Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2013, 12:52 PM

22 posts, read 25,784 times

Advertisements

My husband has accepted a position in Fort Myers, off the 41 closer to Estero? Anyways, we are moving our whole family from the Detroit area! My husband will start his job in a week (eek) and so he will be moving down ahead of time and living in Cape Coral. The kids and I will be following down then mid-december. SInce we have never been to the FM area, we are pretty clueless as to what to expect, areas we should concentrate on moving to, areas that have good schools and newer housing. We do want to rent the first year until we really get to know the area. ALso, I am an RN, working in ICU..how are the jobs in that area for nurses? I appreciate all the help and am really excited to move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 01:47 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,091,624 times
Estero would be a good choice to start.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:32 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
I'm currently living in the 41/Estero area. The area is kinda booming with the near completion of the 41 widening that seems to have dragged on forever. Plans for construction of a new WalMart supercenter on the corner of 41 and Estero. Hertz building at Corkscrew, FGCU college proximity.......etc. There's a mix of older, and newer neighborhoods in the area, and rents seem to be headed up.

On 41, just north of Estero Pkwy(about 1/4 mile) there is a new medical center under construction there. Might be a possible source for employment for an RN. That area is sort of in the middle ground between the two big hospitals in the area however. Head south to Naples (NCH hospital) or north to Lee Memorial in Ft Myers. I'm guessing about 15 miles either way.

yc/CN.......

Old 10-26-2013, 06:21 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,218,285 times
Put your Resume together and start mailing it out to the different hospitals in the area...you will more than likely be offered a trip down at their expense with perhaps a move down package after your interview...

My friend did this several years ago as an x-ray technician...he was offered 2+ positions as well as a move down package from one of the hospitals...but this required a 2 year commitment...they even asked him to recruit other persons in the medical field when he returned back to NY...He is in the Tampa area...

Old 10-28-2013, 05:48 PM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
We bought a home in Gateway Greens, in Ft Myers.....and would never look back. It is very convenient; beautiful and well maintained, established neighborhoods....and not a terrible commute to Estero. My partner drives over there for tennis lessons....about 30 mins.

Because of the older population in this part of Florida....there are lots of first class medical facilities.

Good Luck with your relocation.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:45 PM

22 posts, read 25,784 times
Thanks you have all been helpful. My husband.has been in temp housing in cape coral for the past few weeks and he likes the area but not sure if we will relocate there or south fm yet. He said estero is really nice just not sure if we can find something in our budget. I do have another question...what is with Lehigh and why is it so cheap there? The homes seems new and nice and with super low rental prices.....is this a bad area? Or just secluded? Anyways I'm getting more excited/ nervous about the move!

Old 11-05-2013, 02:10 PM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Lehigh is not a desirable neighborhood.....people on this thread love to trash it and trash its inhabitants in a manner that seems most unfair and at times boarders on racism....but it really isn't a good area. It was developed at the height of the housing boom.....but the market fell ..... the homes were sold cheap.....the neighborhoods never had the opportunity to develop and mature. Lots of abandoned houses....people on limited budgets who cant maintain their homes and people with no experience in home ownership......all in all its probably not where you want to relocate.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:06 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,091,624 times
I'm a fan of Cape Coral but not sure if I would want to deal with the commute to estero unless it was off hours. that said if Estero is out of budget then south ft myers would probably be next best bet unless you went south of Estero and came North.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:58 AM

95 posts, read 219,496 times
We moved to Lehigh a year ago from Ohio we are close to 82 and Lee Blvd it's a very convenient area and we never had any problems. If you choose Lehigh make sure it's south of Sunshine close to 82 and I 75. Some of the houses in Lehigh are quite in the middle of no where.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area