U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 01:17 PM

9,329 posts, read 20,500,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmJayBee View Post
thank you for the information. our lease is up next month lol

the landlord was nice until now. we haven't had an AC since december he kept delaying fixing it so we haven't paid rent since then. i have all the money orders made but i wasn't going to pay him until he fixed the AC and then in mid january we got the foreclosure notice from the county clerk. then the landlord proceeded to post fake eviction notices on the tenants doors. one tenant actually moved out but i've been dealing with the landlords wife because they just got divorced and the property among-st many other properties were awarded to her n the decree. her lawyer has been trying to work something out with the bank so she can take over the mortgage payments. supposedly her AC company is coming here friday to fix our unit finally so we'll see how it goes from there i guess

withholding rent is a stupid move on your part...even with the property in foreclosure, your landlord can take you to court and evict you.... you think you're having a hard time finding decent place now? Try finding a rental (any rental) with a pit and an eviction.

In the state of Florida you cannot withhold rent without going thru the courts.....I suggest you read the landlord/tenants laws for Florida..and catch up on your rent owed. ( and don't think for a nano-second the wife and lawyer on your side...when the lawyer finds out you owe money, game over)

Last edited by Kim in FL; 04-17-2013 at 01:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 02:20 PM

18 posts, read 24,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
withholding rent is a stupid move on your part...even with the property in foreclosure, your landlord can take you to court and evict you.... you think you're having a hard time finding decent place now? Try finding a rental (any rental) with a pit and an eviction.

In the state of Florida you cannot withhold rent without going thru the courts.....I suggest you read the landlord/tenants laws for Florida..and catch up on your rent owed. ( and don't think for a nano-second the wife and lawyer on your side...when the lawyer finds out you owe money, game over)

all of our money orders are made since january. the landlord and the lawyer are well aware of this as well aware of all the other tenants whom arent paying rent. when my AC is fixed and i get a lease renewal i will gladly give them all the back rent we have put aside for each month weve been here but thank you for the info

Old 06-22-2013, 07:44 PM

18 posts, read 24,002 times
luckily we found a nice townhouse in fort myers 5 minutes from the beach. so happy we found a new place to give our beautiful pitbull a home =]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area