U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 10:35 AM

7 posts, read 25,295 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are planning on relocating to Cape Coral or Fort Myers from NW Arkansas. We have visited the area and fell in love with the climate and atmosphere. I know there are many threads on here about the area, but I was hoping for some some more specific information about choosing where to live. About us: Mid 30's, no kids (yet). Jobs are not an issue as my husband can easily transfer and we would not move until I found a job suitable for me (we are not in a hurry). We are both fitness-minded so would enjoy being close to bike/jogging trails, parks, etc. We also have 3 dogs so prefer some place dog-friendly. We are looking for a modest 3-4 bedroom house that is 1800+ square feet. Our budget could be up to 200K but we are actually hoping to find something closer to 100K that we could remodel. Looking online I see a lot of homes fairly cheap, just not sure about the neighborhoods they are in. We would prefer something with a large lot, spacious neighbors, but not too far out in the boonies either. My husband travels for his job so commuting isn't an issue, for me my commute now is about 30-40 minutes so anything within that time frame would be acceptable. We won't to be driving distance (30 minutes or less) to restaurants, shopping, nightlife, attractions, etc., but not right on top of it either. Obviously prefer a relatively safe, clean place, but we don't need a gated community either. Any suggestion you could give about neighborhoods or areas in either CC or FM would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 04:36 PM

244 posts, read 429,730 times
I live in North Fort Myers with my 3 dogs It is about 25 miles to my office in Cape Coral and it takes me about 30 Minutes to drive there. Here are larger properties and a lot of nature. However you can find homes on larger properties in Cape Coral also - where you have biking path and fitness studios close by. Depends on what you guys like I know a pool home in CapeCoral wich sits on a 4 lot site close to cape coral parkway in sW Cape Coral. It also has a pool. I think the asking price is around 250,000.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:39 PM

47 posts, read 124,582 times
I'd be tempted to seek something near Rotary park in SW Cape. Nice homes, nice area, dog park, good running. You sound like your not going to be that picky and will have lots of home choices available...but consider that since your both fitness (and doggy) minded - geographically narrowing your search to .x miles around these outside activities you enjoy. Kindly PM

Last edited by Sunscape; 05-15-2013 at 05:14 AM..

Old 05-03-2013, 06:59 PM

5,495 posts, read 6,319,429 times
Since you need to secure your job before moving, I suggest getting the job first and then looking for a home. There are many homes available that meet your requirements, but not so many jobs.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:58 PM

20 posts, read 36,577 times
There are a lot of affordable options in Cape Coral. Home values vary from the 100,000 range and up. I was born in Cape Coral and love this area. A gym I would suggest is Around the Clock Fitness. The real estate market is improving and there are a lot of great deals out there.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:51 PM

7 posts, read 12,555 times
Default Fellow Southerner retiree pregunta

I am 65 (retired thank God), and my wife is 60. Wifey is still working, and probably will for the next 5 years. At present, we live in Mississippi. I'm taking care of some estate issues in Louisiana, but as soon as that's settled we plan on visiting you good folks down there. I'm feeling that if we really like the place, we should go ahead and find a property while it's such a great deal. Either we'll have to have dual state residency, or rent/lease the place if we want to spend our last years with y'all. Complicating the matter even more, I have a 38 year old disabled son that'll have to go to wherever I go. He's schizophrenic, absolutely can't live with me, and currently lives in a Section 8 (HUD) house here.

Many years ago, I mean MANY years ago - like 1965-1967, I lived in the Florida Panhandle area. Loved it, but I think that I'd like where you 'uns live even more.

Feedback?

Old 05-14-2013, 11:40 PM

15 posts, read 23,881 times
Hogzilla, I'm interested in reading comments in this thread as we are possibly relocating in the next couple months. We're in our early 30's, too, and have a 5 and 2 year old. I'm nervous after reading the comments in these threads... Please share any info you find in addition to this thread!

Old 05-15-2013, 05:24 AM

244 posts, read 429,730 times
Jenna, I live here since 1990 (work in Cape Coral and live in NOrth Fort Myers). A lot of those comments are just not true. It is a nice place to work and live. There is crime in every city worldwide and of course you can pick single crimes and publish links to them and make them sound as if we are in a high crime area. But that is just not true!! If you compare our area to other areas in the US, you will see that our crime rate is very low.

Old 06-23-2013, 04:12 PM

2 posts, read 2,519 times
Just be prepared to pay more for water/sewer per month than gasoline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area