Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 04:35 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,757,973 times

Advertisements

Eek, no, I want the west coast. East coast too populated, DH will die if near city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 06:22 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,959,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Yes, so many people are hating 85 degree weather in December. They would much rather have 15 degrees up north.
At this point I certainly would. It hasn't cooled off since March except one day... It gets old for us just like winter gets old for them

Old 12-07-2013, 06:30 PM

50,349 posts, read 63,928,555 times
Everyone loves Florida. The thing is, when we move, we miss the social network of family and friends we had before. This is what you need to be prepared for. I live in GA, not FL, but I have found that we get friends coming here, either to see us, or on their way to FL, so you might get your friends to come to you after you move.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:14 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,331,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
At this point I certainly would. It hasn't cooled off since March except one day... It gets old for us just like winter gets old for them
Old for you maybe. We went to a Christmas fundraiser today in South Fort Myers, then had lunch on the street in Downtown Fort Myers for $ 17.50, then walked along the new waterfront esplanade. Then off visiting in North Fort Myers and later had dinner outside at Carmines where there was a great band. We went swimming the last two days, the pool was 84 degrees without the heat pump. I can't believe this is not a vacation!

Old 12-08-2013, 09:45 PM

10 posts, read 16,326 times
We told our children that we were thinking of moving to Florida and my daughter said you are going to be our best friends in the winter!!
My brother and I have lost our parents in the last 3 years and all we have left for family is our two daughters whom we see, maybe, 2 times a year. We figure we will see them more if we move! Haha

Old 12-09-2013, 08:05 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,089,949 times
Whenever I see ranking lists I always have to look a little closer to see what they use for criteria. For example If they have a ranking of best places to retire and their main criteria is "days of sunshine" or "avg cost for a cup of coffee" I can't do much more than be mildly entertained. This criteria was based off a few things , some of which were unemployment rate, schools, crime . I think one criteria they used (amount of homes for sale) is skeptical because it could be looked at positively or negatively. I think this probably skewed the placement of Cape coral but some of the areas it scored very high on (top 25%) were very notable.

Cape ranked No. 5 Best Mid-Sized City - cape-coral-daily-breeze.com | News, sports, community info. - Cape Coral Daily Breeze

Old 01-01-2014, 09:03 AM

7 posts, read 10,535 times
It is odd how the only posts people remember are the negative posts. No area in the world is perfect, only what you make of it. I lived in Fort Myers for thirty years and had to move away five years ago. I have two more years left where I am and cannot wait to move back. To me life in SWFL is the greatest. Many things to do and great weather to do it in. I miss it there everyday. Honestly everyone is entitled to their opinions but normally the complainers will complain about something anywhere they go. Don't listen. Follow your dreams and you will have a pretty amazing life living in Cape Coral. I lived there for two years in 1985, moved back over to Fort Myers cuz my work was there. Both areas are beautiful. As for crime, there is crime anywhere. You shouldn't have any problems with crime affecting you unless going to Dunbar to buy drugs. Traffic in the area can get bad especially during season but no worse than any other city. Don't let these bad posts scare you. I promise once you get there and settle in, you will love it there like probably the 90% do. Good luck and hope you post back once you move.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:19 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,757,973 times
If anyone can tell me about having a rural feel is possible in North FM, Alva, La Belle, Moore Haven please don't hold back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area