Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 04:35 PM

126 posts, read 269,818 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move to the Fort Myers/Naples area. I am looking at The Riviera Condos on the waterfront at 2743 First Street in Fort Myers, for a rental until I purchase a home. I am surprised the beautiful condos sale and rent for such a low price. What's wrong with them? I have read the area is not one a person should venture out in after dark. What's the true story? Please help. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 07:28 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,875,268 times
The downtown historic district is a fun place.Revitalized...nice shops,sidewalk cafe's and restsaurants,lots of activities.The Riviera condo's are a little bit east of downtown but close enough to walk and enjoy.
That said,if you look at a Google map,you'll notice that state road 80 is just a few blocks south of you and that is the beginning of the "hood" so you'll want to remain alert if you are out late at night.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:45 AM

126 posts, read 269,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
The downtown historic district is a fun place.Revitalized...nice shops,sidewalk cafe's and restsaurants,lots of activities.The Riviera condo's are a little bit east of downtown but close enough to walk and enjoy.
That said,if you look at a Google map,you'll notice that state road 80 is just a few blocks south of you and that is the beginning of the "hood" so you'll want to remain alert if you are out late at night.

Thanks for the information! The "hood" is a little close for comfort.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:20 PM

784 posts, read 923,316 times
The Riviera condo's are nice as well as the Tropez, Beau Rivage, Alta Mar and others nearby....we have looked at all of them.

IMO...you don't have to worry about security...they are kind of like an oasis of their own...how much time would you spend in the nearby neighborhoods anyways.....zero right, why would you.

We've walked around and ate at local resturants in Fort Myers downtown area and never felt it was unsafe.

The only issue I have with the condo's is the lack of deeded boat slots, which is big on our list of must haves.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:11 PM

23 posts, read 64,527 times
It gets real bad fast downtown in that area,you couldn't pay me enough to deal with what crawls out of dunbar to pillage at night.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:08 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Feel like we can help a bit.... We lived in the Riviera for 2.5 years '08 - '10ish (renters). The building is amazing and the amenities for the most part were good. The elevators were fast and most of the tenants (mix of renters, snowbirds, and full-time owners) were professional. The HOA fees seemed higher for owners for what you get.

On the negative the location sucks! You're a few blocks away from the gheeeeeeetto, when we moved in they were shooting each other off palm beach like a volleyball game. The parking and pool are not secure, we saw obvious outsiders there. The noise from the street is greater than expected, sitting on a porch was ok but not the best.

Take a drive around and go during a busy time of day and you'll see most of my points. I'd probably pass on buying if it were my money as better value to be found elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area