Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 05:08 PM

5 posts, read 16,362 times

Advertisements

Not sure this is the right forum but I don't see one for Lee County. Looking for info on areas west of 41 in Estero, Bonita Springs or North Naples. It would be nice to be close enough to take a beach walk after dinner (yes, a short drive is ok, but I know I'd find excuses not to do a 20-30 minute drive). A 5 mile bike ride would be ideal. I would be full time, moving to be close to my dad who lives in Naples. Prefer a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house or villa, 2 car garage with low HOA fees. I enjoy the sound of kids/families outside but haven't experienced that much while in FL. Perhaps it's the hot weather, small yards and crunchy grass. Perhaps everyone's in the pool. Kids up north are always out playing ball or hockey in the streets or bike riding or in winter, building snowmen and having snowball fights. Couples walk around chatting it up with neighbors where I live and have neighborhood get togethers. Our kids are grown so I'm not looking for playmates, just happy sounds of life.

Someone advised me to avoid Naples Park due to the high # of renters. My husband and I prefer to stay in the 300-400K range if possible. Willing to do without all the fancy amenities (golf, gym, country club, community center) to keep costs down but I think I prefer a HOA to maintain some standards. Also willing to do without the guarded entrance into the community. Some people have advised a gated entrance helps with security (and resale) and they suggested Vanderbilt Lakes or similar communities over the neighboring non gated areas. Someone else suggested a non gated development like Meadowbrook of Bonita Springs.

Can anyone comment on Meadowbrook or Vanderbilt Lakes? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 06:43 AM

5 posts, read 12,006 times
I'd like to hear about this area also. Maybe post this in the Naples forum and someone will answer.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:15 PM

1 posts, read 4,525 times
I bought & sold a condo in Vanderbilt Lakes, sold it in 2009. It's a nice area in general, but was too "old" for me. My grown daughter was at the pool with her family, and was harassed for ID and not being a properly registered guest. Not my cup of tea. The Realtor I sold with, was very good and I would recommend for the area you are looking.

Last edited by Sunscape; 08-27-2013 at 07:06 AM..

Old 08-28-2013, 01:16 PM

5 posts, read 16,362 times
Thanks.

FLKeysFam, are most condo environments like that since they have community facilities and don't want "outsiders" using them? When I was checking out a few non gated places with my husband a few months back, I walked around checking out the community pool, community centers and tennis courts. I certainly could tell all eyes were on me. I'm sure the residents were trying to figure out if I "belonged".

At VL, do you think it would be the same in the single family home section? More families?

I may need to rent so I can "try out" different communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area