Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 04:44 PM

130 posts, read 277,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissStateDawg View Post
Yes I do. Why do people from the North and Midwest move to the south for cheaper cost of living, lower taxes, less government regulation, better economies, etc... Then complain that it is not like where they moved from. If we were like where you moved from we would be in same boat as New York, Detroit, cleveland, Chicago etc...
SWFL has cheaper cost of living, lower taxes, less govt regulation and better economy?? Really? From what I've read on here, I wouldn't think that to be true. Sounds like some of the locals are getting worried about being priced out.
I think most people are moving for one reason only - sunshine and warmth.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:30 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtobewarm View Post
SWFL has cheaper cost of living, lower taxes, less govt regulation and better economy?? Really? From what I've read on here, I wouldn't think that to be true. Sounds like some of the locals are getting worried about being priced out.
I think most people are moving for one reason only - sunshine and warmth.
She's never lived in Southwest Florida, might not have ever even visited it. She's from Los Angeles. Nothing to see here, moving along.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:44 AM

60 posts, read 141,978 times
Let's see, if you're from outside the US, everyone from the US is a Yankee. If you're south of the Mason DIxon line, everyone north of it is a Yankee. If you're north of the line then you point to New England. If you are in New England you look to Vermont for the true Yankee. If you're from Vermont, anyone who eats pie for breakfast is a Yankee. Come December I like to watch the morning breeze rustle the palms while my born in Cape Coral neighbor and I share some pie. OP had some points that people should consider. Lots of times we convince ourselves that something will be perfect for us. It's pretty common to ignore what we don't want to see. Then we are surprised and unhappy when- doggone it-it isn't anything like perfect. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Hope to have learned by it.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:55 AM

New Englanders are proud to be Yankees. We even have a magazine.

Yankee Magazine | The Guide to New England

Old 08-08-2013, 06:22 AM

544 posts, read 1,439,371 times
If you're just waking up you may want to give yourself extra time to get to work. It's foggy out there! There is a wall of fog stretching 40 miles across from Castle Rock to DIA. This is a screen shot from our camera that faces the DIA. You can't even make out the airport.

This is what it's looking like in Denver this morning. I love the Cape!
Attached Thumbnails
Read Before You Move to SWFL-denverfog.jpg  

Old 08-08-2013, 07:23 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,874,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
By the way, to a Southerner, a Yankee is anyone not from the north. To a foreigner, we are all Yankees or Yanks.

Further, Miss Dawg is apparently from California. Her "roots" are from Mississippi but she's really just a Yankee. And she's decidedly not from Florida. That must explain the rudeness, she's from Los Angeles.

//www.city-data.com/forum/30704306-post5.html
Wow.....great detective work,Hiknapster........you totally busted her for pretending to be a local.
Here she is trashing everyone that's not from Florida and turns out she's from one of the worst states in the country.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:51 AM

191 posts, read 299,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Wow.....great detective work,Hiknapster........you totally busted her for pretending to be a local.
Here she is trashing everyone that's not from Florida and turns out she's from one of the worst states in the country.

She has a strange way of looking at things...... in my post 65 I asked her : "So you feel the OP is correct and therefore you wish more so-called "Yankees" would also be truthful and then leave the South, thereby making the South better off ?"

And at post 68 she replied "Yes I do."

Weird that she has an issue when she believes people are telling the truth ......

Old 08-08-2013, 02:01 PM

428 posts, read 848,753 times
First off I am not a she. Second off I have visited Florida. Third off I only came on this Thread because I saw it scrolling down to the Tennessee and Mississippi forums. And I stand by my point if you do not like the South leave and go back to your beloved rust belt.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
First off I am not a she. Second off I have visited Florida. Third off I only came on this Thread because I saw it scrolling down to the Tennessee and Mississippi forums. And I stand by my point if you do not like the South leave and go back to your beloved rust belt.
And I play a doctor on tv!

Old 08-09-2013, 09:23 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times
Quote:
Good riddance. I wish more Yankees were like you. The South would be a whole lot better off.
Nothing like southern hospitality. Am I missing something or is one of the purposes of CD to help others?
You certainly don't sound like a person from the south...they're polite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area