Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2014, 06:52 AM

93 posts, read 192,121 times

Advertisements

We currently live in Sarasota county and my husband is seeking a job at Lee Memorial (he is an RN and should have no issues with finding employment) We are no longer happy with his job/benefits of his current job that is with the old HMA hospitals and now considered Bayfront Health.

We are a young family and are worried about all the young family "stuff." School are not an issue, we would do private school so I don't need info on lee county schools (trust me, I have already read up on them, which is why we would go the private route. )

We would have a home price cap of about 210K We are not against a town home, and would prefer a single family...condos are out.

I have noticed some very nice looking town homes listed at the Collonade.....can someone talk me through what it's like living there?? Pretty Please!!

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 07:20 AM

48,110 posts, read 21,990,299 times
I have not visited nor do I know anyone who lives there...but I go past it frequently....and I shop over at the Forum for Petco and Home Depot stuff.

Colonial is a major highway and it would make living there....very convenient. The area is nice! Busy out on Colonial....but nice!

This would definitely be Suburban living.....convenient, safe neighborhood.....amenities. There is lots of new development going on around there; with a variety of prices.....it all looks upscale and good.

Personally I wouldn't hesitate for a minute about the location....I bet its nice in that development.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:30 AM

93 posts, read 192,121 times
OMG, thank you so much! I was hoping that we would get a response like this! Anyone else have an opinion about it??

Old 01-25-2014, 10:09 AM

48,110 posts, read 21,990,299 times
There is also a new housing development called Hampton Park....on Gateway Blvd....they are advertising homes starting in the low 200's. I live in another community off Gateway.....it is a very nice neighborhood. I think it would be quieter than the Forum...tho both are quality neighborhoods (not that far from each other).

Old 01-26-2014, 09:58 AM

21 posts, read 49,123 times
LOL…sounds like the Forum would be perfect for you. And if you think private schools are the way only to go, you may be unpleasantly suprised. If you parent your child like parents should, there are several public schools that are very good and don't cost you $14-20K per year. Visit the schools and don't believe everything you read. Also welcome to Lee Memorial……ask several people that work in the LMH system and they will lead you straight. I'd avdise for you to rent for a little while before you buy. There are several ups n downs on everywhere that until you live there and experience…..well you know from here. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area