Island, but are coming back to town in the next month for a few days strictly to do some exploring up in the Lee County area. I have relatives in CC but haven't been there in 15 years. Part of the draw to southwest Florida in general for us is it being a little quieter and slower paced. I know it's a pretty big metro area and there's still traffic and some hustle and bustle, but for people from cities like ours, at least in the bit I've experienced so far, a lot of SW Florida provides a very welcome change of pace for every day living.

If I ever have any further questions I'll definitely ask you all. This website is a great resource and I thank you all for your input, both past and future.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:19 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,522,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysMom2005 View Post
I live 1/2 mile from Detroit and if I have to deal with trashy, ignorant criminals, I might as well stay here.

1/2 mile in which direction? North, west, or south?

With the exception of the "suncoast" area, North Ft Myers is light years better today, than south Warren was 20 years ago. I can only imagine what that area is like today. Same goes for Hazel Park, Madison Hgts, Roseville, and East Detroit(aka Eastpointe)

As far as jobs go, they're still a challenge here, but perhaps no worse than where youre at now. At least you dont have to worry about freezing to death from October thru April if you move here.

YC.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area